All in One PCB Support Thread

Boondoggle

Re: All in One PCB Support Thread

Post by Boondoggle » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:43 am

Helder wrote: Be sure you have the speaker wires in the right polarity
The adafruit speaker itself doesn't seem to have polarity labeled but I'll do so google-fu and make sure that its installed correctly.
Helder wrote:...and only thing else to check is the power to the AIO. I see you're powering from the Pi itself, can't you power it though the power supply board?

I hadn't gotten to that part of the project yet. I wanted to confirm I had the sound correct before continuing so I haven't installed the power board yet. I got the idea from wermy's tutorial.
Helder wrote:Also are you powering the screen from the Pi too?
If you use HDMI to test I'm pretty sure there is no Audio through the speaker or headphones.
If that's true then that's absolutely my issue. I will do some testing without HDMI.

I'll report back. Thanks!

Boondoggle

Post by Boondoggle » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:29 pm

Helder,

Thanks for your help. The issue appears to have been the HDMI connection. I had experimented with the audio output settings and thought I'd compensated for that, but it doesn't seem to matter. Just a note for others, in my experience you wont get speaker sound working if you have an active HDMI connection.

solder

Post by solder » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:39 pm

Helder wrote:Have an issue or problem or question hooking up the All In One PCB? Ask here and I or someone will assist you.

Known Issues with v1 board (shipped before 8/8/16) and V1.4

Issue: If no analog stick is connected, erratic signals can cause undesired motion to be
reported

Workaround: The chip needs to be reprogrammed, see this thread
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1176 . (My experience is that if you can
get through the initial gamepad configuration in Emulation Station, subsequent erratic signals
will be ignored)
Sorry if it has been clarified before but i've been afk for some time and picked up my builds again recently so it's alot to readup.

I got the 1.4 and wondered if the analogstick pins can't just be wired/bridged (/wo actually hooking up an analogstick) to avoid the need of reflashing the AOI?
I prefer soldering then fiddeling around with software ;)

Thx a bunch!

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:56 pm

solder wrote:
Helder wrote:Have an issue or problem or question hooking up the All In One PCB? Ask here and I or someone will assist you.

Known Issues with v1 board (shipped before 8/8/16) and V1.4

Issue: If no analog stick is connected, erratic signals can cause undesired motion to be
reported

Workaround: The chip needs to be reprogrammed, see this thread
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1176 . (My experience is that if you can
get through the initial gamepad configuration in Emulation Station, subsequent erratic signals
will be ignored)
Sorry if it has been clarified before but i've been afk for some time and picked up my builds again recently so it's alot to readup.

I got the 1.4 and wondered if the analogstick pins can't just be wired/bridged (/wo actually hooking up an analogstick) to avoid the need of reflashing the AOI?
I prefer soldering then fiddeling around with software ;)

Thx a bunch!
Unfortunately you need to reflash the code to really fix the issue, I had an Arduino Pro saying he would work on some new code for the project but he hasn't been around to post anything so you'll have to use the files in my programming threads.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Fiirikkusu

Post by Fiirikkusu » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:45 pm

Helder wrote:
Boondoggle wrote:
Helder wrote: Easiest way to test audio is to remove the headphone socket and volume wheel. Connect pot 1 pad to pot 4 pad and pot 2 to pot 3 and connect the speaker negative to the Switch pad and theppositive to either the left or right pad.

Once you set that up you should have sound unless the config.txt is wrong. Post your results after doing this setup.
Image[/url]

Ok. I reconfigured the GB as suggested (please tell me if I've misunderstood) and replaced the config file with one you provided (thanks).

Unfortunately I still get just speaker hiss. It is a bit louder than before.
Be sure you have the speaker wires in the right polarity, and only thing else to check is the power to the AIO. I see you're powering from the Pi itself, can't you power it though the power supply board? Also are you powering the screen from the Pi too?
If you use HDMI to test I'm pretty sure there is no Audio through the speaker or headphones.

Fiirikkusu wrote:Hello,
I purchased a 1.4 AIO board and I can't seem to get it to detect on my pi0. I have tried various ways of connecting it but it doesn't seem to be working. I also tried connecting to my PC via usb cable but it's not even detecting or even prompting me that I connected a usb device. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Are you sure you have it wired properly to the usb cable? post pictures please and you might have to reflow the hub chip or the 12MHz resonator if the hub isn't getting detected. Don't reflow anything yet until the wiring has been confirmed.
Attachments
20161015_164105.jpg
20161015_164105.jpg (3.58 MiB) Viewed 8480 times

Boogz

Post by Boogz » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:09 pm

So I've soldered everything, and rechecked it. All the wires are run properly. for the life of me I cannot get the usb hub to work. I've twisted the wires, tried the cmdline.txt fix and tried reinstalling retropie various times. I've even moved all wires away from the chip and usb hub.

It won't add roms via usb drive, and the wifi dongle is a compatible one. I've tried multiple usb drives. It just won't behave. Is there anything else I can do?

iSP

Post by iSP » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:11 am

Already send you ([mention]Helder[/mention]) a pm, but maybe this is a better question and actually useful for more people in here...

What's the dimensions, width + height, of the new 2.0 board?
I've actually progressed quite a bit over night (couldn't sleep :P) with my custom case and might be to show of something as soon as later today!

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:12 am

Boogz wrote:So I've soldered everything, and rechecked it. All the wires are run properly. for the life of me I cannot get the usb hub to work. I've twisted the wires, tried the cmdline.txt fix and tried reinstalling retropie various times. I've even moved all wires away from the chip and usb hub.

It won't add roms via usb drive, and the wifi dongle is a compatible one. I've tried multiple usb drives. It just won't behave. Is there anything else I can do?
If you plug the board into a PC does it recognize the hub and Arduino as a Gamepad? Also are you using a compatible USB Keyboard to navigate through the retropie menus while the 1.1 speed fix is in place?

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Boogz

Post by Boogz » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:46 am

Helder wrote: If you plug the board into a PC does it recognize the hub and Arduino as a Gamepad? Also are you using a compatible USB Keyboard to navigate through the retropie menus while the 1.1 speed fix is in place?
It recognizes it as a gamepad, the keyboard is one off the compatible list. I just can't get anything else to work with it. I'm using an edimax n150 nano, also I have an adafruit dongle which I've had luck with on other pis. the board recognizes the dongle, but won't show any results for the "wlan0 scan" command, nor will it connect when I manually put the information into the wpa_supplicant.conf file. When it comes to the usb drives it won't mount them and initiate the fire transfer. Maybe I've just had bad luck with the drives? I've been using sandisk 32gb drives

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:55 pm

A few other people had similar issues and one fixed it with usb 1.1 fix (files are on first post) and another used Retropie 4.0.