First post! "Small parts" for Pi Zero Pocket

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
Joeblowv1

First post! "Small parts" for Pi Zero Pocket

Post by Joeblowv1 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:39 pm

Hi all,

First post here and I'm glad to be here! I've done some light modding/soldering/console repair in the past. Made a "pro-sound" backlit dmg a few years back for chiptuning and all that fun stuff, so, naturally I knew one day I'd be building a gameboy pi of some sort. I'm really feeling the gameboy pocket form factor, so I went ahead and ordered the PCB only from galaxygaming.co.uk hopefully should keep me busy until the mintypi v3 gets in (placed my preorder last night!!!)

Now I wasn't thinking, and just ordered the pcb, I see there are some various smd componants (the lil things that you can see in wermy's video - resistors mostly?) that I did not think to buy/message the good folks at galaxy gaming for. Its on his parts list, but I'm "over the pond" and have already ordered the pcb, just wondering if anyone can steer me to someone who would be able to furnish, or a website to get all the small bits from that arent too much in bulk?

Appreciate the effort, just looking for someone who went the same route as me and decided to source their own parts instead of just buying the kit and could provide a little direction? Thanks!

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: First post! "Small parts" for Pi Zero Pocket

Post by Helder » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:47 am

You can try Taydaelectronics.com and arrow.com which has free overnight shipping for the parts.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Joeblowv1

Post by Joeblowv1 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:33 pm

Ah, word from right from the top.

Thanks Helder! Much appreciated, I'll look into it. Nothing like tiny....tiny components.

KonnorJ

Post by KonnorJ » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:28 pm

Arrow.com BOM is in the wakelet.com like k from the PCB order page use that and it will autodial the basket make sure to get the correct quantity cheers

Joeblowv1

Post by Joeblowv1 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:32 am

Thanks again for the feedback.

I was able to order almost everything on arrow.com. However one part - 0805ZD104KAT2A AVX - was sold out on arrow, and I can't seem to source it anywhere, does anyone have any tips as to where I can get that one piece without waiting 28 weeks?!

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:38 pm

Joeblowv1 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:32 am
Thanks again for the feedback.

I was able to order almost everything on arrow.com. However one part - 0805ZD104KAT2A AVX - was sold out on arrow, and I can't seem to source it anywhere, does anyone have any tips as to where I can get that one piece without waiting 28 weeks?!
Just search for :
CAP CER 0.1UF 10V X5R 0805

Any of the ones you find will work, it's a generic decoupling capacitor that can be from any manufacturer. You can even get higher voltage ones too without any problems.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.