Securing Kite's USB/HDMI Board - Recommendations?

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
raiderj

Securing Kite's USB/HDMI Board - Recommendations?

Post by raiderj » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:27 pm

I'm slowly piecing together my first GBZ using Kite's board, and overall it's been really fun. However, I'm not very confident in how the USB/HDMI bracket is secured. I just have one screw on the bottom of the board by the HDMI port, but nothing in the top by the USB. The larger case screw that would go through this shouldn't be enough.

Is there a printable bracket or something I could use to secure the top part of the board?

DieselDummy

Re: Securing Kite's USB/HDMI Board - Recommendations?

Post by DieselDummy » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:25 pm

That top screw should be sufficient, provided you have the correct screen bracket or installed the right screw post correctly. Once closed and tightened, the shell will hold the top of that PCB just fine. If you are still having troubles, please include some photos. That will make it easier for any of us to help you. And please post again with your findings.

raiderj

Post by raiderj » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:41 pm

Picture of the board below. The bottom of the board is held in with a screw, but the top is not. I think the case screw might not be enough? Curious if others have a solution that they've found. Also, do most people secure Hoolyhoo's bracket with glue/epoxy?

DieselDummy

Post by DieselDummy » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:18 pm

Yes it will be okay like that. The HoolyHoo bracket will push it down and sandwich the board between the two pieces of the shell. I built three so far using kites circuit sword and have not had a problem. Personally, I use epoxy to secure the screen in place. Be careful not to build it up too much around the edges or the sides of the screen bracket, too much build-up will make it tough to fit the mainboard in flush