Re: All in One PCB Support Thread

Post by vinceqt » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:43 pm

I think retrogamoingnow aio sold out :( I wasnt quick enough to grab one
Vincent
Helder wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:59 am
ecds7393 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:50 pm
Hey guys. I've been watching the AIO sale thread since May. Only seen one or two updates. The last was that the boards were in and would be tested in a week or so... looks like that was months ago. Any idea when there will be more available? Did I missue a new sale thread?
I'm not sure when I'll revisit the AIO again but if you need one RetroGamingNow is selling slightly older versions of my final board I sold, technically the same though.

Chriscox462

Post by Chriscox462 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:19 pm

The power coming from the USB hub headers is less than 5v.

Chriscox462

Post by Chriscox462 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:04 pm

Chriscox462 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:19 pm
The power coming from the USB hub headers is less than 5v.
Looks like it was a short circuit. :?

RobbsyB

Post by RobbsyB » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:32 am

Hello everyone,

I am having a problem with my AIO 2.2 board and was hoping to get some support since I am running out of ideas.
The board is connected to a (male) USB plug, so I can connect it to my computer for testing purpose. There are 4 cables that are wired (to male USB plug): GND IN, 5V IN, D- INPUT and D+ INPUT. Speaker and headphone jack are also soldered.

I use the "Game Controllers" tool on my Windows computer to test the AIO board. If I plug it in my computer, a new game controller (named Arduino) shows up in that dialog. I double click that entry to do some button tests (pressing buttons works, as I get feedback from the dialog). However, after a few seconds, the controller will be lost and I get a error message that the controller is no more connected. Eventually, it will show up again in the "Game Controllers" dialog and I can restart the testing. After 2-4 connect/disconnect cycles, I will get a notification (bottom right corner of my screen) that the connected USB device is not recognized (The last connected USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned...). After this message, I cannot see the controller in the dialog anymore.

Do you have any idea why the AIO board keeps disconnecting?
Thank you for your help!
Cheers!

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:03 am

RobbsyB wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:32 am
Hello everyone,

I am having a problem with my AIO 2.2 board and was hoping to get some support since I am running out of ideas.
The board is connected to a (male) USB plug, so I can connect it to my computer for testing purpose. There are 4 cables that are wired (to male USB plug): GND IN, 5V IN, D- INPUT and D+ INPUT. Speaker and headphone jack are also soldered.

I use the "Game Controllers" tool on my Windows computer to test the AIO board. If I plug it in my computer, a new game controller (named Arduino) shows up in that dialog. I double click that entry to do some button tests (pressing buttons works, as I get feedback from the dialog). However, after a few seconds, the controller will be lost and I get a error message that the controller is no more connected. Eventually, it will show up again in the "Game Controllers" dialog and I can restart the testing. After 2-4 connect/disconnect cycles, I will get a notification (bottom right corner of my screen) that the connected USB device is not recognized (The last connected USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned...). After this message, I cannot see the controller in the dialog anymore.

Do you have any idea why the AIO board keeps disconnecting?
Thank you for your help!
Cheers!
Did you twist your Dat + and Dat - wires?

RobbsyB

Post by RobbsyB » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:58 am

dryja123 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:03 am
No. I would not get any connection at all if D+ and D- were switched.

I also soldered a female USB plug to the AIO board and connected a USB mouse to check if it will get disconnected at the same moment the Arduino "Game Controller" looses connection. And yes, it happens in the same moment.

Do you think the FE1.1 USB chip is defective?

Also tested if I get any sound from the speaker. It works. So probably no issues on the audio side...

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:14 am

RobbsyB wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:58 am
dryja123 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:03 am
No. I would not get any connection at all if D+ and D- were switched.

I also soldered a female USB plug to the AIO board and connected a USB mouse to check if it will get disconnected at the same moment the Arduino "Game Controller" looses connection. And yes, it happens in the same moment.

Do you think the FE1.1 USB chip is defective?

Also tested if I get any sound from the speaker. It works. So probably no issues on the audio side...
No, you must physically twist your dat + and dat - cables, Google "twisted pair cable"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twisted_pair

fraggle

Post by fraggle » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:09 pm

Not really support request, a question, or anything per say...but I didn't know where else to post this.

I wrote the mappings for the xboxdrv using Helder's AIO 2.2 - this way the AIOs controls can be used as a spoofed XBOX Controller.

Why you ask? Well if you want to play non-lr cores outside retroarch then you are going to run into problems with the D-pad not being detected (analog HAT). I found this in pcsx-rearmed, mame4all, wolf4sdl, etc.

Obviously one thing to do would be to reprogram the controller to use buttons (BTN_?) rather than analog (ABS_?) for everything - however this requires a lot of messing about, possible disassembly to get to the headers, etc - plus if everything else works perfectly it seems a shame to change it...

...So - rather than that I though to use the xboxdrv, via:
/opt/retropie/configs/all/runcommand-onstart.sh

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh
# emu name to /dev/shm/runcommand.log
echo "on-start: $2" >&2
if [ "$2" = "pcsx-rearmed" ] || [ "$2" = "mame-mame4all " ] || [ "$2" = "wolf4sdl" ] || [ "$2" = "wolf4sdl-spear" ]
then
sudo killall > /dev/null 2>&1 xboxdrv
sudo /opt/retropie/supplementary/xboxdrv/bin/xboxdrv > /dev/null 2>&1 \
	--evdev /dev/input/by-id/usb-Arduino_LLC_Arduino_Leonardo_HIDAF-if02-event-joystick \
	--silent \
	--detach-kernel-driver \
	--force-feedback \
	--deadzone-trigger 15% \
	--deadzone 4000 \
	--mimic-xpad \
        --device-name "XBOX 360 Controller (xboxdrv)" \
	--evdev-absmap ABS_HAT0X=dpad_x,ABS_HAT0Y=dpad_y \
	--evdev-keymap BTN_TOP=a,BTN_BASE6=b,BTN_PINKIE=x,BTN_BASE2=y,BTN_BASE5=lb,BTN_BASE3=rb,KEY_#300=back,BTN_TOP2=start \
	--dpad-only \
	--ui-axismap lt=void,rt=void \
	--ui-buttonmap tl=void,tr=void,guide=void \
	&
fi
Then, to kill the pad on emu exit, in:
/opt/retropie/configs/all/runcommand-onend.sh

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh
sudo killall > /dev/null 2>&1 xboxdrv
That way one can use the stock AIO 2.2 in emulators that don't support the analog hats, really useful as most of the cores that run best on the PIzero are not lr.

Anyhow - thought it might be useful to other who have this excellent board :)

RobbsyB

Post by RobbsyB » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:46 am

dryja123 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:14 am
No, you must physically twist your dat + and dat - cables, Google "twisted pair cable"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twisted_pair
Sorry, I misread your initial post. Instead of "twisted" I read "switched". I did twist the cables to avoid EMI.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:11 pm

Might be a faulty FE1.1s, you could also try reflowing the pins on the chip and post pictures of this usb wire and be sure the length is not excessively long as that can cause problems,
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.