Site updates and sudomod swag!

Site/Forum announcements
wermy
Site Admin

Site updates and sudomod swag!

Post by wermy » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:23 pm

Hey guys,
You may have noticed a minor facelift to the forums and blog. A designer friend of mine (@weatherfordcj16 on instagram - definitely hit him up if you're needing any logo/design work, he's great) did up a new logo for us and suggested a few other tweaks that clean things up nicely. I'll be tweaking a few more things and similarly updating the market and wiki pages in the coming days, so don't be surprised if you see things move around a bit.

Some links like "Unread posts" in the forum header have moved to a menu dropdown button on the right side,
similar to how it behaves in mobile/condensed format.

You may need to do a hard refresh on your browser to get the new assets to load properly.
If you're using Chrome you can do that with ctrl/cmd + shift + R. The header should look like this now:
header.png
header.png (49.82 KiB) Viewed 12404 times
Also, I've had lots of people ask over the past year and a half or so that the site has been up if I could get tee shirts made. With the vastly-improved logo we have now it seemed like a good time to finally do that, so if you head over to https://www.teepublic.com/user/wermy you can get a shirt or sticker (or a few other things), if you like. That site is an on-demand printing service, and I don't control the prices or anything - but I do get a couple bucks for each shirt sold, so if you want a shirt you can also help support the site at the same time. :)
ImageImageImageImage

abrugsch

Re: Site updates and sudomod swag!

Post by abrugsch » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:38 am

I must admit I was a little confused why i couldn't find the "new posts" link in its usual place!
great news on the t-shirts, with any luck they have on-demand locations in different countries so i don't get stung for expensive shipping AND import charges ;) (I'm looking at you Threadless ;) )

edit: wow! don't add a sticker to an international order... double shipping!
otherwise, Party on Garth

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:16 am

abrugsch wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:38 am
I must admit I was a little confused why i couldn't find the "new posts" link in its usual place!
great news on the t-shirts, with any luck they have on-demand locations in different countries so i don't get stung for expensive shipping AND import charges ;) (I'm looking at you Threadless ;) )

edit: wow! don't add a sticker to an international order... double shipping!
otherwise, Party on Garth
Ah dang, didn’t realize their international shipping would be ridiculous. I can try and find another service across the pond to upload the designs to as well if you like (or if you know of any please let me know!).
ImageImageImageImage

abrugsch

Post by abrugsch » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:16 am

no it's fine. just if you add 1 sticker, it sources it with 2 shipments and 6.99 becomes $14! just for adding 1 sticker ;)

Thechea

Post by Thechea » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:35 am

I sell shirts on Teepublic too, and they have very regular sales. Of course, this means Wermy gets less money per shirt, but if you feel like their price-tag is a little too high, wait for a sale. They tend to have them every month. Their shirt quality is really high though. I really do wish they gave creators more $/shirt sold. If you want to support the site even more, the more expensive the item, the more $ Wermy gets. That's it, nice shirts! They look cool :)

MrDralixx

Post by MrDralixx » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:18 pm

wermy wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:23 pm
Hey guys,
You may have noticed a minor facelift to the forums and blog. A designer friend of mine (@weatherfordcj16 on instagram - definitely hit him up if you're needing any logo/design work, he's great) did up a new logo for us and suggested a few other tweaks that clean things up nicely. I'll be tweaking a few more things and similarly updating the market and wiki pages in the coming days, so don't be surprised if you see things move around a bit.

Some links like "Unread posts" in the forum header have moved to a menu dropdown button on the right side,
similar to how it behaves in mobile/condensed format.

You may need to do a hard refresh on your browser to get the new assets to load properly.
If you're using Chrome you can do that with ctrl/cmd + shift + R. The header should look like this now:
header.png

Also, I've had lots of people ask over the past year and a half or so that the site has been up if I could get tee shirts made. With the vastly-improved logo we have now it seemed like a good time to finally do that, so if you head over to https://www.teepublic.com/user/wermy you can get a shirt or sticker (or a few other things), if you like. That site is an on-demand printing service, and I don't control the prices or anything - but I do get a couple bucks for each shirt sold, so if you want a shirt you can also help support the site at the same time. :)
Ok. Tonight is one of those very rare nights where I have a few beers at the end of a VERY long day and because of this, I'm in a pretty Rick from "Rick And Morty" kind of mood, so please forgive me. But....

I'm thinking a T-shirt made from your pic in the post would be awesome and hilarious at the same time. The SudoMod logo with "Header Menu Gone" below it. lol Promoting the site as well as being self-deprecating at the same time. :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B67OJI ... sp=sharing

Sorry..... :)

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:23 pm

:lol:

You had too much beer MrDraliXX :mrgreen:
Follow me on instagram Image

uttenda

Site updates and sudomod swag

Post by uttenda » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:18 am

Ive put a load meter on the front page so you can see when the site is under load till I get the site fully running on the new server.

Mike