[ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
Heedermann

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by Heedermann » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:52 am

galaxygaming wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:47 pm
Now on a positive note we have been working hard on getting the kits assmebled and boxed up....
This sounds and looks like good news, that some kits are boxed up and shipped.
But my joy is limited: Half, because of the past experience, and half, because you did not seem to have learned from your mistakes.

What do I mean by that?
There's this message on your instagram account.
galaxygaminguk (on instagram) wrote: the kits should be here any day now really.
You're playing with hopes and dreams of people like with soap bubbles.
You write that the kits will arrive ANY DAY NOW. This implies, that the factory has already send the kits a few days ago and that you have received a shipping confirmation from makerfabs.

But you did not mention at all (neither on instagram nor here on this forum), that you got a shipping confirmation from them.

So this instagram comment of yours raises some questions:
(1) Were do you got your confidence from, that the kits will arrive any day now?
(2) What does mean "any day now" to YOU? 3 Days? 5 Days? 1 Week? 2 Weeks?
(3) Suppose the kits actually arrive next week. Are you finished with cutting all the shells for tier 1, tier 2 and tier 3? Or do you still have shells to cut?

galaxygaming

Post by galaxygaming » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:59 am

Heedermann wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:52 am
galaxygaming wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:47 pm
Now on a positive note we have been working hard on getting the kits assmebled and boxed up....
This sounds and looks like good news, that some kits are boxed up and shipped.
But my joy is limited: Half, because of the past experience, and half, because you did not seem to have learned from your mistakes.

What do I mean by that?
There's this message on your instagram account.
galaxygaminguk (on instagram) wrote: the kits should be here any day now really.
You're playing with hopes and dreams of people like with soap bubbles.
You write that the kits will arrive ANY DAY NOW. This implies, that the factory has already send the kits a few days ago and that you have received a shipping confirmation from makerfabs.

But you did not mention at all (neither on instagram nor here on this forum), that you got a shipping confirmation from them.

So this instagram comment of yours raises some questions:
(1) Were do you got your confidence from, that the kits will arrive any day now?
(2) What does mean "any day now" to YOU? 3 Days? 5 Days? 1 Week? 2 Weeks?
(3) Suppose the kits actually arrive next week. Are you finished with cutting all the shells for tier 1, tier 2 and tier 3? Or do you still have shells to cut?
Hey dude, can i grab your order number, here or PM is fine, so I can give you an order status and put any of your concerns to rest.

Heedermann

Post by Heedermann » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:37 am

galaxygaming wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:59 am
Hey dude, can i grab your order number, here or PM is fine, so I can give you an order status and put any of your concerns to rest.
I don't want a PM. There was a public statement from you on your instagram page: "they should be here any day now really"
I am sure, that everyone else, who is waiting, is interested in an answer as well.
If you want to "put any of my concerns to rest", you can answer the following two questions (because those two factors seem to be the most time consuming):
(1) Have you got a shipping confirmation from makerfabs?
(2) Have you finished cutting shells for all three tiers?

If I get an honest answer for those two questions (without any promises, which contain any unspecific time indicators as "soon", "any day now", "for real"), then my concerns will be put down to rest and I will wait quiet and patiently for the next 2 months (regardless of the answer).

P.S.: And as I mentioned earlier. Please stop calling me or anyone else you don't personally know "dude".
https://www.quora.com/Is-calling-someon ... disrespect

Heedermann

Post by Heedermann » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:29 pm

There's one last thing I have to say.

I don't want to discourage you in any means. As far as I can tell from photos and the video of wermy you created a great product.
Also as far as I can tell from your answers you seem to be a very nice person. You want to create and deliver a quality product and you want it for everyone to be as simple as possible. You created a project, which makes it for a lot of people possible to get a GameBoy Zero, which would usually be put off, because creating a normal GameBoy Zero with all its soldering and wiring etc is far to difficult for them (and I include myself to those people).

This is/was a huge project for you and your team, because it's only a hobby of yours. And I am sure, that you learned a lot of new things in the past few months. I hope that you have/had nevertheless some fun with this project and I hope this won't be your last project.
If I am allowed to give you some advise. As soon as you are finished, take some rest and think about everything what went well and also what did not went that well. Maybe create a poll and get some feedback from people, what they liked, what they don't liked, what can be done better next time and how can this be done better next time. Take the opportunity to think about, how your project next time can run more smoothly. And I am sure, that you will here a lot of nice feedback as soon as everything finished.

Even if you don't answer my questions, I won't bother you anymore. I want you to have fun with your project and I want you to know, that we appreciate your hard work, which you put into this project. So take this as a small apology on my part for my prior wall of texts.

Bluup

Post by Bluup » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:38 pm

Just an update on myself for the image on github, I did update it however I replaced the existing release as it wasn't anything major. I will be adding better HDMI support so I will do a proper release and notify everyone on here :)

I've just reviewed the messages from Heedermann and I appreciate the constructive feedback. I think we've already made a list of things for next time and also got a better feel for working with suppliers and how they do business and the time involved from ordering to them being produced and shipped to us. We're hoping in future we can cut out the pre-order so we can sell products directly that we have in stock. It's definitely been a steep learning curve.

ekilla

Post by ekilla » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:42 am

For those of you wondering about the status and not following Galaxygaming on Instagram, 17 hours ago this was posted:
2019-03-05_174130.jpg
2019-03-05_174130.jpg (143.32 KiB) Viewed 17123 times

TeeReQs

Post by TeeReQs » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:15 pm

Good to see!

ekilla

Post by ekilla » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:53 pm

fresh post:
2019-03-11_215039.jpg
2019-03-11_215039.jpg (184.83 KiB) Viewed 16873 times

ekilla

Post by ekilla » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:22 am

Man I really hope you get that on course very soon.
6 1/2 month ago I paid for the pre order that was originaly meant to ship nearly 6 month ago. To be exact, 10 more days and you are 6 month behind the first given schedule.
Waiting sucks.

Way more sucks that it still looks like I need to post your Instagram updates here, since you don´t do it even if you said you would update us too.
I can only asume that a huge amount of your orders came out of this community, so I really expected you would always update us first or at least at the same time.

And at this point the possibility is kind of huge that I and a lot of others have to pay an extra amount on top because of the brexit and unknown customs fees and taxes afterwards. This sucks too.

BTW
Are you still making Kits from Tier 1 by hand and send them out?
Bluup said on Feb 11 that Tier 1 was about 50 Kits and you would be through 25 of them + you would ship more of them in that week.
So when this was written I again was kind of hoping you would finish the remaining 25 and I would get my one sometime soon.
I mean we are talking about 25 minus the ones that should ship after this post. How many are you able to finish by hand per week?
Or did you stop that?

Thanks

Jepp another annoying post, I know. But I can´t help it, I can´t wait for it. Every day I hope there is a delivery note in my email because you finished my one by hand too.

Bluup

Post by Bluup » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:13 pm

Hey! Thanks for posting the instagram updates here. I'm sure you can appreciate it's a lot to do currently and around our jobs but there should be no more set backs as we've finally had a test unit and they work fine! Which is excellent news. Some good luck there.

In regards to the kist we sent: we sent out 50 kits that were made by hand and the rest are just waiting on the factory, and they're currently being made, with a shipping date to us imminent. We're currently prepping to send them out as soon as they arrive. I'll post as soon as I have more info for you.

Hopefully Brexit is delayed too but from the info I can find it won't immediately affect shipping, GG has signed up with a courier service so we can sent batteries without them being seized and destroyed as we had with a few orders.