[ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
KonnorJ

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by KonnorJ » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:47 pm

keffcat wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:51 am
Yeah, at this point I've just had a really negative experience with GalaxyGaming overall. I ordered two precut shell kits (not even PocketPi FE kits, so it's not like they were on preorder) November of last year and haven't heard a thing about them. Here's what I did:

1. Emailed GG in December. No response.
2. Reached out to KonnorJ through PM in January. He told me to ping GG's alternate email.
3. Emailed GG through alternate email. No response.
4. Pinged KonnorJ again. "He will get back dude, please bear with us as we are very busy with emails and support while trying to get all the orders sorted."
5. Sent a DM to GG through Instagram, since they seem to be pretty active there. No response.

It's been three months and I haven't received a product that wasn't even on preorder. I don't mind if it takes 3 months to prepare the case, and I'm sure GG has its hands full with the PocketPi FEs. But not responding to messages after three months of not delivering is the worst customer service I've ever had to deal with.

I like to give small businesses the benefit of the doubt and I hate to air my grievances in a public forum, but at this point I'm beginning to think they didn't have any intention of shipping my order at all.
I can assure you GG had and has all intentions of shipping your order, please understand that these items are custom and lots of cars is taken into each and every one, we do not intend to rip anyone off or scam anyone out of their money. We would never do that and never will.

KonnorJ

Post by KonnorJ » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:50 pm

pippitto87 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:44 am

At home... Now waiting for guide :D
Glad they got there safe and sound! Enjoy!

Bluup

Post by Bluup » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:56 pm

Here is the guide. The back buttons, HDMI and Wifi will be added later this week.

https://galaxygaming.co.uk/guides/gameb ... ild-guide/

Joeblowv1

Post by Joeblowv1 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:15 pm

sorry to be a bear, but other then the resistances on the board, is there any sort of guide for like which SMD Capacitors go where?

I know Wermy had some info, I think the only bit that has me raising an eyebrow is like is there some sort of direction like C1 = part# ERJ-6DQJ3R0V etc. etc.?

I don't have a board to look over just quite yet and I'm just preemptively wondering what goes where?

Thanks again guys for all the hard work

Nikosaeder

Post by Nikosaeder » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:32 pm

It's great, that the written guide is online.

I have a question:
The battery is soldered to the board. Wermy says in his video, that he took off the JST connector because it was hitting the shoulder buttons. He mentions that the shoulder buttons board might fix it. So is it possible to use a JST connector or is direct soldering of the battery to the board inevitable?

KonnorJ

Post by KonnorJ » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:34 am

Nikosaeder wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:32 pm
It's great, that the written guide is online.

I have a question:
The battery is soldered to the board. Wermy says in his video, that he took off the JST connector because it was hitting the shoulder buttons. He mentions that the shoulder buttons board might fix it. So is it possible to use a JST connector or is direct soldering of the battery to the board inevitable?
You will be able to use a JST although it serves no purpose

KonnorJ

Post by KonnorJ » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:45 am

Joeblowv1 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:15 pm
sorry to be a bear, but other then the resistances on the board, is there any sort of guide for like which SMD Capacitors go where?

I know Wermy had some info, I think the only bit that has me raising an eyebrow is like is there some sort of direction like C1 = part# ERJ-6DQJ3R0V etc. etc.?

I don't have a board to look over just quite yet and I'm just preemptively wondering what goes where?

There's names and values written on a table on the PCB that tells you which value goes where.

Bluup

Post by Bluup » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:17 am

The main reason I solder to the board rather than using a JST connector is that most batteries don't come with the JST connectors added and it's a pain to crimp the wires and add one yourself.
The new shoulder buttons will work with a JST connector though.

jackya

Post by jackya » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:23 am

Mini Timeline for anyone else coming in:-

August 26th - Announcement of Tier 1.
Sept 9th - Tier 1 Preorder window ends
Sept 10th - Annoucement of Tier 2.
Sept 30th - Tier 2 Preorder Window Ends
25th Sept - Shipping Announcement (from 3rd Party to Galaxy Gaming) -
Issue - Behind on schedule due to Battery supplier failing.
Issue - Behind on schedule due to lens supplier failing.
October 1st - 1K Winners Competition for PocketPi Kit. (Not sure if Winners received kit)
October 8th - Getting PCB Bare Orders shipped out. (not Kits)
November 5th - Issue - lens supplier failed.
November 21st - Custom Lenses arrived.
"which means we will be able to ship your kits and builds in the next couple of weeks"
November 27th - Prepping Kits.
"As soon as the existing pre orders ship we will post more information about the next Round"
December 3rd - Round 3 Pre-order is up.
January 31 - Some sort of progress pic on Instagram (Boxes of Bare PCBS)
February 4th - More progress pics of cutting cases.

(This timeline is by no means exhaustive)

I'm in Tier 1 and still haven't received my order.

Website as of 11th February says -
"Tier 1 has now started shipping, Tier 2 will follow soon, we estimate both tiers to all be funny shipping in around 2 and half weeks TOPS! ( the week of Jan 24th Roughly mall should be out)"
Reading that is a little frustrating you have to admit? As is checking updates on Instagram, the Website, Discord, Facebook and a Sudomod forum post for updates which are pretty inconsistent. Customer communication has been pretty shocking to say the least what with multiple emails sent to a primary email address and an alternate email address (which not many people are aware of) and getting no response. DM's through Instagram are also not the way to go.

Honestly, if expectations were realistically set then I would not have been as frustrated; it's the constant disappointment with promises of shipping. If I'd have placed my order in September and been told that "due to unforeseen circumstances orders have been delayed until March" then fair enough; I would have been upset but at least I'd know what to expect. Stringing people along is not the way to go whether is was the intention or not.

Has anyone received their PocketPi Kit at all? If so, can you confirm what Order Number it was so that we can get a gauge for where GalaxyGaming are up to with the orders? Or can GG confirm what order numbers you've actioned already? It's easy to say you're shipping orders but we have no idea how many.
"Quarter of the first wave are shipped"
- How many in the first wave? How long did it take you to get a quarter done?

I'm sure GG are doing everything they possibly can to get orders out but as a customer, the delay is understandably frustrating. Customers paid in September of 2018 and reading updates like,
"please try and be patient with us here"
is a little out of order when we have been nothing but patient. I don't think GG should be surprised by people's concerns of legitimacy. Whilst I do not doubt the legitimacy myself, I could never recommend GG for anyone else going forward. Assurances from them mean very little at this point.

I'm sure the quality of the product will be amazing but it all depends on how long you're willing to wait for it.

Joeblowv1

Post by Joeblowv1 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:24 am

KonnorJ wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:45 am
Joeblowv1 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:15 pm

There's names and values written on a table on the PCB that tells you which value goes where.
Thanks Konnor, I just wanted to doublecheck. If its intuitive enough I'll figure it out, again, I don't have a board juuust yet, and thats the only part that seems the slightest bit complicated to me