[ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
Warp_Man

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by Warp_Man » Wed May 15, 2019 11:24 am

wermy wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 11:03 am
Guys, it's understandably tense in here, but let's try to keep it civil.
People aren't getting refunds. As you said in an earlier post, if that happens - we have a problem. 11 days since I requested mine.

Bluup

Post by Bluup » Wed May 15, 2019 11:30 am

I understand that and I think it's a Paypal issue as stated by GG in his post and I think he's trying to rectify it. Your money is safe, PayPal has frozen the GG account, the money is in there, once that issue is resolved the refunds can be processed from it.

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Wed May 15, 2019 11:45 am

Warp_Man wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 11:24 am
People aren't getting refunds. As you said in an earlier post, if that happens - we have a problem. 11 days since I requested mine.
Yes, and Rich already got on here and explained what the problem is with that. Trying to parse out (i.e guessing) what their profit margin is and calling "bullshit" is not constructive though and is only adding to the tension.
ImageImageImageImage

ekilla

Post by ekilla » Wed May 15, 2019 2:14 pm

I think the price of that kit is perfectly fine. No, it´s a really good and fair price. Especially comparing it to trying to make a GBPZ on your own or in comparisson to a DMG GBZ.

I hope there is a margin and all of this wasn´t for nothing for GG.
I don´t care if it is 10, 20, 30, 40 or even 100 bucks. For me this complete kit has just a fantastic price tag.

Bluub I´ll send you a pm with an offer for help for free. Please check it and write back if you think this can help speed things up.

thebonuslevel

Post by thebonuslevel » Wed May 15, 2019 2:57 pm

Keep on it buddy. Until then, a lil bit of playful teasing.
Attachments
Total-Recall-clip.jpg
Total-Recall-clip.jpg (26.19 KiB) Viewed 14963 times

smarm

Post by smarm » Wed May 15, 2019 6:35 pm

I think civility is important and I hope my posts have been. However in the face of no transparency about order fulfilment (why have later orders then mine(with cut shells) shipped), communication or even acknowledgement of receipt of communication, it still is quite perplexing.

I'm at a loss as to why the shells are now the rate limiting factor, in this saga. The 6+ months of delays related to factors outside of the difficult of the customisation of the shells. This was always going to be an issue. Delaying the inevitable works seems to have backfired spectacularly.

pozooo

Post by pozooo » Thu May 16, 2019 2:09 am

I also think the price of the kit is perfectly fine. It takes a many steps and lot of work to prepare this set. This is a semi prebuild kit that is supposed to be relatively easy project to build. (fingers crossed because i haven't got to build one yet). And of course they are making a profit with this. It would be a bad business sense not to. They were selling relatively cheap bare pcbs to ones that wanted to build from scratch

Problem now is that the production line roll is not perfectly planned as there are a lot of orders and limited time and labor resources to cut the cases. I suggest you maybe able to speed up the process using both cnc and cutting manually the parts that are slower with cnc. Another labor related problem are the fully prebuild ones that take the time from cutting manually so you probably need more helping hands finish everything.

For the future projects, i believe there are factories in China that can do the modifications to the cases and help with the use of resources. I doubt it cost that much.

I hope you solve the problems you are having and get these products to our hands as fast as possible.

Heedermann

Post by Heedermann » Thu May 16, 2019 5:30 am

Heedermann wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:52 am
Suppose the kits actually arrive next week.
Are you finished with cutting all the shells for tier 1, tier 2 and tier 3? Or do you still have shells to cut?
Heedermann wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:37 am
(2) Have you finished cutting shells for all three tiers?
Heedermann wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:53 pm
Hey,
are the shells for all three tiers cut? Or are you still cutting till the boards arrive?
Heedermann wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:46 am
And I asked this a few times and this question has always been ignored: Are you finished with cutting shells or are you still cutting?
Heedermann wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:55 am
KonnorJ wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:38 am
kits shipping out within the next 2 weeks!!!
Plus he has to cut hundreds of shells. Cutting shells is very time consuming. I asked, if all shells are cut, a few times here. And this question was ignored over and over and over and over again. Which means, they do have to cut the shells.
Heedermann wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:09 pm

Avoiding the question about the shells again?

1. Have you cut all shells or are you still cutting?
KonnorJ wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 3:53 pm
Did you consider the fact that the reason we are saying two weeks tops is because that is in fact the answer, you can see that the orders are in fact shipping right now so id appreciate it if you took a step back and ended this ongoing rant that you seen to be on
Heedermann wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 11:35 am
24 kits per week
Heedermann wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:14 am
Oh, I didn't saw the 2 kits at the bottom left corner. Let's round that up and make it 30 kits per week.
pozooo wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:46 am
You maybe right about the 30 kits in those pics, but that may not be the whole truth. In a week? i doubt that. We'll have to confirm that with GG.
galaxygaming wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 2:30 pm
That being said I want to be totally open with you about the current status and the delays with the project. The shell cutting has indeed taken WAY longer than I had planned out for, ...
galaxygaming wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 3:02 pm
Of course, bare in mind these are estimates Id like to realistically hit between 10-20 orders a week, which should mean that in a couple of months they should all be out.

Heedermann

Post by Heedermann » Thu May 16, 2019 6:11 am

galaxygaming wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 2:30 pm
That coupled with due to few PayPal cases created I was contacted by PayPal and they have frozen the account which has the funds in for the shipping and packaging parts etc.. needed to complete everything.
I don't even feel sorry for the fact, that your PayPal account has been frozen.

You really pushed your luck to the very limit by not giving regular updates and ignoring messages from your customers. Though it has been made REALLY clear, that the problem was not the delays but the silence from you.

And I don't buy, that you're sorry. You are not open about the process now, because you've realized that it was a mistake to say nothing at all regularly. You are open now, because PayPal has frozen your account.

Now you're giving a realistic estimation by saying 10-20 kits per week, which means a few months till all kits are out. This should have been said by you earlier and before your account has been frozen.

Who guarantees, that I will get my kit once your account has been unfrozen? Until then the "PayPal Purchase Protection for Buyers" has expired. And how things have went till now, I don't think many people will let expire that purchase protection, since you haven't proven to be a reliable salesman. So I'm sure there will be a lot more questions for refunds coming,

Bluup

Post by Bluup » Thu May 16, 2019 6:23 am

Yep, hindsight is wonderful, we knew everyone wanted better communication and Konnor and I were trying to give that but with Rich being so busy it became a perfect storm of people wanting answers and us not being able to supply them or us working with outdated info. The initial intention was always to get more than 30 kits out by taking time from work, using all weekends, amongst other things. But then life get's in the way and it's not possible to get time from work.

I know from the outside looking in it seems so simple, that's exactly the thinking we had when we started out, so I'm sure you can appreciate how it's been anything but. All I can say now is Rich has updated everyone on the situation, we are where we are, so we're just going to focus on the going forward. We're trying to resolve the PayPal issue, any updates we get will be posted.