YaYa's first GBZ - Kite's SAIO - Big Battery - NO Glue - Custom 3D parts - DC Jack - minimum case mod

Show off your completed Game Boy Zero, or post your build logs here!
FIZZY

Re: YaYa's first GBZ - Kite's SAIO - Big Battery - NO Glue - Custom 3D parts - DC Jack - minimum case mod

Post by FIZZY » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:27 am

HoolyHoo wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:00 pm
FIZZY wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:47 pm
Hi, I am using a pi zero w with kites CCL
I went through the power optimization and my pi is not working well.
I did it though ssh and then saw the tool. I installed it.
If i click on anything it with be weird and not do anything.
In loading screen i will see exit statues of 127.
Then if i go into any menu under retro pie it it will freeze and i need to shut it down.
Also it is just acting weird.
PLEASE help. I have a flight on Sunday.

video https://youtu.be/c1FD1OuoY4g
At this point it’s probably best to start with a clean image from Kites github. No telling what exactly happened.
Thanks. That is what I did. Everything looks ok except for my video splash screen. It has like 1 frame per sec and no sound. Do you know how to fix this. It also does not show the ES logo.
Video: https://youtu.be/IBIzHWnSVB0
beep boop bop

infinitLoop

Re: YaYa's first GBZ - Kite's SAIO - Big Battery - NO Glue - Custom 3D parts - DC Jack - minimum case mod

Post by infinitLoop » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:05 am

so, this might be related, or not, but i was just trying to do a gbz build with a zero (just a regular one, not a kite build), and it would boot to ES, but when tried to load any game, the system would freeze completely. tried putting a video splash screen up, and it would freeze on that... my ultimate conclusion was that the memory was bad. tried multiple sd cards and different builds of retropie and they all did the same thing, and the sd cards would work fine on other pis. ended up desoldering it and putting a different one in, and that worked as expected.

so maybe your pi is just bad or its memory is/went bad? do you have another one you could do some testing on?

andershp

Post by andershp » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:27 am

This thread is pretty cool!
Do people generally add these power saving scripts to their new Kite CM3 based builds, with success?
Or is it primarily meant for pi Zeros? I guess every handheld machine benefits from power saving scripts?
My "Bubble Bobble" Themed Bartop Arcade: https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/107 ... cade-build

DieselDummy

Post by DieselDummy » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:51 am

andershp wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:27 am
This thread is pretty cool!
Do people generally add these power saving scripts to their new Kite CM3 based builds, with success?
Or is it primarily meant for pi Zeros? I guess every handheld machine benefits from power saving scripts?
I've used it on 2 CM3 builds now with great success. One build had a 2300mah battery and still got about 4-5 hrs gameplay