GBZ Rear Tactile Pad PCB ( on OSHPark)

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
hernan43

GBZ Rear Tactile Pad PCB ( on OSHPark)

Post by hernan43 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:36 pm

So I am gathering the parts for a basic GBZ build(my 1st). I was looking for rear button PCBs so that I could use the DMG style buttons on the back.

I thought I'd take a crack at making my own in EasyEDA. My thinking was to try and make something that was compatible with both membrane style buttons and the tactile switches you see everywhere. The idea would be that somebody could choose to either use buttons or tactile switches with the same PCB depending on their preferences.

I have plans to try and design a 3D printable bracket that would fit these.

I am not a PCB designer so I imagine there are a ton of amateurish mistakes on this thing. I also have just ordered them so I don't even know if they work, though I am fairly confident that they should.

I tried to make them as small as humanly possible in the hopes they would be ultra cheap on OSHPark. I am sharing them here so that people can try them out if they want to or offer feedback. Again, I don't really know what I am doing so these could be total junk. :-)

--EDIT--

Forgot the OSH Park URL:

https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/LycZgzsv

erik_gee

Re: GBZ Rear Tactile Pad PCB ( on OSHPark)

Post by erik_gee » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:01 am

I actually do something similar with shoulder pcbs I make. I have a few updated versions of the pads but I don't have pics of them at the moment. This is all I got on my phone.

Same concept, has through-holes for the switches and normal traces to use conductive pads instead.

GBC AIO kit Sales Thread:https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=9928

Bunch of different shoulder button kits Sales Thread:viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6233&p=63192#p63192

AIO board for DMG Sales Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6431

6 Button Common Ground Board Sales Thread: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4811

KonnorJ

Re: GBZ Rear Tactile Pad PCB ( on OSHPark)

Post by KonnorJ » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:36 am

This is awesome, nice work.