[last--Pre-Order] Pre Stripped Raspberry 3 Model B

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
ICMF

Re: [Pre-Order] Pre Stripped Raspberry 3 Model B

Post by ICMF » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:40 pm

Pretty sure the minimum order for custom Pi boards is 3000 units. I'm guessing that's going to take a while if he's just relying on Sudomod. ;)

Given the numbers involved and the somewhat odd configuration (no power, no HDMI, but a camera port) I'd say they're almost certainly left-over boards from someone else's custom order. The Google form would be an easy way to post/collect orders on a bunch of different websites - I wouldn't be surprised if they were advertising on other Pi-related sites where stripped boards would be useful.

So, pre-order through the Google page; the numbers will be added up and sent to the factory/supplier once the pre-order closes (today); then you'll be contacted sometime between now and 02/05 for payment, then the boards will ship. I would assume, anyway

-----

re: the connectors... my original thought is that it would kind of suck to have to add your own HDMI, but it also means you'd be able to solder an FPC connector straight to the board, saving space on an HDMI plug.

I also find myself thinking, how awesome would it be if the RPi foundation started selling bare board 'kits' for more advanced users - totally bare-bones board, plus a bag with all the connectors. Want HDMI? Solder it on. Don't want Ethernet? Leave it off. It *should* be cheap and easy for them to do - not really a major change to the production line, just leave a bunch of components off - and it seems like there are several user groups who would love the thinner form factor and saving the hassle of desoldering a bunch of components. Although I guess it may be a toss-up between the hassle of desoldering GPIO pins and the pain of soldering the display connector (or whatever).

tohome87

Post by tohome87 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:02 am

dug1967 wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:13 am
Tohome87,

I am curious how this is going to work. I entered my info in the Google form from the link in your original post and was curious what the next step was?

Also, I mean this with all due respect, I am not trying to imply any dishonesty on you part, but I am trying to be cautious. All of your posts on this forum are limited to this sale of Raspeberry Pi 3's so there is no history of you here otherwise.

I have purchased over 200 US$ worth of items from members on this forum and it has been great so far, but those members where active in the forums way beyond selling of items.

I want to make sure this sale is legit and that money sent will result in receiving the stated product.

Again, I do not want to insult you and hope you do not feel that I am. I definitely look forward to purchase this item from you, it is an awesome price. Thanks for your time and effort in doing this.
Hi,I have to see how many people pro-order this item and talk to factory, so far only 8 orders, I will try to talk the factory.When they promised to provide me with the goods, I will send you an email with an invoice.

dug1967

Post by dug1967 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:03 am

tohome87 wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:02 am

Hi,I have to see how many people pro-order this item and talk to factory, so far only 8 orders, I will try to talk the factory.When they promised to provide me with the goods, I will send you an email with an invoice.
Sounds good, I hope you can arrange for it with only 8 orders. Keep us updated.

tohome87

Post by tohome87 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:12 pm

dug1967 wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:03 am
tohome87 wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:02 am

Sounds good, I hope you can arrange for it with only 8 orders. Keep us updated.
OK

tohome87

Post by tohome87 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:40 pm

update

Mikethesith200

Post by Mikethesith200 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:03 pm

Still available?

dug1967

Post by dug1967 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:06 am

I forgot about this proposed supply chain opportunity. I was very interested in it, but it didn't smell right to me and ended up getting a desoldered Pi3 from elsewhere a few months.

I did get an invoice about 5 or 6 weeks ago but again didn't need it anymore so didn't jump in on the order.

According to the update in post 1, the date to have the Pi3's shipped was over two weeks ago.... Did anybody pay for and receive on yet? Just curious.

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:03 am

I'm interested but wouldn't buy until I hear from other community members that had a positive buying experience and have the product on hand. The seller logged in this past Friday so he / she is still active with the community. I'm a little concerned with the lack of updates and transparency.

I'm thinking about picking up some chip quik and giving desolodering a spare Pi 3 a go.

cobramike

Post by cobramike » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:00 am

dryja123 wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:03 am
I'm interested but wouldn't buy until I hear from other community members that had a positive buying experience and have the product on hand. The seller logged in this past Friday so he / she is still active with the community. I'm a little concerned with the lack of updates and transparency.

I'm thinking about picking up some chip quik and giving desolodering a spare Pi 3 a go.
He is trust words, I have couple of products from him. And i now he is not talking that much here on the forum. But in my case i received my products. Even one he forgot something to send to me. And he sent it. So ++ for this user.
Whooo Stop befor ask in a post. First use the search or the wiki befor you make a topic.. Just saying.........

Barbosik

Post by Barbosik » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:03 am

Hey,

My Raspberry Pi arived yesterday. Looking good.