How to Program Helder's All in One GBZ PCB with USBasp Programmer

Discussion about other hardware (including other Pi-like boards)
Ganreizu

Re: How to Program Helder's All in One GBZ PCB with USBasp Programmer

Post by Ganreizu » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:50 pm

Found one that is compatible. :3

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:20 pm

Ganreizu wrote:Found one that is compatible. :3
Should've contacted me as I have a handful of them, but glad you found something suitable.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Ganreizu

Post by Ganreizu » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:09 pm

Helder wrote:Should've contacted me as I have a handful of them, but glad you found something suitable.
Oh hahaha that's ok what's done is done. It's not really something so urgent that I can't wait for it. If there's one thing made stronger by working on something like this since may it's patience. (though with how many people you deal with for these boards it would absolutely shatter mine...)

vnman

Post by vnman » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:22 am

I re-program the board again this time with the new code and it works with the "no analog" code.

With the analog code it does not work, same problem as described, i.e. when choosing a game it would go straight to the runcommand config screen.

Not that big a deal as I found out that I need keyboard connected if I want to run Computer emulators, eg. Atari ST, Atari 8 bit, ZX Spectrum, etc....

So the only roms on my Gameboy Zero are most of the handhelds, and arcade games.

Ganreizu

Post by Ganreizu » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:18 pm

So i bought this programmer: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0897792012

When i go to detect the board it gives me this

Code: Select all

Unable to detect MCU

avrdude.exe: error: could not find USB device with vid=0x16c0 pid=0x5dc vendor='www.fischl.de' product='USBasp'

avrdude.exe done.  Thank you.
Any idea what's up? Do i need power to the AIO or is it a driver issue?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:13 am

Ganreizu wrote:So i bought this programmer: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0897792012

When i go to detect the board it gives me this

Code: Select all

Unable to detect MCU

avrdude.exe: error: could not find USB device with vid=0x16c0 pid=0x5dc vendor='www.fischl.de' product='USBasp'

avrdude.exe done.  Thank you.
Any idea what's up? Do i need power to the AIO or is it a driver issue?
Link is broken, are you trying this on a windows 10 machine? These devices have driver issues on Windows 10. Also have you tried flipping the isp ribbon connector ? You should hit detect once you have the made contact and it'll detect the proper MCU if everything is correct.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Ganreizu

Post by Ganreizu » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:08 pm

Helder wrote:Link is broken, are you trying this on a windows 10 machine? These devices have driver issues on Windows 10. Also have you tried flipping the isp ribbon connector ? You should hit detect once you have the made contact and it'll detect the proper MCU if everything is correct.
Figures the link would break. Try this share version: http://r.ebay.com/uWqxa2

I'm using win7 which seems fairly ideal as far as drivers go but it's still a mess.

I didn't try flipping the ribbon cable since it says hooking the wrong pins can damage the board. I was pretty confident I got the right pins given the pinout (which is here, probably should have linked that to begin with). I assumed that the little block on the image corresponds with the little block on the connector.

I got libusb0.dll into the avrdudeess folder, and i tried a couple of driver solutions. (i'll specify with an edit later, not at my home computer atm)

vnman

Post by vnman » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:47 am

Can we use Sota's sketch on this AIO board?

Ganreizu

Post by Ganreizu » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:35 pm

@helder: Got it to work! Used the zadig method (here), which i used before but didn't work somehow, on a separate win 7 computer and flashed all 3 boards in one shot. :D

Uru

Post by Uru » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:06 pm

@Helder So Im having issues with the AVRDUDESS program. I have verified that my USBASP driver is installed but it will not detect the All in one Board. I checked my setting and compared it to what you have and it is all the same but when I click Detect it will say "unable to detect MCU". I have tried multiple computer and USB ports with the same result... Any idea? I have also tried most of the fixes posted on