Noob Tries to Make a Pii U (Wii U Retropie Gamepad)

Want to show off your own project? Want to keep a build log of it? Post it here!
BlueWeaselBreath

Re: Noob Tries to Make a Pii U (Wii U Retropie Gamepad)

Post by BlueWeaselBreath » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:23 am

Thanks, IrieMars! I have the HDMI cable listed as part #13 up there, but I don’t have a photo because I haven’t bought mine yet — because I’m not sure how long a cable to get. I see a lot that look longer than I need. I don’t want to get one too short, what length would you recommend? Also, it looks like you purchased a mini-USB port connector in addition to the regular USB-A connectors, so you could wire it to the Pi and plug your Teensy in? If so, I completely missed this part both in your build and in Banjokazooie’s and will have to go back and add it to my list here.

EDIT: I accidentally said “micro-USB” in my first version of this post.

BlastoSupreme

Post by BlastoSupreme » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:25 pm

Best of luck dude. Your posts so far are absolutely wonderful and honestly pretty professional.

sicurri

Post by sicurri » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:48 am

I have no idea why you call yourself a noob, you must have either OCD or a very meticulous job because your posts for this project are detailed and very thorough.

BlueWeaselBreath

Post by BlueWeaselBreath » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:03 pm

Cheers, all! This is my first ever electronics project. I hope maybe somebody else who is also a noob can follow along once I’m all done, hence the level of detail. I am encountering difficulty, however, figuring out how to incorporate a battery status indicator. I have inquired on another thread but no response yet — if anyone can help, please let me know!

https://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6489

KonnorJ

Post by KonnorJ » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:02 am

Look into using an ads1015

BlueWeaselBreath

Shaving Down the Gamepad Interior

Post by BlueWeaselBreath » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:22 am

EDIT: I have decided to move this step and all subsequent ones into my post on the first page, so they can be easily followed. Please see this post for the content that used to be here.
Last edited by BlueWeaselBreath on Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:55 am, edited 3 times in total.

jbenedetto84

Post by jbenedetto84 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:54 pm

hi, any update on this? I was so excited to see such a detailed tutorial and I'm worried I'll get halfway through and then be lost lol.

BlueWeaselBreath

Post by BlueWeaselBreath » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:39 am

Actually, yes! Watch this space over the next few days, as I have some updates to the process and have gotten a little farther (still not complete yet)! Thank you, jbenedetto84, for checking in and nudging me. This is exactly the reason I created this thread, so the community could hold me accountable. :)

jbenedetto84

Post by jbenedetto84 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:38 am

BlueWeaselBreath wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:39 am
Actually, yes! Watch this space over the next few days, as I have some updates to the process and have gotten a little farther (still not complete yet)! Thank you, jbenedetto84, for checking in and nudging me. This is exactly the reason I created this thread, so the community could hold me accountable. :)
Thank you for posting your build! I'm following right behind you simply because your detail in these posts is incredible.

DannyK

Post by DannyK » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:33 pm

Hey BlueWeaselBreath, I recently came across this post and was extremely excited about trying it out. I've never attempted a project like this before and I'd be lost without your posts. Thanks for all the effort you're putting into this.