[ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
mattogodoy

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by mattogodoy » Tue May 14, 2019 9:32 am

Oh god... my order number is 1887. I'm 40 kits away from you. It seems I'll have to keep waiting...

Bluup

Post by Bluup » Tue May 14, 2019 10:55 am

Just to allay fears, we aren't going to be shipping kits with uncut shells, I was thinking out loud but it's been good to gauge response. I hear you about updates. I know he's busy and I'm sure he'll weigh in later but what I can do is used our shared spreadsheet and get him to keep it updated so I give updates about what orders have been shipped or at least the number and keep you updated that way.

Shocktrooper

Post by Shocktrooper » Tue May 14, 2019 11:30 am

Bluup wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 10:55 am
Just to allay fears, we aren't going to be shipping kits with uncut shells, I was thinking out loud but it's been good to gauge response. I hear you about updates. I know he's busy and I'm sure he'll weigh in later but what I can do is used our shared spreadsheet and get him to keep it updated so I give updates about what orders have been shipped or at least the number and keep you updated that way.
Thanks for your replies bluup. It's a little alarming that order 1887 hasn't been shipped yet, especially considering my order is 2447. Hopefully Rich will be able to let us know how many he's been able to send out since the boards arrived to give an idea of timescales. Also I'm assuming those order numbers are not specific to this product and may be orders for different items. It would be helpful to get an idea of how many kits were ordered in total and how many are left to ship.

Given that the hold up seems to be on the shells, is it safe to assume all board only orders have been sent?

Bluup

Post by Bluup » Tue May 14, 2019 12:23 pm

I wouldn't worry too much about order numbers, there was a lot of pre soldered i2s and black boards that went out that make up the bulk of orders. You are correct that all the board only and i2s only have been shipped. Once that spreadsheet I have access to is updated I can start giving you more detailed answers.

galaxygaming

Post by galaxygaming » Tue May 14, 2019 2:30 pm

Hi,

First of all I want to apologize for the delays that this project has been cursed with so far, I also want to thank people for the patience they have shown and given so far, and that if you are waiting for a reply to an email or anything I will get to you eventually. It’s been a bit overwhelming trying to get back to everyone in a timely manner and then do the task in hand that people are enquiring about, as I do also work a 9-5 in the real world which has had an impact on me being able to get back to people as fast as I’d like and which obviously meant that was taking time away from doing builds and kits.

That being said I want to be totally open with you about the current status and the delays with the project. The shell cutting has indeed taken WAY longer than I had planned out for, which is totally on me and I take full responsibility for. As mentioned earlier my 9-5 has been taking up a lot of time as of late, so when I’m home I try to get through as many message as I can and then crack on with kits and builds but by this time it’s usually pretty late.

That coupled with due to few PayPal cases created I was contacted by PayPal and they have frozen the account which has the funds in for the shipping and packaging parts etc.. needed to complete everything. They have also imposed a system where they are taking 40% of everything that goes into that account and holding it from the date of the transaction for 90 days and that is going on for a duration of 180 days. I’ve had failed call backs from their merchant review team to resolve this with me, It’s now at the point where I am dealing with the financial ombudsman who regulate PayPal over this and the other sanctions they have put on me. As a result I have been having to pay for the shipping costs and the packaging parts, and refunds for the last few weeks out of my 9-5 wages.

Bluup did mention about if some of you wouldn’t mind about having your shell cut so that would mean your order does get sent out a bit faster, this was for anyone who doesn't mind and wants to do that part themselves. Anyone who wishes for this can just contact one of us and we can arrange that. Otherwise you will get the cut shell as we appreciate the offer of a full kit was what appealed to people.

In order to try keep you all up to date as I appreciate not all of you have Instagram and have not been able to see any updates. I will be popping on here once a week to give more updates for you all as the order numbers don’t really follow as Bluup said a lot of PCB and i2s and other orders were in with all these. Me and Bluup do have a spreadsheet I shall be updating which should be able to give people a better idea of when to expect their order.

I know this is not ideal and or will make some of you unhappier for that I apologize, but I am endeavouring to get these out as fast as I possibly can, I will also be posting updates on whats going off with the PayPal situation, as once thats lifted it will help a great deal with the speed of getting these out.

Rich

Zero101

Post by Zero101 » Tue May 14, 2019 2:41 pm

I genuinely appreciate the work you are doing and your ongoing efforts, especially in light of the Paypal issues you have had to deal with. I can't even imagine what a huge undertaking this has all been. I think it is commendable that you have kept pushing through and are still working towards getting these orders filled. Thank you for that.

That said, do you have any estimates on when orders will be filled going forward? Based on a lot of the posts here, I think everyone would be reassured if you could give a realistic timeline for when work will be completed. 10 orders a week? 10 orders a month? Will it be 3 months or 6 months or 2 years before all of these orders have been shipped?

Any information you can give to your customers on *when* they can expect to see the product would go a long way, I think.

galaxygaming

Post by galaxygaming » Tue May 14, 2019 3:02 pm

Hey Zero101,

Thank you for being understanding it means a lot. I will make sure that everyone who has ordered an FE item gets it.

Of course, bare in mind these are estimates Id like to realistically hit between 10-20 orders a week, which should mean that in a couple of months they should all be out. I know I have given time scales in the past that have not been met so if anything comes up which will affect this in any way I will be sure to get the update on here for you all ASAP. Along with the updates on the PayPal situation.

Cheers

Rich

Zero101

Post by Zero101 » Tue May 14, 2019 3:08 pm

That seems reasonable and I appreciate the update. Thank you

AntFJ

Post by AntFJ » Tue May 14, 2019 6:09 pm

galaxygaming wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 2:30 pm
That coupled with due to few PayPal cases created I was contacted by PayPal and they have frozen the account which has the funds in for the shipping and packaging parts etc.. needed to complete everything. They have also imposed a system where they are taking 40% of everything that goes into that account and holding it from the date of the transaction for 90 days and that is going on for a duration of 180 days. I’ve had failed call backs from their merchant review team to resolve this with me, It’s now at the point where I am dealing with the financial ombudsman who regulate PayPal over this and the other sanctions they have put on me. As a result I have been having to pay for the shipping costs and the packaging parts, and refunds for the last few weeks out of my 9-5 wages.
Rut roh

smarm

Post by smarm » Wed May 15, 2019 3:47 am

Rich,

Thank you for coming on here and responding. Are you not shipping kits out in the order that they were placed? Order numbers after mine with shells have been received. it doesn’t make any sense and the muddying levels of poor communication and transparency leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

I’m sorry to hear you’re having issues with PayPal, but as I’ve asked privately multiple times, and now once again publicly, I would like a refund for order 1822. Thank you.