How to Program Helder's All in One GBZ PCB with Arduino IDE

Discussion about other hardware (including other Pi-like boards)
larsen2011

Re: How to Program Helder's All in One GBZ PCB with Arduino IDE

Post by larsen2011 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:20 pm

Thanks, that was it.

It worked, one tip from my side (as already mentioned by @helder, but I want to share my personal experience):
In the initial setup, choose the correct board and the COM port (no the bootloader one).

Then hit the upload button, once you see the compilation almost done, double-press the tacticle switch and do nothing else. For me, the software automatically switched to the bootloader COM port...

After finalization you see the device with a completely different COM port number in your device manager (one number higher than the bootloader version in the software).

I will try this with the second board I have again to see if this can be confirmed.

username 123

Post by username 123 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:44 pm

I have to raise this from the dead because I'm still having problems.
I flashed my board, but now I can only program 2 of the 4 hat d-pad. When I go into configure input, I'll program the first button which is "up" programs fine and then I program the second button "down" and it says "already taken". I'm also still getting multiple button presses even after cleaning the contacts and new rubber pads and uploaded that new code.
I got this board which feels like years ago now and I could never get it to work correctly.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:53 pm

username 123 wrote:I have to raise this from the dead because I'm still having problems.
I flashed my board, but now I can only program 2 of the 4 hat d-pad. When I go into configure input, I'll program the first button which is "up" programs fine and then I program the second button "down" and it says "already taken". I'm also still getting multiple button presses even after cleaning the contacts and new rubber pads and uploaded that new code.
I got this board which feels like years ago now and I could never get it to work correctly.
Reflow the Atmega32u4 chip and add some fresh solder, if it still acts up then try @SotaSystem's code for the buttons and if that fails return it to me and I'll swap it with a newer version of the boards I'm currently selling.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

scionsamurai

Post by scionsamurai » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:38 pm

Hello Helder,
I have a question on this process. I bought 2 of the 1.4 boards, And they are super nice! I was wondering how to get the "New Controller Sketches" to work. I have a feeling i'm not setting up the file structure correctly. The "New..Sketches.zip" doesn't have an Arduino folder, so i downloaded the older sketches and tried to add the GamepadAnalog-HID to the GBZ_Controller folder of the Older sketches zip. But it looks like an "HID-Project.h" file is still missing.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:14 pm

scionsamurai wrote:Hello Helder,
I have a question on this process. I bought 2 of the 1.4 boards, And they are super nice! I was wondering how to get the "New Controller Sketches" to work. I have a feeling i'm not setting up the file structure correctly. The "New..Sketches.zip" doesn't have an Arduino folder, so i downloaded the older sketches and tried to add the GamepadAnalog-HID to the GBZ_Controller folder of the Older sketches zip. But it looks like an "HID-Project.h" file is still missing.
Previous page I explain what you need to do to download those files into the Arduino IDE so the new sketches will work.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

nuneberg

Post by nuneberg » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:01 am

@helder

Can you post the Reporgraming guide for your V2.2 board?

I have trubble geting the buttons to work. and get any USB plugings to work. And i would like to reprogram it, As the PC i connect it to finds the Arduino Lenardo.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:19 am

nuneberg wrote:@helder

Can you post the Reporgraming guide for your V2.2 board?

I have trubble geting the buttons to work. and get any USB plugings to work. And i would like to reprogram it, As the PC i connect it to finds the Arduino Lenardo.
If it detects the board as the arduino leonardo then you just need to follow the part of the guide where you use the sketches (use updated ones) and choose the Leonardo board and program it like the rest fo guide but you will need to reset it like in the guide. Really the only difference in this is the board you choose in the Arduino IDE and be sure to download the mentioned libraries in the previous page so the sketch compiles properly.

The programming only fixes the buttons and not the USB, for USB go to the support thread and read the first post for the usb fixes.

pmgducati

Post by pmgducati » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:23 am

@helder I'm Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else (I searched and couldn't find anything related). Where do I attach the USB cable on the 2.2 board?

My issue is that all the buttons work except the D-Pad. I was going to try to reprogram it but I cant figure out how to hook it up to the PC since the 2.2 version doesn't have the "USB from Pi" Ports. I tried using the hub in D+ and D- with no luck

Thanks!

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:27 pm

pmgducati wrote:@helder I'm Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else (I searched and couldn't find anything related). Where do I attach the USB cable on the 2.2 board?

My issue is that all the buttons work except the D-Pad. I was going to try to reprogram it but I cant figure out how to hook it up to the PC since the 2.2 version doesn't have the "USB from Pi" Ports. I tried using the hub in D+ and D- with no luck

Thanks!
It was never posted but it was assumed people would know to grab 5v or GND from the various locations on the board and also use the 2 standalone D- and D+ as the connections used. I have an image below that has various 5v in RED and GND in Black points as well as the D- and D+ you would connect to the PC, any of those 5v or GND points can be used.

Lphillimore

Post by Lphillimore » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:29 am

New code is definitely more stable in terms ot bounce.

Having issues however with my R1 button. Its not recognised.

I have my Leonardo wired up as per Sotas original code so essentially 0-10 and 14.

So 12 buttons in total.

I can configure input in Emulationstation as normal minus the R1 button. (This works with Sotas code so button is good).

Navigation in Emulation station is OK but only a couple of buttons work within games.

Any ideas @helder ?

Ive tried changing your code (New Sketches) to define only 12 buttons and re-order the numbers to match my the old code but no joy.

Any help welcome.

Heres my Leonardo:
20170328_232246-1134x2016.jpg
20170328_232246-1134x2016.jpg (504.96 KiB) Viewed 12679 times