the first GBZ ever --> by a n00b

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
helickhunter

the first GBZ ever --> by a n00b

Post by helickhunter » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:57 am

Hello,
I'm not even sure if this is the right place to write the post, but I'll do it anyway.
A friend and I want to start learning a little bit of electronics and raspberry pi. We are both computer engineers but we lack on electronics. When we saw all the amazing project with the Gameboy zero we got so exited that we wanted to give it a shot.

We are now collecting all the parts that we would need for our project, but we are still trying to figure out which way to go with the controls board. The usual control board by Tinkerboy --> http://www.tinkerboy.xyz/product/game-b ... oy-zero-3/ or the Super AIO by Kite. I would prefer the second option because it's integrated with everything we need, but it seems that it's very difficult to get one of those these days and we could possible wait for months.

What is your advice? Should we try to get our hands dirty with the former board or wait for the new batch of Kite's super AIO?
Either way could you send us link where we can purchase them?

That would be awesome.

Thank you.

YaYa

Re: the first GBZ ever --> by a n00b

Post by YaYa » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:20 am

The super AIO is not produced anymore. It has been replaced by the Circuit Sword Original.

Both options are very good.

With the regular way, you need to get your hands dirty. With the second way, you buy a beast packed in a rolls royce and with a ferrari engine :lol:

It's up To you !
I'd recommend start with a regular one for the pleasure of fun, then go the easy way with kite CSO.

Kite will open a preorder the 29th of October ;)
Follow me on instagram Image

helickhunter

Post by helickhunter » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:28 am

I've never own a Ferrari (that'll be great :D ).
But in case we want to go with the bare controller button, do you recommend the Tinkerboy v3.0 (I can see there are 6 buttons, I need only 4 right :?: ).

Secondly, if we want to go with the Lamborghini, do we need to post in the forum or there is a place somewhere else where we can opt in for it?

Thanks

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:40 am

You are free to use or not the 6 buttons.
As for Kite's board, check the sale forum, a thread will be opened for the forthcoming preorder.
Follow me on instagram Image

ericker

Post by ericker » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:46 pm

I found this board that might be worth checking out: https://www.etsy.com/listing/590105310/ ... ro-aio-pcb

helickhunter

Post by helickhunter » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:27 am

Thank you @ericker. I will have a look. I signed up for the new wave of Kite's board on this link. I will patiently wait for the 29th of October and see if I can get 2 boards on the next pre-order.

I'll keep you guys posted.