[ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
Karn Silver Golem

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by Karn Silver Golem » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:00 pm

I tried to flash the .zip directly to my SD, but sadly it didn‘t work. I always get an error message at 99%...

Heedermann

Post by Heedermann » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:54 pm

Which operating system are you using?
Which application are you using to unzip the file?
How big is your SD card?

Heedermann

Post by Heedermann » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:24 am

Maybe this info helps with the zip file:
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=7701

Karn Silver Golem

Post by Karn Silver Golem » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:43 am

Heedermann wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:54 pm
Which operating system are you using?
Which application are you using to unzip the file?
How big is your SD card?
I tried downloading the file multiple times and with the 15th or so try it worked just fine :/

Bluup

Post by Bluup » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:09 am

I will get a new zip up next week after some testing with it. I've heard multiple people have issues. I'll let you know here when it's up for feedback.

Joeblowv1

Post by Joeblowv1 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:20 am

Hey All,

Just two quick questions. Just recently completed my build (I'll add photos later if anyone wants, its relatively plain looking lol) but I wanted to ask a few things.

Noticed my pi seems to be freezing sorta often. I'll load a snes game (which I know the pi zero can somewhat struggle with, have been testing on dracula X snes) and when i go into the retroarch menu to fiddle with settings it freezes pretty quickly. Just wondering if I should try to reflash the system image to rectify?

Second, does anyone know how to toggle the battery/speaker indicators in the top right? My sound works just fine, but I have the speaker with the red line through it in the top right which, to be honest, is rather annoying. My battery monitoring doesn't seem to be working, I only have the blank battery icon, but I can live with that due to some issues I had with my build (everything else seems to be working fine though) so I was wondering if I could just turn those off as they get annoying when playing.

Other than that, all is well here for a "board only build" any help/feedback would be appreciated on these two quick items!

Heedermann

Post by Heedermann » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:22 am

Joeblowv1 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:20 am
Hey All,

Just two quick questions. Just recently completed my build (I'll add photos later if anyone wants, its relatively plain looking lol) but I wanted to ask a few things.

[...]
Hey,

I can't help with your issues, because I have not received my FE yet. But I am interested in some pictures of your build. :)

Bluup

Post by Bluup » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:05 am

Hey Joe, I'll send you a DM rather than clutter up the main forum, I'm putting together a FAQ so anything learnt will be in that :)

mattogodoy

Post by mattogodoy » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:06 am

galaxygaming wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:58 am
Update from makerfabs:
Boards shipping to us mid next week.
Hi guys, any news about this?

AntFJ

Post by AntFJ » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:33 pm

hey folks - added some STL files here. The ones supplied didn't fit that well - maybe it was my printer... These fit snugly without having to cut anything to get the button wells to fit. the screen brackets are tight and shouldn't need glue.
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=7761

I'm also trying to figure out if there are any unused GPIO pins on the pi so that I can add a separate mode button in the empty power jack at the bottom of the pocket. It looks like GPIO 23 and 9 are unused (as far as I can confirm on the multimeter). I tried editing the keys.cfg file and it causes the pi to freeze on bootup with no battery/wifi overlay showing. Emulation station doesn't respond to any button presses but the pi still works via SSH. I'm able to change the mode button to another existing button GPIO (a button, x button etc) with no issues. If you can provide some insight the conversation is located here:
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=7759