Blank Tin Labels

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
VeteranGamer

Re: Blank Tin Labels

Post by VeteranGamer » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:02 pm

clonemypi wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:35 pm
Are you going to have a run of stickers? Or do we do that on our own with your file? Thanks!
these designs are there for anyone to use, and were intended to hopefully start other chiming in with their designs a bit similar to the gameboy cart labels (it seems with the minty pi most people will like to have everything done for them or more than likely their using actual altoids tins)...

i only have an inkjet printer, and really dont want to go down the supplying route (mainly because i dont have the equipment for professional labels) ...

i'm still trying out different application methods, vinyl gloss stickers, vinyl matt and water slide decal paper (as i may clear coat it for durabilty)

one thing i would suggest (this is what i'm going to be doing) make any stickering or customising the last thing of the build, as i havent got around to making the the tin mods for the usb, on/off and tactile buttons which may not go according to plan at the first attempt (meaning starting over with a new tin)

anyone feel free to use the designs, a right click and save image should be good

Mikethesith200

Post by Mikethesith200 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:30 am

Awesome dude! Any chance you can make this one with MintyPi instead of Retropie?

VeteranGamer wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:14 am
slightly updated....

and ready for printing....

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:49 pm

not really doing request (sorry),

these were just to spark something in the community to get other designs going (which sadly havent materialised :( )

i personally dont think the minty pi logo fits this design (but does deserve something of its own)

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:20 pm

VeteranGamer wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:49 pm

these were just to spark something in the community to get other designs going (which sadly havent materialised :( )

i personally dont think the minty pi logo fits this design (but does deserve something of its own)

Maybe perhaps a photoshop psd file template will spark some interest and ease to the design process. ;)

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:53 pm

HoolyHoo wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:20 pm
VeteranGamer wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:49 pm

Maybe perhaps a photoshop psd file template will spark some interest and ease to the design process. ;)

we'll see if it does, hopefully with the sale of the kits started it just might .....

the size will need to be adjusted when printing (do a test print, until your happy... i reduced it by 50%)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2BZT9 ... sp=sharing

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:32 pm

Just for fun. :D
MintyPi.png
MintyPi.png (413.12 KiB) Viewed 10664 times

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:23 pm

HoolyHoo wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:32 pm
Just for fun. :D

MintyPi.png
Great Stuff...

That's more like it...

djbriane

Post by djbriane » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:38 am

I wanted to do a splashscreen with this same look - here is my take on the tin design:
mintypi-splash-peppermint-v2_sm.png
mintypi-splash-peppermint-v2_sm.png (496.85 KiB) Viewed 10560 times
Splash screen (haven't tested this on an actual screen yet - might need to be simplified):
mintypi-splash@2x.png
mintypi-splash@2x.png (391.59 KiB) Viewed 10560 times

Adim01

Post by Adim01 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:31 pm

This thread looks really interesting, is just made an account to reply to yours. :D
So I am really into Photoshop and stuff and would like to hear some ideas of people who don't have the possibilitys to to stuff like that. ;)
I won't be shipping or selling anything because I don't have the equipment but in two weeks I will be back home and will start on making some templates of my own and sharing them here :D

Adim

Wailer

Post by Wailer » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:54 pm

I know i know, it's an ooooold thread....

But stumbled in here just recent, and just had to add something.

Made this one from the ground up, but used Veterangamer's template as a reference (thanks Veteran).
The Altoids fonts are handmade (no other fonts where harmed in the proces ;) ), i have tried to resemble the same look and feel as the original font and imho it worked out quite well.
I gave the rest of the text my own twist...
Did no embossing on this one so when printed this one is more "flat" than the one veteran made, maybe try this later.
mintyPiTinNorm.png
Normal font
mintyPiTinNorm.png (257.9 KiB) Viewed 9014 times
mintyPiTinBold.png
Bold
mintyPiTinBold.png (260.19 KiB) Viewed 9014 times
I still have no original Altoids tin, so i hope i got the dimensions right.
The original file is created in CorelDraw, so it's quite easy to correct.

As Veteran stated so it is for me, please no request for redesigns but just to spark creativity (but you can try to drop ideas, you never know).