[ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
666dsa666

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by 666dsa666 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:34 am

Order #2352 here, can I please get an update ?

Just an approximation is ok, such as

Order 22XX > March 1-15
Order 23XX > March 15-30

And I'll be happy to wait

Kenneth

Post by Kenneth » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:02 am

Good luck, I'm still waiting for #18xx

pozooo

Post by pozooo » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:12 am

Kenneth wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:02 am
@Kenneth are you tier 1 or 2? :shock:

Kenneth

Post by Kenneth » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:55 am

pozooo wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:12 am
Kenneth wrote:
I ordered on the last day of tier 1, back in September

Zero101

Post by Zero101 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:20 am

Kenneth wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:55 am
pozooo wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:12 am
Kenneth wrote:
I ordered on the last day of tier 1, back in September
Pretty much the same boat here. Ordered a full kit on Sept. 6th of 2018. Still no word on when I can expect mine to ship. Even emailed for an update a month or so ago and got no response. Very frustrating.

ekilla

Post by ekilla » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:47 am

Pre ordered on the 30th of August, 18xx too. Heading to 8 month of waiting for it. -.- I know there was a lot of trouble and a lot of work, but these guys clearly don´t make it easy to wait. Since I still think most of their Order came out of Sudomod I expected the best and first informations over here and I asked for that several times. But stiill, nope.

Post here on the 12th was:
"Boards have arrived! Should be easy going from now, just test, pack and ship."

and at the same time on instagram it says
"So over the next few weeks I shall be testing and packaging batches of them to keep things moving as fast as possible. I decided this way was the best way so then there is a constant flow of them going out rather than waiting and doing them all in one go."

So I don´t expect anything this month or even in may, to not be fucked up. Again.

Olywa123

Post by Olywa123 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:55 pm

I honestly don't think I have ever (in 30 years of buying experience) had a transaction as frustrating as this one.

I'm another who has visited frequently while waiting for my two orders (tier 2 and 3) and watched requests for updates/timelines frequently ignored. I've seen posts here telling customers to go to instagram for updates and posts there telling them to come here. I'm sure I even recall seeing an upset customer on instagram being called a 'hater' or such like because they were frustrated at the lack of communication "you can't please everyone" or something.

All three tiers were initially supposed to be done by February, I appreciate there were some unforeseen issues but here we are 2 months later and folk still have no idea when they will receive the goods they paid for. The order page timeline hasn't even been updated. It is absolutely ridiculous.

People are not upset with the delays, the are frustrated at the lack of communication - come on guys we just want to know when we will receive them. Seeing that someone is still waiting on an 18xx order from last year I genuinely believe I'll be lucky to get my items by July/August at this rate.

AntFJ

Post by AntFJ » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:13 pm

Bottom line is they advertise as a company and they are not. He stated he builds these as a hobby AFTER his full time job. It takes me roughly 2-3 hours to create a build from start to finish. How could he possibly have time for 100 orders (guessing here). Kits are one thing but taking folks money for a completed product when it is your hobby is a huge foul. I've seen it before where vendors are supported by forum moderators and end up either walking away with thousands of dollars or take forever to deliver. It's happened several times on Toyota land cruiser forums.... and those were items that cost over $800 each.

Time to start hiring employees or stick to selling parts and kits on the weekend.

I got my pocket fe boards many weeks ago... they seem like nice folks so I'm sure you'll get your consoles... its just going to take a very long time. :(

Deviate

Post by Deviate » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:16 pm

Is it too late to get a refund?

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:05 pm

Hey guys,
I’ve kept an eye on this thread but stayed out of it so far because the issue of delays and all that is between Galaxy Gaming and their customers, but I felt like I needed to chime in when I read this:
I've seen it before where vendors are supported by forum moderators and end up either walking away with thousands of dollars or take forever to deliver.
They did send me a kit to do a build video with, but that was the extent of my involvement in it. My take on the situation is GG simply bit off more than they could chew, as an honest mistake. To me they seem like decent, honest guys and at this point are just doing their best to make good on their preorders.

That said, I do think they could (and should) do a better job of updating folks in this thread. I will say I’ve seen a noticeable uptick in activity recently on their Instagram account showing units and kits going out the door; so if you’re on IG I’d recommend following them there.
ImageImageImageImage