[SOLD OUT] 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
Toxic_Zule

Re: [Order] 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border [batch1&2 OutOfStock] [more coming soon]

Post by Toxic_Zule » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:48 am

Freiwilderer wrote:On my Original Gameboy case there is huge gape :(
I can't use this Glass :(

What can I do?
I personally would center the glass and use painter's tape over the screen and use some black caulking in the gap.

AustenFM

Re: [Order] 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border [batch1&2 OutOfStock] [more coming soon]

Post by AustenFM » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:25 am

Since these orders seem to be rolling in, I would be interested in hearing from more people who purchased the glass about the fit.

Does it fit snug, or is there a considerable gap? Also, are you using an original DMG shell or an after market replica?

This information could definitely be of use to people wanting to purchase in the future, as well as Day if changes need to be made with the manufacturer down the line.

esotericsean

Post by esotericsean » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:44 pm

How do we order for the next batch?

metalheadz

Post by metalheadz » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:28 am

Freiwilderer wrote:On my Original Gameboy case there is huge gape :(
I can't use this Glass :(

What can I do?
I would like to get an update on this matter too as Im waiting for my screen to arrive..

Is there a possible difference between knockoff chinese DMG case and original ones?

daboosa

Post by daboosa » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:52 am

Hi all,

Received my glass today I've got a slight gap around the edge nothing to worry about though! I have the original gameboy shell, please see attached photo
Attachments
IMG_2479.JPG
IMG_2479.JPG (2.17 MiB) Viewed 9169 times

day

Post by day » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:53 am

Hi all,

Sorry for this small offline moment. I'll try to catch up on main questions raised. So :

@Goose_box : the border width is 2mm
@Toxic_Zule & @esotericsean : I'll open new design orders soon, need to free up some time and lately was quite hectic, will let you know on this thread I promise !

Now, more importantly, about the questions @Freiwilderer and @Juggler_Jouzu mentionned :
There is a maximum space of 0.6mm on width and height (so 0.3mm if centered). This was done in order to ensure that the glass would fit all cases. Original DMG have some different margin errors, and non original ones as well, so by going to a really small difference of 0.6mm, I could ensure everyone would have a glass that would fit. As the screen protector are made of Gorilla Glass, their wouldnt "bend" if they are slightly bigger, they would just not fit.
I decided to go that way because the opposite would have been far worst : a screen that doesnt even fit the case is totally useless.
Centering the screen would give you a very tiny space and once glued you won't notice it anymore.

Attached you can see the screens on TWO originals DMG (on one, the DMG is already cut, on the other I only removed original glass protector).
ggb1.jpg
ggb1.jpg (98.39 KiB) Viewed 9168 times
As you can see, the space is really tiny.

I hope you understand the reason behind that choice and that overall you are satisfied with the glass, the silkscreen quality and the overall service.

Freiwilderer

Post by Freiwilderer » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:41 pm

hi,

can somebody measure the glass, please? I think mine is smaller ....

I bought this glass to have a really good looking GBZ ... but with this gape ... it's not so nice ... :(

smithincanton

Post by smithincanton » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:49 pm

Look at this sexy beast! Thank you [mention]day[/mention]!! I can't wait to get working on my next build. I think I have everything to start.

pixelplus

Post by pixelplus » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:51 pm

day wrote:Hi all,

Now, more importantly, about the questions @Freiwilderer and @Juggler_Jouzu mentionned :
There is a maximum space of 0.6mm on width and height (so 0.3mm if centered). This was done in order to ensure that the glass would fit all cases. Original DMG have some different margin errors, and non original ones as well, so by going to a really small difference of 0.6mm, I could ensure everyone would have a glass that would fit. As the screen protector are made of Gorilla Glass, their wouldnt "bend" if they are slightly bigger, they would just not fit.
I decided to go that way because the opposite would have been far worst : a screen that doesnt even fit the case is totally useless.
Centering the screen would give you a very tiny space and once glued you won't notice it anymore.
One of my original cases clearly gives a little to much space, but on another it's a perfect fit, all cases are indeed a bit different! Meanwhile on my third (yep, I cant help myself) with a surround from Dom I really had to press it in place. Excellent fit but as you said, a glass screen would have been to large in that case. :ugeek:

thank you for an excellent product!

Zacarycaine

Post by Zacarycaine » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:49 pm

I just received my glass in today and i have to say it looks great!

However i am pretty bummed that there is a pretty big gap. I am using an aftermarket case and it looks like there is more of a gap than there is on the original case.

I read Day's post as to why there is a gap and I 100% understand, but I would've loved that info before purchasing.

Again, I'm not trying to knock Day and all his hard work because these did come out great! Just would've been better if it fit nicer.

But there's always a work around. Thanks again!