[SOLD OUT] 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
smoothoperator

Re: [Pre-Orders for batch 3 OPEN] 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border

Post by smoothoperator » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:34 am

Did any of the glass from the first 2 batches fit this poorly? Any pictures of fit and finish from the first 2 batches anyone?

gilbertotron

Post by gilbertotron » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:58 am

I'd wait to hear from day before doing anything that rash - this could have been a genuine mistake. I mean he's made these before eh?
And people were happy enough with them?
So maybe the factory screwed up?

cobramike

Post by cobramike » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:44 am

gilbertotron wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:58 am
I'd wait to hear from day before doing anything that rash - this could have been a genuine mistake. I mean he's made these before eh?
And people were happy enough with them?
So maybe the factory screwed up?
Can be true. But stil he need to check them first befor sending this out to his customers. And it can be the fault from the factory. Stil its the sellers problem. And what i am reading theres aloud of problems with batch 3. And als i think he nows it because of the people here having this problem. Than i need to now. Why dit he send this out.

Dont get me wrong love the product. But for a peace of glass 30 Bucks. I expect some quality control from his part. Look @ Helder and Wermy to do quality control. But what the .... happened here.
Whooo Stop befor ask in a post. First use the search or the wiki befor you make a topic.. Just saying.........

pixelplus

Post by pixelplus » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:22 am

As a batch one owner of this Product I can confirm that the gap is huge on 3 of my cases but fits perfectly on two cases. There are just to big of a difference between cases. This makes it hard to make a protector that will fit them all. The platic ones I've got fits all cases but they can flex a little.

cobramike wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:44 am
Can be true. But stil he need to check them first befor sending this out to his customers. And it can be the fault from the factory. Stil its the sellers problem. And what i am reading theres aloud of problems with batch 3. And als i think he nows it because of the people here having this problem. Than i need to now. Why dit he send this out.

Dont get me wrong love the product. But for a peace of glass 30 Bucks. I expect some quality control from his part. Look @ Helder and Wermy to do quality control. But what the .... happened here.

gilbertotron

Post by gilbertotron » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:32 am

Do you perhaps remember where you got your case's that it fit? That may solve a lot of people's problems if they just chill out and get a different case.
I think that perhaps people are jumping the gun a little here getting refunds.

cobramike

Post by cobramike » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:41 am

I understand that part. But why now. Whit the 2 batch i had no problem. And i am using this in the original case. So why now and not with the second batch.

pixelplus wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:22 am
As a batch one owner of this Product I can confirm that the gap is huge on 3 of my cases but fits perfectly on two cases. There are just to big of a difference between cases. This makes it hard to make a protector that will fit them all. The platic ones I've got fits all cases but they can flex a little.

cobramike wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:44 am

Whooo Stop befor ask in a post. First use the search or the wiki befor you make a topic.. Just saying.........

Glyph

Post by Glyph » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:02 am

As a batch one owner of this Product I can confirm that the gap is huge on 3 of my cases but fits perfectly on two cases
Are those two good cases original DMG ones ? I am expecting the Originals to be all the same from the first till the end of Nintendo's production, for screen fitting purpose mainly.
I am thinking of asking a Paypal refund aswell, but still waiting Day's statement..
Thanks

day

Post by day » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:12 am

Hi all,

Thank you for your messages and feedback. I am truly sorry to read that you are disappointed.
I spent a lot of time and energy on that and I thought that the result would satisfy you.

Honestly, the measurements between all batches are the same with a VERY VERY tight margin error (0.01mm). These Gorilla Glass are processed by a professional manufacturing plant where usual produced quantity is in thousands of thousands, they are tested again and again and I can assure you they are all the same size as first batches. I managed to have them produce a small batch for me (a few hundred, for transparency) as a "testing batch", and this was supposed to be the last time as they asked me for a very large minimum order quantity starting now, since its a lot of work to start and configure their machinery just for a few hundred of gorilla glass.
Also, I am quite sure you can feel the quality of the glass and see that it is not a home made thingy. I never received any comments or complaints on that side. I can assure you and promise you the Gorilla Glass are well manufactured.

Despite that, I double checked as well on my side upon receipt, and tested a sample batch with different cases and it is like I said and presented it. It fits and looks amazing. As first batches went well, I also had a previous experience to reassure me that it was a good to go. So I didn't hesitate more and shipped them out to you.
I don't feel I cheated on you, and if you feel so, I want to apologize. I don't feel that I lied neither, and if you feel so, I also want to apologize. I wanted to be transparent from the beginning on the very very few emails I got on first batches regarding the gap. I mentionned it in the post where I presented the batch 3 and when reading the forum you can openely read the feedback from the people and see pictures with the glass.

Nevertheless, as we already discussed many times here, and in other posts, every case is different and have slight differences in sizes, even from original DMG and I couldn't check them all obviously. As this is gorilla glass, I cannot take a bet on producing slightly bigger glass that can still fit the cases as gorilla glass doesnt bend...

I am please asking you to not get too mad at me here. I tried to make this as smooth, efficient, and professionnal as possible (for transparency, it is not my job, I work in healthcare). I can say that I am learning from your feedback and want to find a solution with you.
Asking for refund would honestly kill me. I didn't sell the Gorilla Glass with a margin allowing me to cover that and it would put me out. I even didnt make a profit on that (consider tax, shipping from manufactury to me, then from me to you, enveloppes, fixed price for molds for new colors, paint costs, customs fees etc etc) but this is certainly not the point I think, since I wanted to make something that everyone wanted, and be part of the community.
I honestly want to find a solution with you and I hope we can find one together.

Can you try centering the gorilla glass and see if the gap is less present ? if you have a black version, maybe coloring the part of case where the glass will be glued so that it appears less ? Maybe also try with same cases than people with whom it fits ?

Again, I am really sorry and sad to read these feedbacks, I am begging you to work something out together, I truly think I delivered nice quality gorilla glass and took the challenge on working this out to contribute to the community.

Best,

day

PS : please, if at any time you feel any of my sentence was too harsh, or could be badly interpreted, please consider it is a virtual text and might not retransmit my feelings correctly, I am deeply sorry to read that some of you are unhappy.

AustenFM

Post by AustenFM » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:31 am

I bought my glass knowing 100% there would be size discrepancies because apparently unlike a lot of other buyers I read through the thread and saw mentioned multiple times that there is a gap, going back all the way to batch one. I have waited to cut my screen to ensure I can center days glass without trouble leaving an even gap all around, and plan to use a tinted silicone to fill that gap seamlessly. With a little creative thinking this shouldn't be an issue.

Please don't fault day for you not doing your research, he has been completely transparent throughout and mentioned this issue previously. People not taking the time to read previous posts is a big problem here, and this is what happens as a result. It's still a fine item, and as I said before with a little ingenuity you can make it work.

cobramike

Post by cobramike » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:59 am

As what paypal says. Its mis leading. So what you are telling austin. When you by a car you buy it by that information because you want to have a v8. But then you recieve it and its a v6. You go back to the dealer and he is saying ya here is the info from the maker and there is saying somtimes it wil be a v6.

Stil when you sell somthing here you need to profide all the info. And dont let your seller so oer 3 posts because the info is there.

And under paypal protaction you need to give al the info on the sell page. Thats why i love paypal.

Sorry for my lack of englesh i am dutch.