MintyPi Headphone Socket Type

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
FFSamurai05

MintyPi Headphone Socket Type

Post by FFSamurai05 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:37 am

I was wondering if anyone knew what specific kind of headphone socket is used in the mintypi v3 kit. I’ve looked at the parts list under the build guide but they don’t give a specific type and all the models I’ve googled don’t necessarily match up, pin-wise. I lost the one that came with the kit and would rather see if I can pick up a replacement without ponying up 90 bucks for a new kit or pestering Helder for a replacement part. Thanks in advance if you help.

DieselDummy

Re: MintyPi Headphone Socket Type

Post by DieselDummy » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:42 am

Where are you? You can have mine if you pay the shipping. I'm not using it on my second build

FFSamurai05

Post by FFSamurai05 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:22 am

Thanks for the reply and the kind offer but, tbh, I’m not too comfy giving a stranger I just met on a forum my address. Plus, if this part should break I’d like to be able to replace it. Knowing specifically what kind of headphone socket it is would help.

FFSamurai05

Post by FFSamurai05 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:57 pm

Update:

Well my continued search finally bore some fruit. The main problem I kept running into was that all the tabs were on the right and left, with none of them on the back of the unit. Finally found a type that had it in the same configuration as on the pcb button board. For those who may need to replace a broken unit here’s the type you need:

PCB Mount 3.5mm 5 Pin Socket Headphone Stereo Jack Audio Video Connector PJ328

I put this into Amazon, Newegg, and google and was, with a little scrolling, able to find it on each of those. I hope this helps save someone the surprising amount of headache this search caused me.