Mintypi package issues

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
TheHappiestBug

Mintypi package issues

Post by TheHappiestBug » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:43 am

So I just ordered new silicon buttons, and they arrive in the mail in their little rectangle shipping package.

I flip the package open, take my scissors and cut open the back
SpoilerShow
IMG-3757.JPG
IMG-3757.JPG (2.59 MiB) Viewed 6008 times
Pull apart the package and......
IMG-3756.JPG
IMG-3756.JPG (2.2 MiB) Viewed 6008 times
Oops.

Anyone have similar issues with placement of parts in packaging?
More importantly, is there anyway to stick silicon back together? I've heard it's basically impossible, but I need to repair these buttons.

LilTrublMakr

Re: Mintypi package issues

Post by LilTrublMakr » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:18 am

One rule of thumb I use is always feel where the parts are in the packaging. When opening boxes, I use a craft knife and set it to just get through the tape. Envelopes like that, I always cut the very top seam where it folds over unless I know that I wont be cutting in to anything else.

But yeah, you are more than likely going to need to order a new set of buttons.

RogerX

Re: Unfortunate scissor mistake

Post by RogerX » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:40 am

Dude, that's an unfortunate mistake to make. :( Would recommend you order a new set.

Also, "Mintypi package issues" is pretty unfair. The items were properly packaged and shipped, right? I highly doubt wermy is pre-cutting buttons before shipping.
-RogerX
Instagram & Twitter: @iamroot ( http://instagram.com/iamroot )
sudomod Discord: Roger the Bananaman

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:40 am

The way that this thread is initially worded suggests that you're blaming Wermy or Wermy's packaging for you damaging your buttons by cutting opening the packaging with a sharp instrument. This is similar to ordering a fancy new desk char and opening the box with a razor blade to find that when you open the box on your fresh new chair you cut the material on the chair. Always use care when opening things.

TheHappiestBug

Post by TheHappiestBug » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:52 am

RogerX wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:40 am
Also, "Mintypi package issues" is pretty unfair. The items were properly packaged and shipped, right?
dryja123 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:40 am
The way that this thread is initially worded suggests that you're blaming Wermy or Wermy's packaging for you damaging your buttons
Yeah, I hear all that, and the thread title isn't the most dignified, guess I just wanted a way to rant. I don't blame Wermy, that dude's packing and shipping hundreds of these things, but I guess I'm just peeved about the situation. I opened the package in what apperaed the most straightforward, obvious way, the way I've done it forever, and now I'm 13$ poorer.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:36 am

This is kind of a pointless topic to rant about a mistake you made, now the proper thing would be to contact Wermy and tell him of the situation you got yourself into and see if he can help you out obviously not for free since it was not his fault. Lastly why is this even posted in the support section?

~Thread Closed~
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:52 pm

TheHappiestBug wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:52 am

Yeah, I hear all that, and the thread title isn't the most dignified, guess I just wanted a way to rant. I don't blame Wermy, that dude's packing and shipping hundreds of these things, but I guess I'm just peeved about the situation. I opened the package in what apperaed the most straightforward, obvious way, the way I've done it forever, and now I'm 13$ poorer.
Your method of opening soft padded envelopes may be different from mine. I've damaged things and learned the hard way too. Now I open from the top cutting up at the seam. I don't cut into the package I cut away.

Like I said above, being out $13 is better than being out $300+ on a fancy new gaming chair if you used a box cutter to open that package.