[ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
Deviate

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by Deviate » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:48 pm

Can i get an update on my order. GG-1961

Zero101

Post by Zero101 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:37 pm

galaxygaming wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 3:02 pm
Hey Zero101,

Thank you for being understanding it means a lot. I will make sure that everyone who has ordered an FE item gets it.

Of course, bare in mind these are estimates Id like to realistically hit between 10-20 orders a week, which should mean that in a couple of months they should all be out. I know I have given time scales in the past that have not been met so if anything comes up which will affect this in any way I will be sure to get the update on here for you all ASAP. Along with the updates on the PayPal situation.

Cheers

Rich
More than a couple of months have passed since this post. It’s almost September, and there are still a lot of people waiting for their orders (including me). Communication has not gotten better... very few updates here and the Instagram account hasn’t seen any new posts either.

I’ve PM’ed everyone that seems to be involved in this project asking for an update on my order and have heard nothing. Other people seem to be getting the silent treatment when asking for refunds.

I have tried to give the benefit of the doubt. I have been very patient. But in just a little over a week, it will have been a full year since I made my order. It is insane that I still have no idea what is going on.

Bluup

Post by Bluup » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:15 am

Zero101 wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:37 pm
galaxygaming wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 3:02 pm
Hey Zero101,

Thank you for being understanding it means a lot. I will make sure that everyone who has ordered an FE item gets it.

Of course, bare in mind these are estimates Id like to realistically hit between 10-20 orders a week, which should mean that in a couple of months they should all be out. I know I have given time scales in the past that have not been met so if anything comes up which will affect this in any way I will be sure to get the update on here for you all ASAP. Along with the updates on the PayPal situation.

Cheers

Rich
More than a couple of months have passed since this post. It’s almost September, and there are still a lot of people waiting for their orders (including me). Communication has not gotten better... very few updates here and the Instagram account hasn’t seen any new posts either.

I’ve PM’ed everyone that seems to be involved in this project asking for an update on my order and have heard nothing. Other people seem to be getting the silent treatment when asking for refunds.

I have tried to give the benefit of the doubt. I have been very patient. But in just a little over a week, it will have been a full year since I made my order. It is insane that I still have no idea what is going on.
People are getting their refunds and there was an update about two weeks ago, I would say it's got better as a lot of people are receiving their kits now and there are updates. I do sometimes miss messages as the volume has increased a lot, just general enquiries about software, the device itself, and some refund requests. The refunds are processed, if any aren't they've just slipped through the net. As Konnor has said, if we don't reply to the refund request, it doesn't mean they're getting the silent treatment, they're collected and added to our list of things to process.

I have had a look but haven't received a message from you. I have about 3 PMS I need to reply to so if you send me a PM I'll make sure to get to that too.

Zero101

Post by Zero101 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:57 am

I just sent another PM. And the previous one is showing as sent in my account, so I am not sure why you didn't receive it.

Let me know if this one didn't go through.

KonnorJ

Post by KonnorJ » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:55 pm

Zero101 wrote:
I’ve PM’ed everyone that seems to be involved in this project asking for an update on my order and have heard nothing.
Not to call you out or anything but I am very obviously one of the people "who seem to be involved in this project" and have not recieved a PM from you recently if at all. So please refrain from saying you have done something which you havent when it makes us look like we are ignoring people, we arent.

Zero101

Post by Zero101 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:12 pm

I sent to both you and Bluup. Bluup said he didn't get it or see it either, though I did send him a screenshot earlier. I am not sure why neither of you seemed to receive the PM's.

Bluup said he is checking on my order status.

Warp_Man

Post by Warp_Man » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:35 pm

KonnorJ wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:55 pm
Zero101 wrote:
I’ve PM’ed everyone that seems to be involved in this project asking for an update on my order and have heard nothing.
..makes us look like we are ignoring people, we arent.
WOW, just wow.

Can't believe you're going on the attack and have the gall....the absolute gall to make a claim like that.

Pretty disgusting.

Zero101

Post by Zero101 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:32 pm

I think "disgusting" is unnecessarily strong, and I think this is just a case of some kind of a communication issue... either with the board or stuff getting lost in a pile of PM's. Again, I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

But, I do still feel like the original point got lost... my annoyance isn't just that I didn't get a response to my PM's. My bigger concern is where this whole project stands.

In MAY, Rich said
Neither of which has come to pass. Definitely didn't get all the orders out in a couple of months... it has been 3 and a half months since that post and it seems like there are a lot of people without orders still.

I can't tell you exactly how many are waiting though, because the communication has not really gotten any better either. Have there been a few updates since May? Yeah, there were a handful of posts in May and June. But the last one (as far as I can tell) was in early July: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6522&p=75925#p75925 (so, almost 2 months ago?). At the time Rich said he was about 50% done and a "big push" was coming... but no updates since. Did the big push happen? How many got sent out? How far along in the project are we now? Any new hiccups or is everything going according to plan?

Again, I want to give this the benefit of the doubt and I want this to be a success. But time and time again the biggest complaint here (in my opinion) is the lack of communication and updates. It really kills me that I still have absolutely no idea if I am a week away or another year away from seeing my order (despite being a very early preorder). So even if there was a communication snafu with the board or something, that doesn't really resolve the overall problem of nobody knowing what is going on or when this thing will come to an end.

I ordered my kit on Sept. 6 2018. I'm going to give this another week or so until Sept. 6th 2019. If my kit hasn't shipped by then, I will be asking for a refund. Waiting over a year with so little communication and updates is unreasonable, in my opinion.

KonnorJ

Post by KonnorJ » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:10 am

Warp_Man wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:35 pm
KonnorJ wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:55 pm
Zero101 wrote:
..makes us look like we are ignoring people, we arent.
WOW, just wow.

Can't believe you're going on the attack and have the gall....the absolute gall to make a claim like that.

Pretty disgusting.
Id like to know who have we actively ignored? Ive been responding to all support tequests on sudomod private messages, the support section, instagram, and even people messaging my personal facebook account, to which i have still done my best to help.

KonnorJ

Post by KonnorJ » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:17 am

Zero101 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:32 pm

I can't tell you exactly how many are waiting though, because the communication has not really gotten any better either. Have there been a few updates since May? Yeah, there were a handful of posts in May and June. But the last one (as far as I can tell) was in early July: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6522&p=75925#p75925 (so, almost 2 months ago?). At the time Rich said he was about 50% done and a "big push" was coming... but no updates since. Did the big push happen? How many got sent out? How far along in the project are we now? Any new hiccups or is everything going according to plan?
I can tell you the big push did happen, I did post some pics on this thread of the progress. As of this week there are only 150 more orders outstanding, up to yet things are running smoothly, the CNC is up and running which is making the process much quicker. I hope you can agree this is all positive news and shows the project moving smoother than ever.