[SOLD OUT] 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
JustPlainBill

Re: [Pre-Orders for batch 3 OPEN] 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border

Post by JustPlainBill » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:35 pm

Chrisagu28 wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:41 pm

Well just got my screen protector today and I can see the gap but honestly it's not as bad as people initially made it out to be. Sure it would be nice if it flush but even in my original and aftermarket cases the gap is minimal. I included pics so people can see it. Tried to center it as best as possible.

Thanks for all the hard work and effort day. I am please to say I own one of these guys. Just gotta figure out how I wanna adhere it to the case.
@Chrisagu28 Looks great, can you tell us where you got your case? My glass came in today as well and I'm just waiting for my case to come in.

Chrisagu28

Post by Chrisagu28 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:56 pm

Yeah it's no problem. I ordered mine from a eBay. I will post the link in case anybody is interested in getting the same one. When the glass is centered, there is barely a gap around the glass. I am happy with it! Any advice on sticking it on? Double sided tape or epoxy?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371723349935

atamagaokashii

Post by atamagaokashii » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:04 am

devsfan1830 wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:43 pm
atamagaokashii wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:05 am
Just got mine (Ca, USA) and it looks awesome! Just need Dex's battery and I an start my gbz! Thanks Day!
Same here. Hope to god Dex can sort that shipping nightmare out. Seems like no carrier wants to deal with potentially (but highly unlikely) explosive batteries. I'm also still waiting on Kites AIO board. Once that happens I'm off to the races on my GBZ.
We'll see who starts first lol. I've got a kita aio from the first preorder so we may end up even on finishing. Balancing 3 children and wifey and work and having free time to do this is proving difficult lol :)

PetersNL

Post by PetersNL » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:24 am

How are you guys planning on sticking the screen to the Gameboy shell?

day

Post by day » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:40 am

hello everyone !

I ... honestly I don't know what to say more than I am so grateful to be surrounded by such amazing people ! I am so happy to be part of this community and to share this passion with you.
You put me out of words to be true, I thank you all for your support !

I am also so happy to read that you are satisfied with your gorilla glasses and that you understood my situation.
I need to read again all your posts and be sure to answer pending questions, but I wanted to take a first moment to thank you all for what you said.

Again, I want to thank you for all your words and support, you are all amazing, and it is so warming and motivating. This is exactly what first pushed me to try to contribute to the community to deliver a product which would help build our GBZs !!

Best,

day

edit :

Quickly, for those of you asking for the next batch, unfortunately, this is not planned at the moment due to very high new MOQ required. I will try to see what can be done but chances are limited. A possible next batch could concern the mintyPi which would be a lot easier to produce (simple rectangle, with precise dimensions common for all, according to the 3dprinted 'cover'), I need to check if that would be of interest etc.

smoothoperator

Post by smoothoperator » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:58 am

Chrisagu28 wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:56 pm
Yeah it's no problem. I ordered mine from a eBay. I will post the link in case anybody is interested in getting the same one. When the glass is centered, there is barely a gap around the glass. I am happy with it! Any advice on sticking it on? Double sided tape or epoxy?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371723349935
This is what I used. Works great and if I ever want to remove the glass for any reason, I can.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adhesive-Tape-3 ... rkt%3D1%26

atamagaokashii

Post by atamagaokashii » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:01 pm

Let me tell you @day My screen appears to be a perfect fit according to my measurements. I haven't done the cuts or taken it out of the plastic wrap so maybe the wrap is acting as a buffer or something but it appears to be a 10/10 on fit! Thanks for all your hard work!

Brag0n

Post by Brag0n » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:40 am

What case are you using and where did you buy it (if 3rd party)

Chrisagu28

Post by Chrisagu28 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:42 am

atamagaokashii wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:01 pm
Let me tell you @day My screen appears to be a perfect fit according to my measurements. I haven't done the cuts or taken it out of the plastic wrap so maybe the wrap is acting as a buffer or something but it appears to be a 10/10 on fit! Thanks for all your hard work!
Yes Please send us a link. I know my case will work and it has a tiny gap but if there is a case out there with a perfect fit, might just spring for it and go that route.

atamagaokashii

Post by atamagaokashii » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:24 am

I used og dmgs. 1 for parts/backup and the other for final use.
Like I said, I haven't fit it down yet or taken it out of the plastic wrap so the wrap may be acting as a filler...