All in One PCB Support Thread

Jmags1700

Re: All in One PCB Support Thread

Post by Jmags1700 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:51 pm

Helder wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:38 pm
Jmags1700 wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:18 pm

Yeah it's just the angle there is a visible gap but since you said it a checked with the meter no bridge :(
First and foremost is to hook it up to a PC as mentioned above and see if there is an Arduino controller in the Devices screen where normally printers are.

Second I notice you have burned a pad or 2 which I circled in RED which I suspect (you will have to check) that you might have burned the annular ring circled in BLUE. The thing with this ring is that the trace to the USB gub is on the back end of the PCB and if that ring is burned off on that side there is effectively no USB connection being made. I've seen another user with a similar situation (if this is your situation) that the back annular ring was missing, so check that also.

If the second paragraph is your issue then you can solder a wire to whichever ring is burned to the following traces:
Yeah your right i used a soldering iron that was cheap but after I burned two pads I stopped and got some lessons from a friend and got an adjustable soldering iron I did a continuity test and D+/- are still good is there anything else I could test it on maybe I did something wrong when I tested via USB with the computer
Attachments
image.jpg
Here's how I set up the USB
image.jpg (2.43 MiB) Viewed 9313 times

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:29 pm

When you plug it into a PC it should detect new hardware, if it gives an error try swapping the green and white wires. If no devices show up (it should have detected atleast the usb hub) then we can discuss a fix or replacement over a PM. If it does detect both the usb hub and controller then all should be fine.

Can you take a photo of the other side of the board where the usb solder holes are?
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Jmags1700

Post by Jmags1700 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:53 pm

Helder wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:29 pm
When you plug it into a PC it should detect new hardware, if it gives an error try swapping the green and white wires. If no devices show up (it should have detected atleast the usb hub) then we can discuss a fix or replacement over a PM. If it does detect both the usb hub and controller then all should be fine.

Can you take a photo of the other side of the board where the usb solder holes are?
still nothing not even the USB hub is but I didn't get any error code or anything either
Attachments
IMG_0784.JPG
Here's the back
IMG_0784.JPG (2.03 MiB) Viewed 9306 times

drafterITA

Post by drafterITA » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:01 am

Helder wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:13 am
Controller Issues can be fixed with a reprogram or better membranes (usually original ones), the first USBasp you linked to looks fine but be sure it's jumper is set to 5v.

The sound having static is because of lack of shielding, you need to keep any power wires and data wires away from the amp and volume wheel wires. Try wrapping an extra wire around the Volume Wheel wires and PWM wires then solder each end of this wire to a GND, one on the Pi the other on the AIO to help clean the sound up.
reprogramming the board didn't improve the situation.. I got everything set up as the guide says, although I have only Windows 10.. even tho I used the Zadig method to install the driver I still get the "warning cannot set sck period" message, all the rest of the log looks fine..
Any other suggestion? the last resort is to order original membranes?
the ones I have look pretty good to me and I also cleaned everything again.. contacts and membranes..

Cheers! :D
drafterITA

onesojourner

Post by onesojourner » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:00 pm

drafterITA wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:01 am
Helder wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:13 am
Controller Issues can be fixed with a reprogram or better membranes (usually original ones), the first USBasp you linked to looks fine but be sure it's jumper is set to 5v.

The sound having static is because of lack of shielding, you need to keep any power wires and data wires away from the amp and volume wheel wires. Try wrapping an extra wire around the Volume Wheel wires and PWM wires then solder each end of this wire to a GND, one on the Pi the other on the AIO to help clean the sound up.
reprogramming the board didn't improve the situation.. I got everything set up as the guide says, although I have only Windows 10.. even tho I used the Zadig method to install the driver I still get the "warning cannot set sck period" message, all the rest of the log looks fine..
Any other suggestion? the last resort is to order original membranes?
the ones I have look pretty good to me and I also cleaned everything again.. contacts and membranes..

You should be able to use some other conductive material rather than order new membranes. Something like aluminum foil should work. You can at least test that way.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:30 pm

Windows 10 is something I don't have experience using to program the boards and therefore don't really know if it got programmed properly or not. If you have access to a Windows 7 pc to reprogram the board try that as that is what I use.

Do you have controls at all?
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Kinsu

Post by Kinsu » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:50 pm

does anyone know when this board will come back one sale. Also where can i find the board in this link http://www.sudomod.com/game-boy-zero-cu ... de-part-1/

drafterITA

Post by drafterITA » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:01 pm

Helder wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:30 pm
Windows 10 is something I don't have experience using to program the boards and therefore don't really know if it got programmed properly or not. If you have access to a Windows 7 pc to reprogram the board try that as that is what I use.

Do you have controls at all?
yes the 4 ways are okay, but the diagonal directions do not work at all, none of the 4 diagonal directions.
For the buttons sometimes the click is delayed or registered two times
drafterITA

drafterITA

Post by drafterITA » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:01 pm

kite wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:42 pm
RE: Diagonal not working:

I hit the same issue on mine, the issue is that the PLASTIC DPAD is not a very good clone.. if you cut two disks of paper and put it between the DPAD PLASTIC and the MEMBRANE it will fix it! The issue is that the 'nub' on the plastic DPAD is too tall.. so by putting something in between it makes the plastic closer to the membrane!

Alternatively try a different membrane + plastic DPAD.. but with some shims (paper) you can solve it (ideally use double sided tape to keep it in place on the DPAD)
Ah! I'll try that.. Thanks kite! :)
drafterITA

grenade44

Post by grenade44 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:51 pm

Helder, Im using one of your 1.4 boards and was wondering if i can root the audio from the port on the back of the osoyoo hdmi 3.5 screen throught your board to use your audio setup?