[ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
Bluup

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by Bluup » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:09 am

correia5022 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:19 pm
Got no reply, here goes again

Members of galaxy gaming, i would like to ask for a refund.
order number #2451
Unfortunatly i can't wait for this order any longer... Thanks in advance
Hey Correia, got your order number, should be processed soon!

Vidiot

Post by Vidiot » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:11 am

Bluup wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:10 pm
Vidiot wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:16 am
Welp I'm really not sure what to think anymore. On Sunday June 9th Rich reached out to me in an email and said he was processing my order that day. (#2222). He told me that he didn't have any black shells even though that is what I ordered. I was ok with that and happy to receive another color so I suggested a white shell and he said that he could do that and he had a cut shell he could send me. I assumed this all ment that my order would go out sometime that week. I waited a few days and never got a shipping notification or a tracking number so I reached out to him by email twice and never received any reply. I private messaged Bluup here and he said Rich was awaiting my response as to what color shell I wanted. Even though I told him and he responded and said he had that color available!
I replied to Bluup and explained that to him and asked for a new update on my order status and I have none. I private messaged Bluup twice now with no response from him either. I am a patient man but at this point I want a tracking number or a refund by the end of the week. Just posting here for everyone else's benefit.
Sorry for the confusion over the colour. Our shared spreadsheet said 'no black, asking colour' and hadn't been updated so when you messaged me, I just asked if you'd already been asked as I wasn't sure. You may have also noticed that I've not been as active on the forum the last two weeks and that's due to me being away on business, I have access to the net but a lot of my free time is consumed but I have been trying to answer everyone and find out updates, a lot of the time I message Rich about as specific issue and then wait and reply to the user. This has sort of fallen apart whilst I've been working away. I've asked again and I'll reply when I get info, or Rich will. I've also asked for the spreadsheet of refunds I've put together to be processed so those awaiting those, I will fill you in when I have the info.
Just put me down for a refund please. Order #2222.

Nikosaeder

Post by Nikosaeder » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:52 am

How do I add the back buttons to my PocketPi? The guide still says, that this section will be updated soon.

I would appreciate it a lot, if anyone could post some instructions.

Vidiot

Post by Vidiot » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:33 am

So I got an email this morning that says my order is complete. Order #2222. It does not give a tracking number and so I'm wondering what does this mean? Have they shipped my order or are they issuing me a refund? Bluup is not responding to my private messages anymore. I'm hoping someone can shed some light on what is going on with my order. Unbelievable that one should have to ask so many people so many times for a status update on an order. Communication is just non-existent at this point. I just want to know what is going on?

Olywa123

Post by Olywa123 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:03 pm

galaxygaming wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:19 pm

I'd also like to address the communication situation with you all as I feel it needs addressing / explaining. I've been trying to pack and ship as many these out of my own pocket as I can and as fast as I can which has taken an age along with the shell cutting and as a result meant that I panicked and prioritised getting kits out over messages. Which I realise now has just exacerbated matters for you all, for which I'm truly sorry and I will endeavour to provide more updates and get back to people's messages in the future and as the PayPal and shipping situation is resolved with updates on that.

Im also going to set aside a bit of time each night away from the FE stuff to ensure you all get a reply and are in the loop on whats going on.

Rich
This was (yet again) two weeks ago with nothing since Rich. STILL people are having to chase things and ask multiple times. I know Bluup has been doing what he can when he can (while travelling/working) but you need to pull your finger out, it's really not good enough.

@wermy @bluup @KonnorJ @rich
I think the forum and future project starters would benefit from a 'lessons learned' sticky when this is all over covering topics such as:
  • Expectation Setting (there was never any indication that the project would take THIS long)
  • Communication (frequency/methods/etc.)
  • Planning/Resources (activities that might be rn in parallel such as shell cutting starting earlier)
  • Building in Contingency (there will ALWAYS be issues and delays, how might you mitigate them)

Bluup

Post by Bluup » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:15 pm

I think it's definitely a good idea to do a post with all the learnings from it so future people can know the pitfalls involved.
I also think people have been getting replies, refunds and their DMs answered, and more importantly, their orders, as the backlog is gone through. If the occasional one slips through, we can only apologies but it's not intentionally ignored. People have also been updated about PayPal. I think the communication isn't 100% there yet but it's a huge step forward.
You may also get a slight delayed response from myself. It's only for the next few weeks. It's a combination of a large project being delivered with work which is seeing me work outside my core hours and that I'm helping to repair any mis soldered / accidentally damaged Pocket FEs as a small token to those who have waited and are having problems. I'd rather be honest and up front than people getting frustrated if I don't reply on the day.

Nikosaeder

Post by Nikosaeder » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:33 pm

Vidiot wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:33 am
So I got an email this morning that says my order is complete. Order #2222. It does not give a tracking number and so I'm wondering what does this mean? Have they shipped my order or are they issuing me a refund? Bluup is not responding to my private messages anymore. I'm hoping someone can shed some light on what is going on with my order. Unbelievable that one should have to ask so many people so many times for a status update on an order. Communication is just non-existent at this point. I just want to know what is going on?
Hey,

I already received my kits, because I asked for uncutted cases. I got this mail too. And a few hours later, I got another email with the tracking number.

Vidiot

Post by Vidiot » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:38 am

Nikosaeder wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:33 pm
Vidiot wrote:
Hey,

I already received my kits, because I asked for uncutted cases. I got this mail too. And a few hours later, I got another email with the tracking number.
Problem for me is I never got a tracking number and no one will respond to me anymore. :(

Bluup

Post by Bluup » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:41 am

Vidiot wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:38 am
Nikosaeder wrote:
Vidiot wrote:
Hey,

Problem for me is I never got a tracking number and no one will respond to me anymore. :(
Sorry about that, I do remember you DMing me. Normally you will get the tracking up to a day later. What happens is that it goes to DPD and then they update it. I will chase this for you, could you DM me your order number please, sorry to have to get you to do that but it'll make it quicker to look up on my end.

Heedermann

Post by Heedermann » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:57 am

Bluup wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:41 am
Vidiot wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:38 am
Nikosaeder wrote:

Hey,

Sorry about that, I do remember you DMing me. Normally you will get the tracking up to a day later. What happens is that it goes to DPD and then they update it. I will chase this for you, could you DM me your order number please, sorry to have to get you to do that but it'll make it quicker to look up on my end.
His order number is #2222. You quoted it. Guess you just missed it :D