Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Handheld Edition

Want to show off your own project? Want to keep a build log of it? Post it here!
Eurynomos

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Handheld Edition

Post by Eurynomos » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:43 pm

As we know, Capcom make the Playstation Classic of the Arcades, so I like to make a Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Handheld Edition that can be similar to a 1up Pix Portable or at least a Playstation Portable or GBA one...

But I want something to play without a lot of configuration and only a frontend for FBA,PS1,Dreamcast and PSP

Gamelist
It will have all Street Fighter from Arcades to Street Fighter 1987 to 3rd Strike in FBA with American and Japanese versions of the Game
SNES and Genesis SF2 Ports
Fighting Street PC Engine
Game Boy SF2
Game Boy Color SFA1
Game Boy Advance Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo Revival
Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha and EX 2 Plus from Playstation
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max PSP Edition
Capcom Classics Reloaded PSP
Street Fighter 3 Double Impact, Third Strike and Super Street Fighter 2X for Matching Service (Dreamcast)

32GB SD Card can be well

Why I put home versions too?
Because someones are decents to play too and also have Training Mode

Street Fighter The Movie will be on list?
No because its a kusoge and also some MAME version don't run it well lol

Design
  • Size 7x14x1.5 cm to 8x15x2 cm maximum
    3.5 to inch LCD
    Landscape
    Can be a 6 button layout in front plus 1 shoulder buttons for PPP and KKK or Fierce+Roundhouse
    4 front button and 2 triggers for each hand
    Start,Select and Home buttons at the left part
    Left Stick PSvita and Directional Pad like Sega Saturn
Drawing soon...

Hardware
Raspberry CM3(for Arcade Versions Only + MAME4All 0.38 romset and Neo Geo collection 16GB SD Card) or 3B+(for home consoles included 32 GB SD Card)

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Handheld Edition

Post by Helder » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:52 pm

So is this something you're going to be building? Or are you requesting someone to design this?

If it's the latter you're going to be waiting a long time for anyone to bother even looking at this.

If it's the former I'm sure we'd like to see it once done.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Eurynomos

Post by Eurynomos » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:40 pm

Helder wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:52 pm
So is this something you're going to be building? Or are you requesting someone to design this?

If it's the latter you're going to be waiting a long time for anyone to bother even looking at this.

If it's the former I'm sure we'd like to see it once done.
I will love to build it but I can send my design to someone too.

superman

Post by superman » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:20 am

My pi 3b+ can barrly play Lego psp games so in the very least you would need to make this a 3a+ build and even then I don't know if that could run psp.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:06 pm

superman wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:20 am
My pi 3b+ can barrly play Lego psp games so in the very least you would need to make this a 3a+ build and even then I don't know if that could run psp.
The 3b+ is slightly better than the 3a+ with extra ram, so I think you got your info wrong.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

superman

Post by superman » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:35 am

The 3b+ is slightly better than the 3a+ with extra ram, so I think you got your info wrong.
I was saying that there is no way to do this with pi zero. I understand the 3b+ is better I was just stating what he could use at minimum. :D :lol:
As a side note it looks like the Compute Module 3 might have enough power to play some of the more complicated emulators like psp...
I have no experience with them though, so maybe post something asking if anyone has run psp on a circuit sword build....

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:03 pm

CM3 is basically a stripped down Pi 3B+ so should be identical performance between the 2.

Eurynomos

Post by Eurynomos » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:00 pm

Helder wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:03 pm
CM3 is basically a stripped down Pi 3B+ so should be identical performance between the 2.
As I know CM3 its a upgrade of Zero with Raspberry 3 Vanilla (A version) processor, 3D reamcast and PSP Games don't run well

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:57 pm

Eurynomos wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:00 pm
Helder wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:03 pm
As I know CM3 its a upgrade of Zero with Raspberry 3 Vanilla (A version) processor, 3D reamcast and PSP Games don't run well
Then you better go read up on it's official page because you're obviously misinformed about it.