[ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
Olywa123

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by Olywa123 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:40 pm

KonnorJ wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:36 pm
Regarding prebuilts, I'm told these will take a little longer than the kits and they are being done in order of purchase so if you ordered yours earlier it'll be shipped sooner.
Thanks KonnorJ, I do appreciate you liaising and posting updates, unfortunately this statement gives us no better idea as to when we might receive pre-builts since we don't know how many orders there are for them or how many he is aiming to ship per week.

thebonuslevel

Post by thebonuslevel » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:53 pm

I was wondering when this was all going to come to a head, and it looks like it is. Everything I could say about why I am upset about this situation has already been said by me and others in this thread. I will say, out of the dozens of group buys I have done on multiple different hobbynerd forums this is easily the most mishandled one I have ever been a part of.

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:03 pm

dryja123 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:58 pm
My tier 1 kit was shipped out this week too.
All, I've been lurking in the shadows here and you can see by my quote above that my pre-order shipped on March 14th. Well, I never got my order because when it was posted it was posted missing the destination country on the shipping label, according to the DPD website. I've tried contacting the GG owner a few times and he hasn't gotten back to me either. I find myself having to send several follow-up messages to the GG owner and seldom hear back.

Despite the deplorable communication by the GG owner, I really have to tip my hat to Bluup and KonnorJ here. I think they've done a fantastic job trying to keep everyone informed but at the end of the day they are 2 guys who pledged their support to GG and they have very limited control because they do not control the physical product, the GG owner does. I do 110% believe that all kits are going to be shipped out, and mine will be sorted out eventually, but the communication by the owner of GG has been shameful and needs improvement.

Not that it makes anyone feel any better I had ordered my kit 15 minutes after they first ever went up for sale and even before it was posted on the forums. I pledged my money as support, as I do with all of the other fabulous hardworking makers here; Wermy, Helder, Kite, MoosePR, and everyone else I've supported.

Heedermann

Post by Heedermann » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:55 am

KonnorJ wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:38 am
kits shipping out within the next 2 weeks!!!
Hello everyone,

I'm here to tell you, that the kits won't be shipped out in the next 2 weeks. It will take 2 till 4 months (maye even more) till all kits are out.

It's because he still have to test hundreds of boards. Plus he has to cut hundreds of shells. Cutting shells is very time consuming. I asked, if all shells are cut, a few times here. And this question was ignored over and over and over and over again. Which means, they do not have cut the shells. Which means a lot more months of waiting. 18xx haven't been delivered yet. And there's probably more than 25xx.

I can get the RetroFlag GPi Case faster.

pozooo

Post by pozooo » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:18 am

Come on, lets have some faith. ”Within two weeks” is a clear time window for the kits. I just hope they can keep it.

Heedermann

Post by Heedermann » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:33 am

pozooo wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:18 am
Come on, lets have some faith. ”Within two weeks” is a clear time window for the kits. I just hope they can keep it.
I'm being realistic. The kits have arrived 2 weeks ago. And not even half of the kits were shipped. Maybe not even a quarter.
Now they expect from me, that they ship all kits within the next 2 weeks. I would only believe that, if they would have shipped half of the kits in the last 2 weeks.

They not to learn to be more realistic. Instead they're doing the same thing over and over again.
They even use the same words over and over again.
Look at their website, which says:
"Tier 1 has now started shipping, Tier 2 will follow soon, we estimate both tiers to all be funny shipping in around 2 and half weeks TOPS!"

Those words and time span sound familiar, don't they?

Warp_Man

Post by Warp_Man » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:11 am

I hope soon.

My Paypal window of 180 days refund is up in a month.

I can't risk £230.

Will probably ask for a refund before this date.

Would be happy to order again after, but the way things have gone, I think its too risky to lose that protection. Seen it happen so many times before on the internet, even when dealing with good, honest people - which I beleive GG are.

Heedermann

Post by Heedermann » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:13 am

Warp_Man wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:11 am
I hope soon.

My Paypal window of 180 days refund is up in a month.

I can't risk £230.

Will probably ask for a refund before this date.

Would be happy to order again after, but the way things have gone, I think its too risky to lose that protection. Seen it happen so many times before on the internet, even when dealing with good, honest people - which I beleive GG are.
Dito

ekilla

Post by ekilla » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:39 am

I just got a shipping notice. Hyped again. :)

Shocktrooper

Post by Shocktrooper » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:08 pm

ekilla wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:39 am
I just got a shipping notice. Hyped again. :)
That's awesome dude! Thanks for letting us all know. Any chance you could let us all know what tier you were in or when you ordered it? (sorry if you mentioned it already in the last 38 pages!)

On a side note, obviously tempers are a little high at the moment but do I think that it's just been a case of unexpected delays and optimistic estimates for the various stages of the product. This isn't an exact science and can be difficult especially if you've not had much experience with it before. I also think that this if this product turns out as promised, it'll be superior to the RetroFlag GPi Case and possibly one of the best Gameboy Pi solutions out there. At least in this form factor, i'm still very tempted to make a mintyPi!

I think at this stage we are best placed sitting tight until the 10th of May (two weeks after KonnorJ's post). Hopefully by then a bunch of people will let us know they got their shipping notice and most if not all orders will be out. I think it will be worth the wait! :D