Pocketadventures

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
jankyyaf

Pocketadventures

Post by jankyyaf » Sat May 25, 2019 11:39 pm

Does anyone have any experience with pocketadventures.com?

I've seen the site, but there is little information about it otherwise

VeteranGamer

Re: Pocketadventures

Post by VeteranGamer » Sun May 26, 2019 3:03 am

jankyyaf wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:39 pm

many members/people have used his/their products......

https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7789

https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=6394

if your unsure about anything......
just contact him/them directly...
i'm sure any queries or issues or concerns you may have could easily be addressed......

https://www.sudomod.com/forum/memberlis ... ile&u=8563

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Mon May 27, 2019 8:17 am

jankyyaf wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:39 pm

I've never used his boards, but I have seen them before, as mentioned by Veteran with links. I also notice he posts often of the facebook groups (retropie handhelds mostly). I would not be worried about buying, all the products look good.

infinitLoop

Post by infinitLoop » Tue May 28, 2019 8:38 am

i have used a lot of the products, on a bunch of builds (check out glowboy and blueboy in my signature, for instance) and I like the products a lot. john is very responsive and helpful if you have questions or issues.

the power assists are the most useful, imo, since they add an option for an easy safe shutdown, and the gpio assists are very nice to keep everything nice and organized and easy to hookup, with labelling. I've also used his PWM filter a couple times, and the results sounded great.

RxBrad

Post by RxBrad » Thu May 30, 2019 8:58 am

I'm working on a build right now with his boards. Great pricing for what you get, and so far everything I've tested mid-build has worked as expected (actually, I couldn't use the L/R button bracket using the stock Gameboy conductive pads without some precise case modifications, but I found a decent workaround by using soft tactile switches on the bracket & shimming the inside of the Gameboy buttons with 6x6mm switch "hat" caps). If you're new to making these kits, they can be kind of hard to navigate, since there isn't a whole lot of documentation.

You'll be on your own to find someone to 3D print the various brackets. Craftcloud / All3DP (printed by Autotiv) was the cheapest I could find. Unfortunately, I got what I paid for -- every part they sent me seems partially melted & kind of "leans" to the side, so I've had to tackle everything with an XActo knife & emery board to get it to fit. I'm crossing my fingers that the screen bracket they sent me will actually hold a screw when I close up the shell.
Image Image