[NEW VERSION] Sota's 14 buttons + optional up to 2 analog sticks guide for a Leonardo Pro Micro (Teensy alternative)

Various user-contributed guides for hardware-related things
Lphillimore

Re: [NEW VERSION] Sota's 14 buttons + optional up to 2 analog sticks guide for a Leonardo Pro Micro (Teensy alternative)

Post by Lphillimore » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:04 am

Does anyone know the code to reduce 'bounce' like you can on the Teensy?

Have tripple checked my wires and to be honest the double presses are very minimal but somewhat inconvenient if my press is soft.

jermzz

Re: [NEW VERSION] Sota's 14 buttons + optional up to 2 analog sticks guide for a Leonardo Pro Micro (Teensy alternative)

Post by jermzz » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:56 am

Would a thumbstick like this one work? It says it's two 10k potentiometers like the psp stick, it just looks like it has an extra ground and 5v pin.

https://www.adafruit.com/products/2765

Thanks!

chewyinit

Post by chewyinit » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:06 pm

Hey Sota, i love the work youre doing. I'm not sure what ive done wrong though, as whenever i hit 'upload' it comes up with 'joystate-t does not have a state type' or 'output was not declaired in this scope'.

Any ideas what in doing wrong? thanks in advance.

dcherof

Post by dcherof » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:33 pm

chewyinit wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:06 pm
Hey Sota, i love the work youre doing. I'm not sure what ive done wrong though, as whenever i hit 'upload' it comes up with 'joystate-t does not have a state type' or 'output was not declaired in this scope'.

Any ideas what in doing wrong? thanks in advance.
Ive been having this same problem. I am using a mac. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

vnman

Post by vnman » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:02 pm

the arduino ide version have to be 1.0.5r2 as mentioned in the guide.

dcherof

Post by dcherof » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:11 pm

I don't think that version is offered for Mac users sadly. has anyone used this code successfully using a mac version of the arduino software, and if so what did you do?

correia5022

Post by correia5022 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:38 pm

Hey guys

One quick question. After uploading the code, my arduino leonardo stays with the same name. Shouldnt be like a controller or io device or something like that?
Now is just connecting the buttons to the pins and its done?
Check out my Boombox: https://nrcboombox.wixsite.com/website

vnman

Post by vnman » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:29 am

dcherof wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:11 pm
I don't think that version is offered for Mac users sadly. has anyone used this code successfully using a mac version of the arduino software, and if so what did you do?
The link for download is also on the first page -

https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/OldSoftw ... ases#1.0.x

vnman

Post by vnman » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:33 am

Downloaded this -
Downloads for Helder's AIO, has modified sketch and Hex Files for USBasp:
Hex Files
@Helder - which hex file is for AIO version 1.4, that supports analog stick?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:12 am

The one that says SotaStick1.hex is for 1 analog stick and will work with the 1.4 or any AIO that has the Analog stick solder holes.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.