Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: All in One PCB Support Thread

Post by Helder » Fri May 26, 2017 9:42 pm

RobbsyB wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 3:24 pm
Helder wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 12:24 pm
When you removed the fuse did you bridge the pads the fuse was on? If not then no power will go to the board.
I did remove the fuse, but did not bridge the pads. But I measure 5V between 5V IN and GND In pad when connected to USB port.
Doesn't this demonstrate that the board receives power from the USB port?
The fuse protects the chips on the board if you remove it then the chips get no power, the powerstrip is not connected to the fuse so it's like a separate part. You need to bridge the pads where the fuse was to power the chips or there will never be nothing working on the board.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

silentjames

Post by silentjames » Sun May 28, 2017 12:19 pm

Hey Helder!
I have some questions about your latest board.
Firstly, I've found the diagram here on the forum. Is it correct? If yes, so my question is - do I really need to wire D+ and D- to charging micro USB port? As I remember, wermy hasn't used them in his guide.
And second question - do I understand correctly that the panel (where GND IN and 5V IN and eight outs) is here to replace powerstrip board? So I should use them instead of powerstrip?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sun May 28, 2017 4:58 pm

The board has built in powerstrip which is in the lower right hand part of the board so you don't need a powerstrip board. The charge port your talking about is that micro USB port? it's connected to the AIO so it can't charge your battery, you need to connect it to the powerboost, the volume wheel is actually upside down so the connections you have there are reversed. Everything else looks ok.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

silentjames

Post by silentjames » Mon May 29, 2017 11:59 am

Helder wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 4:58 pm
The charge port your talking about is that micro USB port? it's connected to the AIO so it can't charge your battery, you need to connect it to the powerboost
Yes, I was talking about the charging port. I've also checked the wermy's guide, and there he used USB pads to wire microUSИ charging port.
So I redrawn this diagram a little bit (using my great painting skills :D ) - could you check it, please? Is this diagram correct?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Mon May 29, 2017 12:04 pm

Looks good now.

silentjames

Post by silentjames » Mon May 29, 2017 3:00 pm

Hm, I found one big mistake (as I think) - I've connected microUSB for charging to USB pads, which must be used as power output! So here is the new version - hope, everything is finally correct!

RobbsyB

Post by RobbsyB » Tue May 30, 2017 1:26 am

Helder wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 9:42 pm
RobbsyB wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 3:24 pm
Helder wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 12:24 pm
When you removed the fuse did you bridge the pads the fuse was on? If not then no power will go to the board.
I did remove the fuse, but did not bridge the pads. But I measure 5V between 5V IN and GND In pad when connected to USB port.
Doesn't this demonstrate that the board receives power from the USB port?
The fuse protects the chips on the board if you remove it then the chips get no power, the powerstrip is not connected to the fuse so it's like a separate part. You need to bridge the pads where the fuse was to power the chips or there will never be nothing working on the board.
After bridging the fuse pads, the 5V and GND side do have a connection (checked with multimeter). I did not power the board because of this shortage.
Do you have any suggestions what components to check (and maybe remove) first? There must be at least one more blown part on the board that is causing this bypass.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue May 30, 2017 4:01 am

Can you show me a picture of the fuse bridge and a picture of the board. There must be a short somewhere, could be a bad part or a solder splash when you wired things to the board.

RobbsyB

Post by RobbsyB » Wed May 31, 2017 11:32 am

Helder wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 4:01 am
Can you show me a picture of the fuse bridge and a picture of the board. There must be a short somewhere, could be a bad part or a solder splash when you wired things to the board.
This is the board with fuse bridged (tested with multimeter):
IMG_20170531_192640.jpg
IMG_20170531_192640.jpg (2.2 MiB) Viewed 9731 times

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed May 31, 2017 12:54 pm

So if you check for continuity between the 5v In and GND In there's continuity?