New members, introduce yourself!

Talk about anything and everything... Just be nice.
Holydohnut

Re: New members, introduce yourself!

Post by Holydohnut » Wed May 10, 2017 3:33 pm

Hi all! My name's Rik and I've found this site after watching all of wermy's vids on YouTube. I've always loved electronics, but haven't every really had the time to get immersed in it. My one and only big project was about 6 years ago, when I attempted to build an Atari 2600 portable using the guides on Ben Heck's forum. Being in the UK this was difficult as the inside of a UK 2600 is nothing like the US one! But I persevered and got it all working. But after I got it working, I never got round to making a case for it. And it went in a shoebox where it lies to this day!

I'm shocked to see how far the modding community has come since then! Recharge circuits, custom pcb's, the raspberry pi zero! Really looking forward to making something worthwhile!

Cheers!

Rik,

Corell

Post by Corell » Fri May 26, 2017 12:37 am

Hey guys!

My name is Oliver, been reading in this forum for months now. Finally purchased kites awesome SAIO board and started building yesterday. Guess what, ran into a problem, registered and hope someone in the support thread can help :D
Oh, and I built my own Arcade Cabinet couple of years ago.

JohnTheKing

Post by JohnTheKing » Mon May 29, 2017 3:16 pm

Hello!
I'm John. I have been sneaking around on here a little bit for the last few months. Really like what this is all about. Got started on my build two weeks ago but tend to run out of time pretty quick. Working two jobs can do that sometimes.
Glad to be apart of the forum and I am looking forward to having some fun with all kinds of projects.

Elmafioso90

Post by Elmafioso90 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:49 am

Hello, my real name is Álvaro and I am from Spain.

I joined this community recently but I have been reading the forums and following the GBZ project since Wermy's uploaded the first tutorials on YouTube.

At first this looked like an impossible project to do by myself. I am not a tech savvy and my Majors are specifically in Business, Management, Economics and languages, this last one as a hobby, so as you can see I know little to nothing about soldering, electronics in general, Raspberries, etc.

However, thanks to this awesome community and people like Wermy, Helder or Kite, and other helpful people this have been greatly simplified and with some training I think it can be accomplished by almost everyone with time and patience.

Been collecting parts to build my first GBZ and waiting for Kite's new batch to finally start working on this during summer. I'm glad I found such an cool community, respectful and helpful, hence I expect to be around learning new things and helping others to give back all that it is been offered here for free.

Greeting from Spain :D

OrecBerserk

Post by OrecBerserk » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:14 pm

Hello sudomod forum,

My name is Jenta and I have been a long time lurker. I am a Mechanical Engineering student and I will graduate this fall with a BSME. I have had a decade of experience soldering and a little bit longer than that in tinkering.

Back in 2014 I attempted to make a RetroPie Portable with a Raspberry Pi 1 A. I frakencasted the extra buttons in and made a complete mess of the board during the stripping it. Some how I managed to get it working, the screen burned out 4 weeks later. After surfing the web and finding Wermy's first guide set in late 2016 I was spurred to make a GameBoy Zero to great success, the only problem with it was you could connect only one extra USB after the teensy.

My next project is a GameBoy Pi 3 with a single analog stick and four shoulder buttons. Hopefully I will keep track of the build log so I can share it with this community.

Regards,

Jenta

LifeHacker

Post by LifeHacker » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:41 pm

Hi, I'm Will.
I started learning about circuits and stuff literally 2 weeks ago, and got super invested in my raspberry pi. Then I saw Wermy's GBZ and had my mind blown.
I have yet to solder once in my life, and I am mainly just a kid in middle school that likes technology. It's so cool to see so many people here that are so invested in electronics!

Antonio94

Post by Antonio94 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:38 am

Hi everyone! I'm Antonio and I've been learning about console appearance modding for few weeks (still learning though, I haven't done anything to my PS4 XD). And so I was thinking it will be better to be more active in learning about this electronic and modding matter. I hope to learn and share experience with you guys.
Thanks!

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:38 pm

Hello everyone, greetings from France !

First of all, thanks to everyone who is contributing to this great forum !

I came here with no luck but good luck as i was looking for other raspberry related stuffs.

I was about to start the build of an arcade cabinet but i was lacking money for all the features i wanted to implement and i found sudomod :shock:

So i felt to start a smaller project in order to wait until i can build a bigger one.

I am a retro enthousiast as i was almost born with video games... my first one was Game Watch Donkey Kong dual screen :D

I'm forty and happy to be among you.

Thanks again for everyone's great job !

Yalcin.
Follow me on instagram Image

bouke

Post by bouke » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:07 am

Hi Guys,

When I saw the video from Wermy in my recommendations list on Youtube I was hooked! Shortly after seeing the video and some others I stumbled upon this forum, which has been great so far!

From my education I have a background in working with both software and hardware but have been focussed more on the software side for the last few years. I was looking for a project where I could work with Raspberry Pi / Arduino again and therefore building a Game Boy Zero is a great project.

I know there are a lot of great all-in-one boards available but since I actually want to work with electronics again (and I don't really mind the project taking a bit longer) I am planning on building as much myself as I can and would love to share things I discover along the way.

It is always great to stumble across such active forums, thanks!

Bouke
Currently figuring out how to build my first Game Boy Zero. 8-)

tinkerBOY

Post by tinkerBOY » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:05 am

Hi, I'm Gio from the Philippines. I joined this forum about a month ago after watching wermy's youtube videos which got me really excited.

I have no formal education in electronics but always have a passion for tinkering with stuff. One of my first electronic projects was an Apple 1 clone in which i learned so much. I also did some console modding like the famicom av mod, dreamcast ide/bios mod, gamecube sdcard mod, etc.

I remember playing with a Game Boy when i was a kid and have always love it though never owned one, coz it was too expensive and couldn't afford it, until now that I'm a grownup. 😁 I still prefer my Game Boy over my GBA. So when I learned about Game Boy Zero it got me so excited and wanted really bad to build one for myself. And I did. 😎

Thanks to wermy!
New! tinkerBOY PowerSwitch v1.0 with Safe Shutdown
Game Boy Zero Controllers available @ tinkerBOY.xyz * Support
tinkerBOY Controller v3.0 - built-in usb controller, usb audio, and usb hub
tinkerBOY Controller v2.0 - GPIO buttons and builtin PWM Audio and Amplifier
tinkerBOY Controller v1.1 - simple pcb button
* DPI Adapter - better display for GBZ
* keyboard converters - IBM XT/AT Soarer's Converter | ADB to USB Converter