Actual wiring diagram

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
Cannikin

Re: Actual wiring diagram

Post by Cannikin » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:18 pm

dirtybeagles wrote:I am thinking you are saying I should I should reverse my connections for my volume wheel (indicated by the purple line)?
No, I think you need to swap the wires going into the volume control. The four leads on the volume control, you have the left two going to the headphone jack the right two going to the sound card—it works, but it makes the volume control backwards: turning it "down" increases the volume and turning it "up" decreases it.

Re-soldering the wires *might* help with the static if it's just because of a bad connection. But in your video it sounded like it comes and goes, even when it's just sitting still which seems less like a bad connection...not sure what else it could be, though. Looks like you've got the same hardware setup as me.

dirtybeagles

Post by dirtybeagles » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:07 am

Cannikin wrote:Re-soldering the wires *might* help with the static if it's just because of a bad connection. But in your video it sounded like it comes and goes, even when it's just sitting still which seems less like a bad connection...not sure what else it could be, though. Looks like you've got the same hardware setup as me.
Yeah, the reason it keeps coming in and out is because I was adjusting the wheel during the video. At certain places while I turn the wheel, the volume will just go muted.

dirtybeagles

Post by dirtybeagles » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:42 am

Cannikin wrote:Looks like you've got the same hardware setup as me.
Is the headphone jack for R + L OUT cables from the Volume Wheel and the USB Sound Card is for IN cables? I have my R + L cables from the headphone jack going to the R + L OUT of the GB Volume Wheel and I have my R + L cables from my USB Sound Card going to the IN in my wheel.

Cannikin

Post by Cannikin » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:53 am

dirtybeagles wrote:Yeah, the reason it keeps coming in and out is because I was adjusting the wheel during the video. At certain places while I turn the wheel, the volume will just go muted.
Yeah that sounds like a bad connection somewhere...all the solder points look good though? If you give each of the wires a tug they're holding good?

Cannikin

Post by Cannikin » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:58 am

dirtybeagles wrote:Is the headphone jack for R + L OUT cables from the Volume Wheel and the USB Sound Card is for IN cables? I have my R + L cables from the headphone jack going to the R + L OUT of the GB Volume Wheel and I have my R + L cables from my USB Sound Card going to the IN in my wheel.
Maybe we're getting our ins and outs backwards! Here's how mine is wired:

So the sound card is connected to the two left pins on the volume control and the headphone jack is connected to the two right pins. In your drawing you shared earlier you had those connections reversed, which would reverse the volume knob behavior.

dirtybeagles

Post by dirtybeagles » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:42 am

Cannikin wrote:Yeah that sounds like a bad connection somewhere...all the solder points look good though? If you give each of the wires a tug they're holding good?
Someone suggested to pick up some "shielded" wire for the audio because it could be interference happening. Did you use any special wire with yours?
Last edited by dirtybeagles on Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

dirtybeagles

Post by dirtybeagles » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:46 am

Cannikin wrote:Maybe we're getting our ins and outs backwards! Here's how mine is wired:
Looking at your picture and looking at your diagram, I am not seeing where you soldered both AMP GRD to the Switch B on the headphone jack? Also I do not see your USB Sound Card GRD either?

Is this picture a complete setup or are you still missing some connections and just haven't gotten to them yet?

Also, thanks for helping me.

dirtybeagles

Post by dirtybeagles » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:59 am

Here's my deal. I purchases these two amps.
1. http://www.amazon.com/High-Power-2-Chan ... detailpage
http://www.amazon.com/uxcell%C2%AE-PAM8 ... detailpage

Both of them have been tried and both of them give off a very loud static sound which leads me to believe it will not work with this GB0 setup. I was thinking maybe the AMPs I have are trying to do audio out of two speakers even though I have it configured for one. Or these AMPs might be trying to use too much voltage. I ended up ordering an Adafruit Mono amp from ebay. It should be here by the end of the week so I will try this again.

If the configuration is working with the adafruit amp, I will defiantly repost my results. It might be that certain amps just will not work with the GB0 wheel and speaker and people should know this.
Last edited by dirtybeagles on Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ganreizu

Post by Ganreizu » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:11 am

dirtybeagles wrote:Here's my deal. I purchases these two amps.
1. http://www.amazon.com/High-Power-2-Chan
2. http://www.amazon.com/uxcell%C2%AE-PAM8
Broken pages. Look at the doggies!

dirtybeagles

Post by dirtybeagles » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:43 am

Ganreizu wrote:Broken pages. Look at the doggies!
fixed!