How To Install Kodi In Retropie

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
RSPP

How To Install Kodi In Retropie

Post by RSPP » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:08 pm

( So I changed this comment because the other one I made just made a big fuss, so I tried to delete it but I couldn't, so then I changed it with something I personally like doing with my pc or raspberry pi, install Kodi )

How to install Kodi

So first you need to go to the Retropie Setup screen. Then select the optional packages. Find Kodi and select it. The installation process is about 10 minutes, so sit back and wait or make yourself a snack. When the ( Painful ) 10 minutes passed, you will see Kodi at the Ports option. The lastest module possible is Kodi 16.1 Jarvis.

If the joysticks don't work in Kodi, make an XML file from your PC to this direction in the raspberry pi.

/home/pi/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/joystick.xml

Name it joystick.xml and put this script

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
<global>
<joystick name="USB gamepad ">
<button id="3">Select</button>
<button id="2">Back</button>
<axis id="1" limit="+1">Right</axis>
<axis id="1" limit="-1">Left</axis>
<axis id="2" limit="-1">Up</axis>
<axis id="2" limit="+1">Down</axis>
</joystick>
</global>
</keymap>

Now you can watch live tv, and watch movies, to do that there are many YouTube videos on Kodi setups

Good Luck!!!!!! :)
Last edited by RSPP on Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:56 am, edited 11 times in total.

VeteranGamer

Re: 3D Printed Files

Post by VeteranGamer » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:26 pm

RSPP wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:08 pm
There is a page called market.sudomod.com to preorder the 3d parts. But the price is TOO HIGH. It is enough to buy a Roku Express :shock: . So can you put the 3D files in the forum? Because there are other online 3D printing websites such as Sculpteo, or to print it on your own 3D printer. Thanks ! :D
welcome to the community....

if your after the 3d files, check back in a couple of months, if you cant wait that long the best option is to support the creator and buy from sudomod.com....

or you could come up with a set of your own and share it...., it will be a great start to you joining the community

RSPP

Post by RSPP » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:52 pm

Thank you! I'm going to try 3d printing the files and sharing them. But if I can't, i'll just pre-order them :D ( Its because I am getting the Raspberry pi Zero this or next month, and mintyPi is an insane and very creative project.

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:31 pm

Keep in mind that it took wermy several hours / days of creating, building, and testing those designs. I'm sure a part of the reason why those prints are so expensive is to compensate himself for research and development.

Allow him some time to make a little cash and I'm sure he will release the files to the public. You gotta allow the guy to benefit from his hard work a little bit.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:32 am

RSPP wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:08 pm
There is a page called market.sudomod.com to preorder the 3d parts. But the price is TOO HIGH. It is enough to buy a Roku Express :shock: . So can you put the 3D files in the forum? Because there are other online 3D printing websites such as Sculpteo, or to print it on your own 3D printer. Thanks ! :D
Do you know how many times people have used this excuse to try to get our project files? If it's too expensive then maybe this project isn't for you and you can make your own parts and invest the time and monetary resources we have and then put it out there for free so others benefit monetarily while you won't. Sound like a deal?

If this little rant has offended you then such comments as yours has also offended us the creators.

Welcome to the community.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Lphillimore

Post by Lphillimore » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:54 am

Unfortunately you've posted during a sensitive time in the forums however if you do your reading you'll see why these files are not yet in the public domain.

While 3D printing is relatively new...the principle of what you're asking is not.

Just because you own a pen it doesn't make you an author.

You will also see from recent posts that Wermy has said he plans to release these files down the line so if you're patient you can print your own in time.

This leaves you with 2 choices:

1) Support the creator + the community and invest in them through the Market

2) Wait a few months, or however long before these files are released and go from there :)

Herb

Post by Herb » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:42 pm

Personally I do not understand the new approach because with the gbz we were more in the sharing but I prefer to pay a right to use, than to pay the whole with expensive shipping costs, example: mintypi 3D prints files with postage (Europe)is equal to 38-40 €, Price I have a kilo of pla or 3 pizero.

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:55 pm

Herb wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:42 pm
Personally I do not understand the new approach because with the gbz we were more in the sharing but I prefer to pay a right to use, than to pay the whole with expensive shipping costs, example: mintypi 3D prints files with postage (Europe)is equal to 38-40 €, Price I have a kilo of pla or 3 pizero.
This explains the rationale: http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3095

Herb

Post by Herb » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:09 pm

dryja123 wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:55 pm
Herb wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:42 pm
This explains the rationale: http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3095
Ok, I had not read the subject, I understand better, considering what wermy tells

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:20 pm

Hey guys,
Yeah, this definitely wasn't what I intended initially. As others have pointed out though, it isn't permanent and there are reasons for it (good ones, I think). They will get released though, just stinks that the people inconvenienced (besides people trying to set up businesses in Mexico... *cough* Denzel *cough*) are other makers with 3d printers themselves. I don't know how to avoid that, honestly. It's kind of like how DRM only really affects legitimate users, since the pirates just download the content without the DRM. :|
ImageImageImageImage