Getting screws in

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
Feynamn1

Getting screws in

Post by Feynamn1 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:17 pm

Hi all,

I've been having trouble screwing in the faceplate. I know that the pegs of the base haven't been stripped because the screws go in securely when I removed the faceplate. But somehow I can't get the screws to catch in the pegs when I put in the faceplate, and they just keep popping out. I'm using the 2x8 screws that are the same size of the ones I got from sudomod. How do I screw them in properly? Thanks!

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Getting screws in

Post by Helder » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:16 pm

Make sure there isn't any wires making the screw not reach the pegs and also line up the pegs (use a flash light) and do one corner at a time, then the opposite corner.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Feynamn1

Post by Feynamn1 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:09 am

Well I got the two bottom screws in, but still can't get the two top screws to catch. I taped the wire down in certain places so they wouldn't catch in between the pegs, but even without the faceplate in the way it's still a pain to get the screws in. I'm worried about applying too much pressure and stripping the plastic like I did with my last build.

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:11 pm

I've wrapped the screws in teflon tape (or something similar) to make them a bit thicker. It'll catch in the screw holes a bit better

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:31 am

Does the face plate sit flat when you have in pressed into the tin? If you push on the corners you should feel it rest on the pegs without resistance. if you feel resistance it means that there's a wire or something impeding the face plate from sitting as it should.

Be mindful of routing any wires over the battery. There's little to zero room between the Pi and the battery.