Testing 5 volt traces to debug no sound

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
ogawas

Testing 5 volt traces to debug no sound

Post by ogawas » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:39 pm

Hi,

I searched this forum re. the minty pi no sound issue, which I have encountered. i traced all the other SMD pads to the pi for continuity without issue. I am now testing for 5 volt power issues.

I have a clarity question re. the 5 volt pads to test based on the following picture.
Screen Shot 2019-12-28 at 4.21.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-28 at 4.21.32 PM.png (124.42 KiB) Viewed 1613 times

Two question about this partial picture, which helder uploaded for sound debug.

1. There is a small square, outlined in red, top of the picture. Is this a 5 volt test point?
--> If yes, where should i place my negative lead (ground) on this board to ensure 5 volts is charging?
--> if no, is this a continuity point? if yes, what other continuity test point should this go to?

2. The "5 volt test" text at the bottom of the picture page....does this refer to the small circular copper 5V pad printed above the pad on the SDM board?
--> If yes, where should i place my negative lead (ground) on this board to ensure 5 volts is charging?

Thanks in advance.

-stu

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Testing 5 volt traces to debug no sound

Post by Helder » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:23 am

ogawas wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:39 pm
Hi,

I searched this forum re. the minty pi no sound issue, which I have encountered. i traced all the other SMD pads to the pi for continuity without issue. I am now testing for 5 volt power issues.

I have a clarity question re. the 5 volt pads to test based on the following picture.

Screen Shot 2019-12-28 at 4.21.32 PM.png

Two question about this partial picture, which helder uploaded for sound debug.

1. There is a small square, outlined in red, top of the picture. Is this a 5 volt test point?
--> if no, is this a continuity point? if yes, what other continuity test point should this go to?

2. The "5 volt test" text at the bottom of the picture page....does this refer to the small circular copper 5V pad printed above the pad on the SDM board?

Thanks in advance.

-stu
Wrong section buddy and those squares were from another test for someone else, no sound no power? I have explained it numerous times but people keep asking and the reason that image exists to help people figure it out themselves.

You test one of the 2 GPIO since they are connected to the D1 pad with a red square and if you have continuity then there will be power and audio, if not then you need to resolder that GPIO until it has continuity to the D1 pad.

Moving from VMU to mintyPi section.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.