Just another Circuit Sword

Show off your completed Game Boy Zero, or post your build logs here!
McGyver

Just another Circuit Sword

Post by McGyver » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:42 pm

Just to show you my final version of the Circuit Sword.
It is a nice maschine after all the different Pi Zero's I did up to now. This maschine is amazing fast compared to the Pi0`s.

The build is nothing special. My adaptations:

Analog stick: I chose lower left side since this bracket was easier to print for me. Just too late I recogniced the psp1000 plastic washer for dust protection is chaffing on the housing but I could manage to remove this part my quezing and cutting from outside without the need of disassemble the board again. (By the way: for N64 settings I need to swap analog L and R)

Fir the QI charging: just a nice feature I wanted to have ;-) since the parts are cheap to source and easy to install. I decided not to do the battery bay clip mod as I saw on one of our users since I belive not to often to open the bay and I wanted to reduce all possible voltage drop.

The upper holes for LED indication with hotglue went not too bad. For a better finish I cleaned the outside with alcohol and reheated carfully the surface/glue buy hotair at 200° celsius.

I did not take any pictures from the inside but all brackets are 3d printed, thanks on all the uses here which published there files to the community! All internal brackets screws are from the "Laptop kit" mentioned for MintyPi.

Edit: pictures added.
1.jpg
1.jpg (2.11 MiB) Viewed 5545 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (1.85 MiB) Viewed 5545 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (3.46 MiB) Viewed 5545 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (1.73 MiB) Viewed 5545 times

Warzone1320

Re: Just another Circuit Sword

Post by Warzone1320 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:36 am

Clean build!

JustPlainBill

Post by JustPlainBill » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:01 am

I want to do a build with the analog stick in the same position, does it play easily like this? Is it easy to hold and play and can you reach the shoulder buttons as well?

McGyver

Post by McGyver » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:01 am

Hi JustPlainBill,

I just tried: you can reach the back buttons still if you use the left thumb analog stick! Maybe the middle position for analog stick would be a little more comfortable but it is still playable on my layout.

Defect02

Post by Defect02 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:35 pm

how did you go about mounting the joystick? im working on my Circuit Sword and plan on doing two joysticks, going to get hoolyhoos psp screen bracket

McGyver

Post by McGyver » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:52 am

Sorry for the late answer. I downloaded the 3d print file for the bracket from this treat:
https://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=5424

The joystick is screwed in the bracket, don't forget to remove the plastic washer from the psp joystick!

I fixed the bracket assembly with a small drop of hotglue. It is later mostly hold in place by the big lug and friction from the screwed in CS board pushing on it.

By the way: on this build I did not used epoxy because I want to keep the oportunity to remove / swap parts if necessary later on.