[For Sale] PRS-Tech SNES-Zero. Complete retro gaming in a SNES Controller

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
BlastoSupreme

Re: [For Sale] PRS-Tech SNES-Zero. Complete retro gaming in a SNES Controller

Post by BlastoSupreme » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:11 am

Hey everyone,

I just built this as my first pi project and I’ve run into similar power issues. I used the alternate HDMI cable linked on prerunnerseth’s website how to guide. For some reason the pi will loose power randomly and not reboot until I unplug and plug in the usb from the power injector again. Other times it will boot up repeatedly until it just stops and I’ll have to plug/unplug like before.

I know the pi itself is good because it runs great when powered by its micro usb. I’m not really sure what to do now.

lokoforloki

Post by lokoforloki » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:04 pm

Build complete, but, power issues. I got the recommended cord and USB power adaptor. I have completed all the wiring and setup on the Pi zero W but when I try to run the unit on HDMI ( with the USB power inline from my TV) it just hits the retropie screen and then reboots.

I have tried also plugging the USB power adapter into an outlet (2.1a source) and it does the same boot and reboot cycle. As I understand it this rebooting is indicative of a power issue, and as i have read on here there seem to be quite a few people with power issues.

Anyone have any ideas for a solution that do not requite me to run a seperate power cord? ( when i plug into the power outlet on the Pi it runs fine). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:24 pm

If with a wall plug and 2.1A you can’t make it boot, it’s more likely a short somewhere. I can believe HDMI powering to be defective, but from wall plug... sounds just too much.
Just in case, did you try with another USB cable plugged for example in the PC USB port ? Just to really be sure
Follow me on instagram Image

lokoforloki

Post by lokoforloki » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:12 pm

hey YaYa,

ok so i have firuged out how to make it work and what does not work. if i plug the power port on the pi into any power source it works. when i use the usb power adaptor through HDMI it does not work. i have now tried every HDMI cable in my house and none of them work. but again if i just plug the Pi into any normal power and HDMI into any normal TV, boom works fine. so im sure the Pi is not shorted as i can make it work fine. just seems to be when i try to get power through HDMI.

i guess it could either be i have no HDMI that will carry enough current, or that the USB adaptor is not functioning properly.

SpazTaztic

Post by SpazTaztic » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:15 pm

I finally got a USB port in from Digikey to add to mine- does anyone have any pictures of one added to their build? Also- which test pads on the pi do the jumpers need to be soldered to- just the two pads below the onboard USB on the pi itself?

EDIT: Nevermind - found images online. My test pads on the pi I am using do not have labels. PP22 is towards the power port - PP23 is towards the SD if anyone else runs into this.

Thewholehogge

Post by Thewholehogge » Mon May 21, 2018 7:35 am

Can anybody direct me to a video showing how I solder pins to this type of pcb.Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Tue May 22, 2018 10:13 pm

Thewholehogge wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 7:35 am
Can anybody direct me to a video showing how I solder pins to this type of pcb.Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
Here's a link to the how to guide: https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2753

If you don't know how to solder those headers that tells me that you should practice soldering some things before you get invested in a project.

Diddledirt

Post by Diddledirt » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:31 am

lokoforloki wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:12 pm
hey YaYa,

ok so i have firuged out how to make it work and what does not work. if i plug the power port on the pi into any power source it works. when i use the usb power adaptor through HDMI it does not work. i have now tried every HDMI cable in my house and none of them work. but again if i just plug the Pi into any normal power and HDMI into any normal TV, boom works fine. so im sure the Pi is not shorted as i can make it work fine. just seems to be when i try to get power through HDMI.

i guess it could either be i have no HDMI that will carry enough current, or that the USB adaptor is not functioning properly.
I had the same problem. Turned out my TV didn't like the power setup. On my TV I had to turn off anynet+. JLo

Bill

Post by Bill » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:11 pm

Can you use a usb port to add a second controller for 2 players

KiloFeenix

Post by KiloFeenix » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:55 pm

Got everything put together, but when i go to map buttons, it auto uses ESC key, but there is no esc key set in the retrogame.c file, i have no idea how to get this working less desoldering all the pins that aren't being used.

edit: had some solder bridges de da de, however now x keeps pressing, nothings shorted, tried two different boards, re-downloaded the retrogame.c, i dont get it, it worked fine on the gameboy 0 build i was doing now its not.