[ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
Bluup

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by Bluup » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:09 am

thebonuslevel wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:30 am
Heedermann wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:45 am
Btw he started tier 4: https://galaxygaming.co.uk/shop/gameboy ... fe-kit-v2/
WTF
"THESE KITS ARE IN STOCK BUT VERY LIMITED QTY"
why the heck is that stated on the order page?
They are cancelled orders being sold without a shell or custom lens cover. We have always offered that people who have ordered can receive their kit with a standard shell (not precut) and it will be dispatched immediately. No one is getting something before others. These are being sold to cover international postage on the few remaining kits.

iAno

Post by iAno » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:46 am

it is annoying to wait for the refund ... can not one of the responsible even give a concrete statement?

Zero101

Post by Zero101 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:53 pm

Bluup wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:50 am
It's been a bit quieter on here, that's because nearly all the orders have gone out and the rest will go out.
Speaking personally, I have been quieter here because I have basically given up hope. I waited a year without receiving my device and now I hear that people have waited 4+ months without a refund? It's a mess.

I will probably pop in once in a while (like today) out of morbid curiosity, but I am chalking this whole thing up to a huge mistake on my part. I took a chance on a project that seemed like a sure-thing and I got burned. Maybe someday I'll get my £91 back, but I doubt it.

I have a feeling there are a lot of other people in the same boat and who gave up a long time ago.

Bluup

Post by Bluup » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:06 pm

Zero101 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:53 pm
Bluup wrote:
It's been a bit quieter on here, that's because nearly all the orders have gone out and the rest will go out.
Speaking personally, I have been quieter here because I have basically given up hope. I waited a year without receiving my device and now I hear that people have waited 4+ months without a refund? It's a mess.

I will probably pop in once in a while (like today) out of morbid curiosity, but I am chalking this whole thing up to a huge mistake on my part. I took a chance on a project that seemed like a sure-thing and I got burned. Maybe someday I'll get my £91 back, but I doubt it.

I have a feeling there are a lot of other people in the same boat and who gave up a long time ago.
I completely understand that. I know orders are still going out so I hope it's just a matter of time until you get yours.

reini1305

Post by reini1305 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:04 am

Bluup wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:06 pm
I completely understand that. I know orders are still going out so I hope it's just a matter of time until you get yours.
I just now remembered me ordering one of the kits last christmas :). I didn't get a separate conformation mail and only have the Paypal confirmation mail with the order number GG-2419. Is my kit still on the list of kits to go out?

thebonuslevel

Post by thebonuslevel » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:26 pm

Bluup wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:09 am
thebonuslevel wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:30 am
Heedermann wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:45 am
Btw he started tier 4: https://galaxygaming.co.uk/shop/gameboy ... fe-kit-v2/
WTF
"THESE KITS ARE IN STOCK BUT VERY LIMITED QTY"
why the heck is that stated on the order page?
They are cancelled orders being sold without a shell or custom lens cover. We have always offered that people who have ordered can receive their kit with a standard shell (not precut) and it will be dispatched immediately. No one is getting something before others. These are being sold to cover international postage on the few remaining kits.
I understand that they are canceled kits being sold off, and figured that is what they meant by the phrase I took issue with. I am not begrudging them on that regard. Where I find the issue is that he is quick to turn around and resell the canceled kits but apparently not so quick to issue refunds or being responsive or engaging to people who have been in queue for 13 months now.

Gwarnifarn

Post by Gwarnifarn » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:30 am

Bluup wrote:
The kits do not contain the shell or glass and are essentially the canceled orders being sold to get the last bit of money needed to ship the last orders, of which there are about 40ish left I believe. About 250 have gone out. It's not a "Tier 4", that's just what I assume Heedermann is calling it to fan the flames, which is not appropriate. Just to stress, they have cancelled orders being sold for the near cost to get the last shipping money and I assume some refunds.

It's the same offer that was offered, if you don't want your shell cut (but you still received a normal shell), the kit would have been sent quickly and without a cut shell but everything else. No one is getting a full kit before those that pre-ordered. This kit is stripped down, it offers no custom glass lens and no shell. If people still want their original kit without a cut shell, that can be arranged and will dispatch almost immediately.

It's been a bit quieter here, that's because nearly all the orders have gone out and the rest will go out. It's taken ages, it's not ideal, but there hasn't been a cut and run with the money, the orders are nearly done, the big pushes happened and a ton of orders went out at once. There were photos on here and nearly all the other social channels. Some orders came back due to factory errors, which needed replacing, but all in all it's now progressing at a steady rate and we've had tons of e-mails and posts with people saying how happy they are, which is a huge boost when you've devoted a good chunk of your last year to something.
So 40 Units are left? I have the Order Number #1953 and I was in the second tier. Can you or someone verify that I'm one of the unlucky ones who happened to be one of the very last ones to this thing sent out? I don't even want to bring up the question where the f***ing hell the process order comes from. I can only assume it's random.

Anyway, you said an uncut shell will dispatch almost immediately. I would like to give that a try. Also, my address changed and I need to update it. Do I need to send a PM to someone or what do I have to do? I'm apparently not able to send out PM's.

JayCanuck

Post by JayCanuck » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:17 pm

Gwarnifarn wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:30 am
So 40 Units are left? I have the Order Number #1953 and I was in the second tier. Can you or someone verify that I'm one of the unlucky ones who happened to be one of the very last ones to this thing sent out? I don't even want to bring up the question where the f***ing hell the process order comes from. I can only assume it's random.
It must be random/non-linear order of fulfillment. My full kit order #2254 is still not shipped. Either that or significantly more remaining to be shipped out than advertised, heh.

iAno

Post by iAno » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:04 am

I want my money back!!!!!!!! :x :x

thebonuslevel

Post by thebonuslevel » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:28 pm

I am dumbfounded. 13 months and 1 day later.
I requested updates and refunds multiple times when I felt like it would never come. I heard nothing from the actual company, no shipping notification, no support, no updates etc. But here it is.
Attachments
IMG_20191007_142316.jpg
IMG_20191007_142316.jpg (2.69 MiB) Viewed 52316 times