What is your first video game memory?

Talk about anything and everything... Just be nice.
Erwinbrowning

Re: What is your first video game memory?

Post by Erwinbrowning » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:09 am

I remember playing Sonic 2 with my dad. Back then, I was not good at games, due to me being a little kid, so I was always Tails while my dad blasted through the game. ;)
Whenever we got got to the end, he would always make it seem like I was the reason we won. It also has lead to a lifelong love for Tails as a character, even though Modern Sonic games are not that great.
Addicted to watch MBC drama on Tvluux.

JoshL

Post by JoshL » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:17 pm

Don't remember which was first, but I remember Mario Bros on NES, Flappy (NOT flappy bird) on some old computer and River Raid and Pitfall on Atari.

Eccho

Post by Eccho » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:40 am

First game memory, I'm not sure (probably Doom at my uncle's). But first played game is Lemmings :D
90's boy.

kendon

Post by kendon » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:43 am

First memory is Sokoban on my Dads 80286 PC in our livingroom in the late 80's. We always had a PC at home (as my dad worked with them) and my parents weren't too fond of gaming systems, so our first console was a Playstation which my brothers got. I remember the day when my dad came home from a business trip to the US with demo versions of Doom and Wolfenstein3D, which we were allowed to play for five minutes every day under my Dads supervision (I was 9 or ten at the time :shock: )...

Played a lot of SNES and MegaDrive games at friends places, and spent quite some time of my later youth playing N64 (Mariokart and Bomberman allnighters) while smoking weed :mrgreen:

So now I just ordered two Gameboy cases, and am waiting more or less patiently for the next round of Kites AIO boards to go on preorder... playing games on a Pi3 on the big screen.

abrugsch

Post by abrugsch » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:41 am

Sometime around 1983 my dad picked up an Apple II (well compatible. A Franklin Ace 1200 which is quite an infamous machine in computing history as it was the center of a landmark case regarding reverse engineering)
And me being somewhere around 6 years old was only interested in any games it might play ;)

So Snake Byte was purchased and so began my love of computers and games which went Apple II->atari 2600->C64->C= Amiga->gameboy->PC

winnston84

Post by winnston84 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:12 am

My brothers mega drive and the opening level music/bright colours of green hill zone. I knew then that I had found my calling in life :lol:

RarinImp

Post by RarinImp » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:22 pm

I remember image burning my grandmother's 50 inch projection tv by pausing Super Mario Bros on level 1-2 the day I got my first NES when it was time for dinner...she was furious! :lol:
I know my family let me play games on the old Vectrex and Colecovision systems we had but don't really remember those too well.

RetroRocket

Post by RetroRocket » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:41 pm

On my fifth birthday, my dad gave me an original Gameboy and a copy of Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins. 24 years and countless games later, those are still my strongest and most treasured gaming memories; my dad, sister and I had different save pipes, and we specialized in different worlds... My dad was the only one who could beat the Star Land boss for many years...

I've sold quite a few of my old games and systems, rebuying a few of them, but I've never sold any of my Gameboys and would never consider selling these.
SpoilerShow
DSC_0003.JPG
DSC_0003.JPG (7.27 MiB) Viewed 8194 times
*Also playing Scorched Earth off a floppy disk I found in my school library in 1st grade.

drafterITA

Post by drafterITA » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:57 am

My very first console was the Atari 2600 and the first game I had was..
Jungle HuntShow
Then I have very fond memories of the Atari Lynx.. I had a lot of games.. Toki, California Games, Gates of Zendocon..... ahhh...
and then all the Game Boy family :)
Cheers! :D
drafterITA

onesojourner

Post by onesojourner » Mon May 01, 2017 3:22 pm

I have no idea what year it would have been. I was 4 maybe so mid to late 80's. We had a 2600. It was ok pacman ect. Then one day I was out playing in the kiddie pool and I come in and see my dad setting on a chair in the middle of the living room. It Seemed kind of weird. Then when I realized he had brought home an NES and not come out to get me I was flabbergasted.... How could you not tell me!