Game Boy Zero case CAD files

Show off your completed Game Boy Zero, or post your build logs here!
YaYa

Re: Game Boy Zero case CAD files

Post by YaYa » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:04 am

Really good job ! Applause !
Follow me on instagram Image

reipet

Post by reipet » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:09 am

It fits very well to the aftermarket shells.

Stability not deep tested so far from first impression I would say acceptable.
Printed in China, Guangdong.

I will create a new thread when I start assembly to show more details....waiting for Kites set...eagerly :-)

@YaYa
I have to thank you. Your build gave me a lot of inputs to be integrated here. The pogo solution I planned from the beginning but was not sure how to do it, so I mostly followed your way :-)

Anybody has a DXF of the Raspberry to be used in the Logo?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 6.19.28 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 6.19.28 PM.png (120.07 KiB) Viewed 9170 times

moooarcuuuus

Post by moooarcuuuus » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:50 am

reipet wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:09 am
I can give you a dxf on monday. If you can use an eps-file: https://www.raspberrypi.org/trademark-rules/

If you have a good CAD programm you can take the lines from my holder: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4544
Last edited by moooarcuuuus on Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep... Game Over

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:12 am

reipet wrote:
It fits very well to the aftermarket shells.

Stability not deep tested so far from first impression I would say acceptable.
Printed in China, Guangdong.

I will create a new thread when I start assembly to show more details....waiting for Kites set...eagerly :-)

@YaYa
I have to thank you. Your build gave me a lot of inputs to be integrated here. The pogo solution I planned from the beginning but was not sure how to do it, so I mostly followed your way :-)

have you tried googling for it......

not sure of this might help....

https://grabcad.com/library/raspberry-logo

neolith

Post by neolith » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:29 am

That's an incredibly good looking print! Thanks for sharing! :)
– "The biggest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." –

moooarcuuuus

Post by moooarcuuuus » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:46 pm

reipet wrote:

I remember now where I got the logo from:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... anical.dxf
https://www.file-upload.net/download-12 ... o.dxf.html
Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep... Game Over

chaosratt

Post by chaosratt » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:46 pm

So I've printed the front case, and am working on the back (printer is being a pita) and I've noticed a couple of faults so far.

First in the front cover:
The screw points for the button board are missing the central hole. There's no way to screw down the board, or the rear cover.

And the back cover:
1) There's something weird going on in the battery bay:

2) It has the middle screw supports, for which the matching front points are removed on every build and I'm not aware of any brackets to reuse them. Also, these are often cut out to make room for L1/R1 buttons.

Edit: I see now that the lack of screw holes on the front part was intentional, strange. I guess I need to take a crash course in Fusion360 and make some changes.

neolith

Post by neolith » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:49 pm

chaosratt wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:46 pm
So I've printed the front case, and am working on the back (printer is being a pita) and I've noticed a couple of faults so far.

First in the front cover:
The screw points for the button board are missing the central hole. There's no way to screw down the board, or the rear cover.

And the back cover:
1) There's something weird going on in the battery bay:

2) It has the middle screw supports, for which the matching front points are removed on every build and I'm not aware of any brackets to reuse them. Also, these are often cut out to make room for L1/R1 buttons.

Edit: I see now that the lack of screw holes on the front part was intentional, strange. I guess I need to take a crash course in Fusion360 and make some changes.
The lack of holes for the screws was intentional and for stability reasons. Drilling a hole into a printed post might give you a better structure than printing around the hole in circles. No matter what software you use, the holes should be fairly easy to create. If you don't manage to do it on your own, drop me a note and I'll create a model with them.

I don't know what happened to the battery bay in your version of the model. It should look like this:
Which format did you use? Maybe the exporter screwed up. :|

Unfortunately I don't know which screw supports you are talking about. Can you highlight them in a screenshot?

Fusion 360 is not hard to learn. Follow the 'First Steps' tutorials on Autodesk's site and do a YouTube tutorial or two afterwards. That was enough to let me build the GBZ case and I had never used the software prior to this.
If you prefer any other CAD software, just give one of formats I uploaded a try. Most programs should be able to open at least on of them.
– "The biggest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." –

chaosratt

Post by chaosratt » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:15 pm

The error is in both the STEP files and the STL files, so it must be something with your export:

Regarding the screw posts:

Red are the posts that I don;t think anyone uses. The matching set on the front are removed for the LCD, and to my knowledge no one has made a bracket for them like the top/upper posts. Further, it's common to remove them and use the hole as L1/R1 buttons. But thats not a terrible problem to leave them in for now, its not technically in the way of anything.

Blue: I've just run into an issue with a non-printed case where these highlighted bits need to be removed in order to fit any button board (such as Helder's) if the battery bay is left intact.

Abunchahicks

Post by Abunchahicks » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:17 pm

Great job. It looks like you designed this in fusion, would you mind sharing the .f3d files?