[Pre-Order] 2017 HD ISP Mon Pocket Mini arcade Pi+BOY

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
jermzz

Re: [Pre-Order] 2017 HD ISP Mon Pocket Mini arcade Pi+BOY

Post by jermzz » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:47 am

Viriiguy wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:37 pm
I got my model B today. The A button only works part of the time and the Audio board doesn’t work at all.
Do you have a battery installed?

ViaCard

Post by ViaCard » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:04 am

nselimis wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:53 am
Can anyone help me figure out how to get the ribbon cable for the display to stay connected?? either i'm a idiot or both of the ones i received are defective. I can insert the ribbon but the brown flap on the connector doesn't seem to hold it in place.

Also for those that are building there is a better updated install guide here (with links to printable parts to make cutting easy) https://www.dropbox.com/s/hldjtmignz73h ... 1.pdf?dl=0
Here you can order the Lan & Hole Guide:

Here the direct Link:

http://www.ebay.ch/itm/Gameboy-Zero-DMG ... 2749.l2649

Shadow_Guyver

Post by Shadow_Guyver » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:41 pm

So I just got my B Model Kit in. I seem to have got everything working except for the sound. When I plug in my headphones, the sound works when I activate the 3.5 mm jack on Retropie, but I can't seem to get it working with the attached speakers.

Also, for the buttons, am I supposed to use the attached glue stick to affix the buttons onto the board? Thanks in advance for your help!

ViaCard

Post by ViaCard » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:50 am

Shadow_Guyver wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:41 pm
So I just got my B Model Kit in. I seem to have got everything working except for the sound. When I plug in my headphones, the sound works when I activate the 3.5 mm jack on Retropie, but I can't seem to get it working with the attached speakers.

Also, for the buttons, am I supposed to use the attached glue stick to affix the buttons onto the board? Thanks in advance for your help!
for the glue on the buttons, just slice 4 pieces of the glue stick and press them into the holes of the 4 colored big buttons to fill them up. dont glue them with hot glue on the buttons/pcb.

look at the Model A building guide, do the same with your Model B buttons:

and for the sound, be sure to stick the jack connector into the Pi and not in the jack of the display and then change sound output in the retropie config menu.

Lpoolm

Post by Lpoolm » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:12 pm

@ViaCard you seem to have a little knowledge on these annoying consoles!
Any tips on my joystick, it works up and down but not left and right? I tried resoldering, any idea where I could buy another joystick for one to try incase it's faulty?
Check out my modding and repair channel of retro and modern consoles:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFz7yW ... GtQ/videos

ViaCard

Post by ViaCard » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:33 am

Lpoolm wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:12 pm
Any tips on my joystick, it works up and down but not left and right? I tried resoldering, any idea where I could buy another joystick for one to try incase it's faulty?
Thats really a annoying console! :lol: The only thing I like from the Model B is the Display, thats the only think thats really good. The "Stereo"-Loudspeakers are soooo crappy quality :oops:

My Joystick works good in Games. Try to re-map the Joystick in the emulators you need it.

I think for best results you must install Recalbox in Model B.

I also used the Joystick as D-Pad (in retropie), but sometimes when I press it to the right to choose the emulators from the menu, it starts Games I dont want :roll:

Tonight I will look at my Model A Joystick (i haven't build it yet) so i can check it, maybe is a psp joystick?

Lpoolm

Post by Lpoolm » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:34 am

ViaCard wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:33 am
Lpoolm wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:12 pm
Thats really a annoying console! :lol: The only thing I like from the Model B is the Display, thats the only think thats really good. The "Stereo"-Loudspeakers are soooo crappy quality :oops:

My Joystick works good in Games. Try to re-map the Joystick in the emulators you need it.

I think for best results you must install Recalbox in Model B.

I also used the Joystick as D-Pad (in retropie), but sometimes when I press it to the right to choose the emulators from the menu, it starts Games I dont want :roll:

Tonight I will look at my Model A Joystick (i haven't build it yet) so i can check it, maybe is a psp joystick?
thanks for your reply, i have sorted the sound, my speaker was faulty? now just the joystick.
i start games and still L/R do not work so i am thinking thats at fault, i was hoping it was a psp joystick but not, i have had a big google search and still cant find one that looks similar?
i also agree the screen is really good, thats whats keeping me going with his build!
Check out my modding and repair channel of retro and modern consoles:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFz7yW ... GtQ/videos

Zim3532

Post by Zim3532 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:28 pm

Am I still able too order the Model B.2017 HD ?

If so how much is shipping to the UK and how long would delivery take.

Dionis

Post by Dionis » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:23 pm

Hi my hdmi 3.5 screen ribbon came ripped.what can I do?
This is for 2017 hd 1up gb pi model b.
And can anyone could provide me a ebay link to decent screen that will work with this model..
Thank you

jermzz

Post by jermzz » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:24 pm

Dionis wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:23 pm
Hi my hdmi 3.5 screen ribbon came ripped.what can I do?
This is for 2017 hd 1up gb pi model b.
And can anyone could provide me a ebay link to decent screen that will work with this model..
Thank you
https://www.amazon.com/OSOYOO-Monitor-D ... _1_fkmr0_1