[ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
jramos

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by jramos » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:51 am

I think it’s fair we finally get an actual update instead of the same old “soon, be patient responses” I don’t know about anyone else here but I’m legit now on the “concerned phase”

Karn Silver Golem

Post by Karn Silver Golem » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:14 pm

jramos wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:51 am
I think it’s fair we finally get an actual update instead of the same old “soon, be patient responses” I don’t know about anyone else here but I’m legit now on the “concerned phase”
Same here. My joy and anticipation have switched to real concerns... :/

AntFJ

Post by AntFJ » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:22 pm

Classic example of folks getting in way over their heads. The sad part is they are dragging down everyone that endorsed them. At the very least they should be able to deliver on the bare pcbs - this is not hard to order or ship. The fact that these aren't yet available to the September orders is an indication there are other issues were not hearing about.

Tier 3 orders should never have happened - we should have been warned instead of being told how amazing these guys are. Every small company has their limit - it seems like they hit theirs.

How long before they are told to deliver or be banned from the mods? They took hundreds if not thousands of $$ from folks on this forum.

Karn Silver Golem

Post by Karn Silver Golem » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:37 pm

I mean i happily waited that long, and i would happily wait even longer if i would get periodic updates and/or news about the project.

AntFJ

Post by AntFJ » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:42 pm

Karn Silver Golem wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:37 pm
I mean i happily waited that long, and i would happily wait even longer if i would get periodic updates and/or news about the project.
With that mentality it doesn't take much for them to keep you happy and keep your money.

Bluup

Post by Bluup » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:41 pm

Hey guys. Sorry it doesn't seem like much updates. We try and put out updates across all channels. Facebook, instagram, discord and here. If you ever want to know anything, please just post here or PM. We want open dialog.

Just so you can see the lay of the land. The first batch of blank boards were actually soldered up for the first batch of orders to be shipped (which is currently happening now) and the blank boards being delivered by the factory were going to sort out everyone who ordered a blank board. Which in hindsight was a terrible plan, we should have shipped the blank boards first.
It's taken WAYYYY longer than we thought but I do want to reassure you that there isn't a chance of them not shipping. It's not that we're in over our heads, we have everything in hand, it's just that each step has taken a lot longer than we estimated for. Negotiating with factories, sourcing new glass suppliers, manually making the first units, it all just added up.

We've put a ton of work into designing, testing and getting others to test the FEs. We know the product works and there isn't a chance of us not delivering. They're being assembled in the factory currently but we have had small delays there as the boards on the front (safe shutdown) are difficult to source in China so we've had to get them to make their own versions of them. Good news is we're nearing the end of the marathon. We've set dates that are on the Galaxy Gaming website and we're more or less on track with them.

Apologies for the wall of text again, I'm going to make sure I'm a lot more active on here so it doesn't come to these big posts. A lot of people have endorsed us but the fault of the delays lays with us and not them.

So, going forward, you're all absolutely right about the bare boards and how they should have been the first things to go out. With that in mind, I'm going to order a batch of bare boards now and get them mailed out the same day they arrive, that should be up to a week. As a way to hopefully start making amends I'll personally pay the difference on getting them made to be matte black which is more premium than the standard glossy black. I know they just get stuck in a shell but it's nice to do things properly haha.
I'll keep everyone updated here about when the factory ships, when the orders arrive, etc.

EDIT: All ordered. Being fabricated over two days then shipping via DHL which is 2-3 days.

Karn Silver Golem

Post by Karn Silver Golem » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:14 pm

Any news about the kits? When can we expect them?

Bluup

Post by Bluup » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:02 pm

The kits. If you ordered the first wave they’ve started shipping, if not it’s when the factory run returns. The date we’ve had for everything else after the first wave is by the 24th of Feb. As soon as they arrive we’ll start shipping.

Karn Silver Golem

Post by Karn Silver Golem » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:32 pm

Bluup wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:02 pm
The kits. If you ordered the first wave they’ve started shipping, if not it’s when the factory run returns. The date we’ve had for everything else after the first wave is by the 24th of Feb. As soon as they arrive we’ll start shipping.
Thanks for your answer. :)
I am first wave :) About how far are you with shipping the kits?

Bluup

Post by Bluup » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:31 am

Karn Silver Golem wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:32 pm
Thanks for your answer. :)
I am first wave :) About how far are you with shipping the kits?
About a quarter through looking at the numbers. Half packaged to go out and the rest being packaged over the next few days.