Gaboze Pocaio - Battery Monitor (UPDATED)

Got an idea for a project? Found a cool project you want to share? Post it here!
qaz015393

Re: Gaboze Pocaio - Battery Monitor (UPDATED)

Post by qaz015393 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:27 pm

Is there like a video tutorial on this ? want to add this to my build but don't know how or if we also need the safe shut down switch from the sales page. Could someone please help me out with this. I don't want to corrupt any more of my sd cards.

gbjack

Post by gbjack » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:52 pm

Is it possible to add an analog joystick to the the ads1015 along the battery monitoring and make it work in retropie? That would be really interesting in order to make a clean analog setup.

Spyder

Post by Spyder » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:47 am

insomniamonkey wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:09 pm
Would it be possible to setup the safe shutdown script to work with the actual on/off switch up top? Looks as though on the original diagram that what it shows.
Did anyone figure this out. I've ordered the round 2 blank board and will be ordered all the other stuff shortly. I'd really like to use the power off switch to actually power the unit off correctly. If I need to add this little board, that's fine but I really wish I could just use a script.

I've built a Nespi Cart with a power button just using the script and a button. Makes life a lot easier.

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:35 pm

Spyder wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:47 am
insomniamonkey wrote:
Would it be possible to setup the safe shutdown script to work with the actual on/off switch up top? Looks as though on the original diagram that what it shows.
Did anyone figure this out. I've ordered the round 2 blank board and will be ordered all the other stuff shortly. I'd really like to use the power off switch to actually power the unit off correctly. If I need to add this little board, that's fine but I really wish I could just use a script.

I've built a Nespi Cart with a power button just using the script and a button. Makes life a lot easier.
Using an ADS1015 like noted in the first post will not allow you to use the switch itself for a safe shutdown. it will only monitor the battery. You will still need to shutdown safely and then slide the switch.

I am not certain what exactly you would need to actually use the switch to safely shut it down. But it will require some extra hardware to the board and scripting. Likely more work than it's worth, and i've never seen anyone do it on a gaboze.

Spyder

Post by Spyder » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:53 am

rodocop wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:35 pm
Spyder wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:47 am
insomniamonkey wrote:

Using an ADS1015 like noted in the first post will not allow you to use the switch itself for a safe shutdown. it will only monitor the battery. You will still need to shutdown safely and then slide the switch.

I am not certain what exactly you would need to actually use the switch to safely shut it down. But it will require some extra hardware to the board and scripting. Likely more work than it's worth, and i've never seen anyone do it on a gaboze.
Bummer. Oh well. I'll keep plugging away at it and see what I can do. I have my blanks on order and just placed my digikey order yesterday along with the screen and volume wheel from AliExpress. All I have left is the battery, case, buttons, and a few minor soldering needs.