Mintypi 3, no power from battery, okay from USB

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
Cannikin

Mintypi 3, no power from battery, okay from USB

Post by Cannikin » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:28 pm

I hate to be That Guy but I don't know what else to try here... this is my second MintyPi 3, first one went together with no issues. Everything is working on this one (screen, sound, buttons) but it won't power on when connected to the power board (power via USB is fine). Things I've tried so far:

* Went through the sticky thread: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=7951
* 5V continuity to test pad and D1
* Made sure there's no continuity between any two pins on the Pi itself, other than the 5V pins
* Voltage tested the battery (currently 4.15V)
* Hard-wired 5V and GND on the test pads to the pads on the Pi to be sure I have a good connection
* Continuity tested the actual power switch itself
* Continuity tested all the pins on the little power board cable
* Checked that the sockets for the power board cable are not bent
* Checked voltages described here: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... latges.jpg

Here's the current state of the bottom of the board:
CCDE3A24-F6EA-4FB5-8A54-3685016A6ADA_1_105_c.jpeg
CCDE3A24-F6EA-4FB5-8A54-3685016A6ADA_1_105_c.jpeg (287.78 KiB) Viewed 2699 times
Any other ideas on what I can check? Thanks for any help! Sorry to bug you @helder, I bet you're sick of customer support on this thing. haha
Last edited by Cannikin on Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cannikin

Re: Mintypi 3, no power from battery, okay from USB

Post by Cannikin » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:17 pm

Hmm, so this is mentioned as being a potential *audio* issue (my audio is working fine) but I don't have continuity between 5V and FB3 as shown in this image:

https://www.sudomod.com/wiki/images/thu ... _Audio.png

There IS continuity between the third pin on the cable socket and F3. Should I run a wire between the 5V test pad and the lower side of FB3?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Mintypi 3, no power from battery, okay from USB

Post by Helder » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:58 am

Yea that was an image I edited for something else and we just added onto it. There is no continuity on those points, it might be a bad dualfet on the board, luckily I have plenty of extra powerboards if you need a replacement let me know by giving me your order #. Are your GND points solid too?
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.