Easy Beginner handheld Retropie Device Builds?

Got an idea for a project? Found a cool project you want to share? Post it here!
SkyCaptainHD

Re: Easy Beginner handheld Retropie Device Builds?

Post by SkyCaptainHD » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:32 pm

I ended up waiting a little bit to save up some money and then ordered the Waveshare Game Hat. It finally came in the mail yesterday. Will be setting it up this week.

SkyCaptainHD

Post by SkyCaptainHD » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:39 pm

Over the weekend I downloaded files for a case designed by zuendy on Thingiverse for my Waveshare Game Hat and had it printed by 3D Hubs. It was my first time getting something 3D Printed. I was surprised how fast it was printed, I uploaded the files and ordered it on Saturday Night and got it on Wednesday. It cost just a little over $40 to get it all printed (except the shorter anolog stick). Overall it the Design and Print came out pretty good. I just need to sand it down and paint it how I'd like it and I'm good to go.

The Waveshare Game Hat definitely needs a better case than the cheap acrylic top and bottom plate that it comes with. Overall I'm happy with the Waveshare Game Hat, the only thing I might want to do is change the clicky button switches to soft button switches.

tiyaray

Post by tiyaray » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:44 pm

The Gameboy Invalid looks cool however shockingly it doesn't have sound. What's more, the Pi0cket Modest Pi Star I don't assume that has bumper L and R catches like a SNES controller. I neglected to make reference to I'd like to most likely play SNES and GBA recreations so the L and R and the A, B, X, Y and Begin and Select catches are an absolute necessity. Much obliged to you for the proposals, however. Those ones are quite cool. Much thanks for your assistance.