[SALE] Retro PSU, a 3.5A Output capable Boost Board

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
Sleepyshark

Re: [SALE] Retro PSU, a 3.5A Output capable Boost Board

Post by Sleepyshark » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:38 am

Hi, I've just received a PSU through the post (thanks!) for a new build. I was thinking of putting a charging/charged LED on the outside so I can see where its got to when the screen is off. I've got two questions really,

1. Would the LEDs still show charging status whilst the switch was off?
2. If I wired a two-colour LED to the board with a common cathode (joining the connections at the LED), would this destroy the board?

I had a look and couldn't see a similar question on the forum, sorry if its a duplicate and I missed it.

Thanks for the help.

PiDroidGamer

Post by PiDroidGamer » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:47 pm

Is there ever going to be a USB c version, or should i just us a panel mount adapter?

Green Alex

Post by Green Alex » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:32 am

Helder wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:54 am
Can't answer that since I don't use Recallbox you'll have to try it yourself and let us know.
Received the Retro PSU and installed yesterday, and it works fine ! Great product 8-) !
I struggled a bit with Retropie (which I don't really know), mostly because I can't connect keyboard or RJ45...
But I managed to configure the Wifi and installed your software trough SSH. The on-screen battery meter and safe shutdown worked straight.

On the Recalbox side, as expected, it doesn't work... Due to the nature of RB, based on Buildroot (not Raspbian), most of the Linux command or functionnalities are not present.
Some captures of my fails, if it can be useful :
I can do more testing if necessary.

The philosophy of Recalbox is to provide a easy-to-use, stable OS for a large audience. So I doubt about their will to add some tools to help people add some exotic functions. The only solution seems to add packages and compile your own version...
Anyway, here're some Linux commands available on Recalbox :
(In french, sorry. Not equivalent in english)
https://github.com/recalbox/recalbox-os ... x-%28FR%29

Ema908

Post by Ema908 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:40 pm

I bought the Retro PSU board, but they gave me back the money, it is possible to buy in another page, that I sent to my country
Last edited by Ema908 on Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Green Alex

Post by Green Alex » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:40 pm

I may have missed something but where do we configure the "mode" button ? The one we should use in button combos to control bluetooth, sound, or wifi, like explained in the OneForAll Github ?

Because the sound is disabled on my system...
Or is it a problem with my audio device ? I'm using an USB audio card.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:25 pm

Ema908 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:40 pm
Hi, I want to buy a license board, but I'm from Chile. make the purchase but they reimbursed me the money, is there any other place where you can buy the board?, thank you
I refunded your money, I don't ship to South America. No way to track it or confirm you received it either and could take months or never arrive. Not worth the hassle for me sorry.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:27 pm

Green Alex wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:40 pm
I may have missed something but where do we configure the "mode" button ? The one we should use in button combos to control bluetooth, sound, or wifi, like explained in the OneForAll Github ?

Because the sound is disabled on my system...
Or is it a problem with my audio device ? I'm using an USB audio card.
HOTKEY in the keys.cfg is the "Mode" Button.

You can manually adjust the volume in the audio option in the Retropie Menu but looks like it could be the usb sound card not installed properly or the software for it isn't installed properly.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Ema908

Post by Ema908 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:00 pm

Helder wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:25 pm
Ema908 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:40 pm
Hi, I want to buy a license board, but I'm from Chile. make the purchase but they reimbursed me the money, is there any other place where you can buy the board?, thank you
I refunded your money, I don't ship to South America. No way to track it or confirm you received it either and could take months or never arrive. Not worth the hassle for me sorry.
it's fine, thanks

DoggieWokkie

Post by DoggieWokkie » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:32 am

Would this be suitable fro the Pi4 ? Have you tested it?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:12 pm

Got one on order to test out. Will post here if it does work.