[For Sale]HoolyHoo's AIO bracket for Kite's Circuit Sword Board

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
HoolyHoo

Re: [For Sale]HoolyHoo's AIO bracket for Kite's SAIO Board

Post by HoolyHoo » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:39 am

TigerClaw32 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:07 am
pms are not working :( it starts with info22
PM sent to you

Alex.

Post by Alex. » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:29 pm

Just bought a PSP bracket to use on my first build with Kite's CS board.

smoothoperator

Post by smoothoperator » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:19 am

Has anyone had any luck using 2-sided tape to install the screen bracket instead of using hot glue? I hate using hot glue because it always seems to separate from the case eventually.

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:28 am

I used with success vhb tape :D
Follow me on instagram Image

derebbe

Post by derebbe » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:33 am

Any update on the 3DS-Joystick version?

PIXeL_92

Post by PIXeL_92 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:27 am

***** PLEASE NOTE - EUROPEAN ORDERS*****

As some of you may know I do Hooly's European orders to keep postage costs down for the end user.

I have two printers set up to do this and at the moment I am having severe issues with one printer and I haven't been able to get a successful print from it in about a week and the other one is suffering from a warped bed meaning I can no longer get it level with a glass bed on it (waiting on a new bed to arrive fitting will take a few mins and that will be up and running again.)

I am aware that Kite's new board has been released and orders have spiked right when these issues have taken place and this is obviously going to have an impact of how quick I can get orders out, I have spent the last few evenings taking the printer apart to try and rectify this fault with no luck, I have ordered a few new parts to see if worn parts are contributing to the issues.

I am giving a rough time frame of about a week to have the issue resolved and get orders caught up with and printed, remember just like everyone else I have a full time job that I am also doing along side training so most my free evenings go into setting up prints, packaging up and going to the post office along with doing jobs around the house due to buying my first house.

Any new orders for EUROPEAN COUNTRIES ONLY I am going to say to allow an additional week to have tracking provided.

Please be patient and you will have your printed brackets soon, they are coming and cut Hooly some slack I am the one at fault not him, he has been kind enough to spend his time to design these brackets to make your builds easier.

Apologizes for the above but I should be up and running again soon.

tl;dr - Issues with printers are causing a delay on European orders and I am sorry but these things can and do happen I am trying to resolve the faults as soon as possible. Brackets will be with you soon. Sorry Guys
Needs parts for your Gameboy Zero or even just normal Gamboy mods, head over to http://www.deadpanrobot.co.uk/ and use the discount code RGREPAIRS for a 10% discount code. Loads of great products at affordable prices.

Instagram - http://instagram.com/robsgamerepairs

exodus

Post by exodus » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:18 pm

Hi HoolyHoo,

This is my second bracket. I initially started with the standard SAIO bracket in GBZ shell, but upgraded to the new one for the Circuit Sword. Having a few issues with overall fit as compared to backet rev 1. Pics for reference. Suggestions?
hoolyhomasterpic.png
hoolyhomasterpic.png (666.42 KiB) Viewed 6076 times

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:26 pm

the problem is obviously your shell... i had the same issue with brackets printed by the same hub i always used but this time, the upper right and upper left corners are bumping too... i have designed also some small parts and they needed to be trimmed down to sit down on the case.

what changed before after ? the case supplier lol

What you can do for the upper side, chamfer the front of the bracket slightly at the corners so it can sit down :D worked like a charm for me not later than yesterday lol
Follow me on instagram Image

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:02 pm

The SNES and Joystick X and Y button holes are not cut in the same position, the joystick x and y buttons are a more true to real Super Nintendo spec. If you're using a case that was cut for the SNES style bracket your buttons will be a little off set with the joystick bracket.

You're spot on about the bracket bumping into the case though. It's either a variation in the case or a variation in the bracket. I can confirm that the joystick bracket does fit a little more snug than the SNES one.
YaYa wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:26 pm
the problem is obviously your shell... i had the same issue with brackets printed by the same hub i always used but this time, the upper right and upper left corners are bumping too... i have designed also some small parts and they needed to be trimmed down to sit down on the case.
exodus wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:18 pm
Hi HoolyHoo,

This is my second bracket. I initially started with the standard SAIO bracket in GBZ shell, but upgraded to the new one for the Circuit Sword. Having a few issues with overall fit as compared to backet rev 1. Pics for reference. Suggestions?

hoolyhomasterpic.png

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:14 pm

exodus wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:18 pm
Hi HoolyHoo,

Hi, as YaYa suggested, there is no way for me to account on some aftermarket case dimensions. I can tell you that I have designed and tested the bracket around the dimensions of the original GB shell. I have also verified it with two different aftermarket shells however, as you may know, there are many suppliers of those aftermarket cases.

That being said, it should be easy enough to sand by hand or very carefully, lightly dremel those areas to get the fit in your case. The one area that you mentioned, the X and Y holes, you should not have issues with if you used the provided drill guides to make the holes as those should be made according to where the bracket rest. Do not use Kite's drill guide on his board as they may lead to out of alignment of the X and Y holes in relation to the bracket. There is enough tolerance on the contact pads to allow for this without issue.

Hopefully you should be able to get that to work without issue. :)