[SOLD OUT] 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
devsfan1830

Re: [Order] 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border [batch1&2 OutOfStock] [more coming soon]

Post by devsfan1830 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:40 am

If you are still around and intend on another wave of orders, put me down for one!

day

Re: [Order] 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border [batch3 to come!]

Post by day » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:56 am

Dear everyone,

I hope you are all doing great !

I wanted to apologize for my silence for this long time: many personnal stuff to solve in my life, many new challenges and at some point I had to concentrate and fully commit to some life projects IRL. I thank you for your understanding and patience.

I have more free time again now, I managed to organize myself and thankfully some stuff got solved by themselves. Lesson learned : keep faith !

That being said.....I am ready to soon launch a new batch for the 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border. It will be done in this thread/topic, and I will make the necessary links to the right post when the pre-orders will be ready to get launched. So make sure to subscribe and bookmark this topic.

In the meantime, I want to get some feedbacks from you in order to launch production for a nice model, that will be done in addition to the existing design (i.e. the one with gray border, pink/blue parallel lines, and "GAME BOY ZERO" as a text).

Some things to take into account :
- I am not sure if I will do another batch after this batch, so let's get it right.
- In this batch, I will produce the original design that I produced AND a new design (see below for new design)
- a minimum order quantity will be put in place during pre-orders, once reached, I will immediatly launch the production, which should take few weeks. I will provide more info/follow up when we reach that stage.
- PLEASE READ : as a disclaimer and for transparency : the dimensions of the Gorilla Glass will remain the same as during first batches. The reason is that I received very few critical complains on that aspect, and that I don't want to risk the opposite and change the dimensions to get a lot of critical complains. As every cases are slightly different, I cannot risk having Gorilla Glass' dimenions that are larger/bigger, even slightly. Indeed, as the Gorilla Glass does NOT bend, the screen protection will simply NOT fit the case. Whereas at the moment, if for some of you the Gorilla Glass are slightly smaller, at least it will fit the cases, at the cost of having a tiny gap. I hope you understand my situation : I cannot control the cases discrepencies, but I can control the Gorilla Glass production, and they have NO errors (0.01mm margin error).

New additional design:

For new designs, I will create a poll, soon. However, in the meantime, I want to try to gather the mood. If I see that it is not really manageable, I will come with my own suggestions.
For the moment, I am thinking about the follow ideas for an additional design (remember that I will STILL produce the original one I did, with gray border, pink/blue parallel lines, and "GAME BOY ZERO" as a text).

Ideas are :
- gray border, pink/blue parallel lines, and "DOT MATRIX WITH STEREO SOUND" as a text
- gray border, pink/blue parallel lines, and "LCD MATRIX WITH PWM AUDIO" as a text
- black border, pink/blue parallel lines, and "GAME BOY ZERO" as a text

Any suggestions ?

TL;DR

I'm back, I settled some IRL stuff, finally.
I thank you for your patience :) <3
I will soon produce a new (and last?) batch.
This batch will have original design AND a new design.
A poll will be open soon, in the meantime, please share some suggestions.

Thank you again for your time all !

day

oxy93n

Post by oxy93n » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:00 am

i will 100% buy 1 orginal and 1 black border, pink/blue parallel lines, and "GAME BOY ZERO" as a text when it will be done so
what will fits perfect for my 2nd project with a black case xD

Lphillimore

Post by Lphillimore » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:09 am

Welcome back @day !

Glad all is well.

Cant wait for these to go on sale.

Much like @oxy93n id' be interested in:

1 original and 1 black border, pink/blue parallel lines, and "GAME BOY ZERO"

Thanks for your efforts.

devsfan1830

Post by devsfan1830 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:16 am

Id probably be down for 2-4 of the Black Border "GAME BOY ZERO" variant in case of damage or someone wanting me to make a 2nd unit. Spares are necessary if this might be the last batch :)

Camble

Post by Camble » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:35 am

Still voting for a "dot matrix ..." variant here, but I'll be buying whichever is available. Unfortunate about the size though, I reckon the gap could be closed without too much risk of oversized glass. 0.25mm max (0.125mm all round)

torusJKL

Post by torusJKL » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:54 am

I would order 1-2 Game Boy Zero.
Maybe 1 Dot Matrix...

torusJKL

Post by torusJKL » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:55 am

I would order 1-2 Game Boy Zero.
Maybe 1 Dot Matrix...

JustPlainBill

Post by JustPlainBill » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:03 am

Glad to see you are back, I would like 2 of the original.

AustenFM

Post by AustenFM » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:32 am

Great to see you again, Day!

My unofficial vote is for - 'gray border, pink/blue parallel lines, and "DOT MATRIX WITH STEREO SOUND" as a text'

So I can keep as close to the original GB theme as losdible. Ill cast my official vote when the poll goes up, but just wanted to offer my two cents now.